Seeking profile advice : Swingers Discussion 69675
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesSeeking profile advice
TOPIC: Seeking profile advice
Created by: goodkindofcrazy
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hey guys,

This is my first post to these forums, though I've been reading for awhile.

I was just wondering if there is anything I could do to improve my profile. I know that my 'demographic' has it rough, so I'd like to not make things any harder on myself. lol

When I email people I always try to be polite, laid back, and conversational. I try to comment on something in their profile to show that I've read it, and am just trying to chat, for starters (as opposed to being overly forward or pushy or assuming too much, or whatever). I've had a few rejections saying things like "not compatible" or what not, but I didn't really see how. So I just got to wondering if there was anything in my profile that was a turn off. (I do only contact people who show that they are interested in males and don't bother anyone who isn't)

I think I'm pretty easy to get along with, I always try to have fun, and like getting out and doing things and meeting people. Though I can be a bit shy, depending on the circumstance. I also like to laugh and make other people laugh. I think having fun is the whole point of life, really. I'm looking to meet people who are the same way really. Personality and compatibility are more important than body type or looks because I have a very wide range of types and looks that I find attractive.

I tried to get that across in the profile without being overly wordy, or appearing full of myself.

TIA :)

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
Your main pic is great, FWIW. But I can see what you're saying, kinda like how nobody likes hearing recordings of their own voice. lol

It's just that pics almost never do people justice, IMO. I know some people here that I met first at MnGs or clubs and the look so much better than their pics it's not even funny. That's actually been my experience across the board. (and then there are those that can masterfully work the camera and shot composition and post effects to come out better than they should)

I agree we are a visual species and looks are important, but as I said in my profile, IMO, they are not the only (nor even the most) important thing, and I almost ignore pics, reserving judgement until a face to face meeting can take place. :)

Oh, I never put face pics online. Not even "private". I work in IT. I guess I know too much about what's possible. lol (I keep that to direct private email, or Yahoo cam or whatnot)

Derrick

Aston PA
Username hidden
(365 posts)
Hi Heather. Thanks for the response. Good to know I'm on the right track. :)

I was afraid you'd say that about the pics though. lol I know I'm not good at taking pics, don't have a great camera, and personally don't like how I look in (any) pics (I like how I look in the mirror, but even a pic of a mirror isn't the same. Dunno how or why that works).

Hopefully I can get some better ones up though. It's a shame that people put so much on a pic when there is so much to go wrong with it. But I guess that's another topic altogether. lol

Aston PA
Username hidden
(365 posts)
Hmm... no responses. I guess I'll take that as a good thing. =)

However, even if the profile was good, it was up for awhile, so I figured it was time for a re-vamp.

Any comments or advice on the new one? I do have the old one saved just in case it would be better to go back to it. lol

Aston PA
Username hidden
(365 posts)
Hey guys,

This is my first post to these forums, though I've been reading for awhile.

I was just wondering if there is anything I could do to improve my profile. I know that my 'demographic' has it rough, so I'd like to not make things any harder on myself. lol

When I email people I always try to be polite, laid back, and conversational. I try to comment on something in their profile to show that I've read it, and am just trying to chat, for starters (as opposed to being overly forward or pushy or assuming too much, or whatever). I've had a few rejections saying things like "not compatible" or what not, but I didn't really see how. So I just got to wondering if there was anything in my profile that was a turn off. (I do only contact people who show that they are interested in males and don't bother anyone who isn't)

I think I'm pretty easy to get along with, I always try to have fun, and like getting out and doing things and meeting people. Though I can be a bit shy, depending on the circumstance. I also like to laugh and make other people laugh. I think having fun is the whole point of life, really. I'm looking to meet people who are the same way really. Personality and compatibility are more important than body type or looks because I have a very wide range of types and looks that I find attractive.

I tried to get that across in the profile without being overly wordy, or appearing full of myself.

TIA :)

Aston PA
Username hidden
(365 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Seeking profile advice