Profile acceptance : Swingers Discussion 189476
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesProfile acceptance
TOPIC: Profile acceptance
Created by: john7361
Original Starting post for this thread:
Do i really have to approve a profile where the person is cheating on their spouse ?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
If I see a profile I object too I just skip it and if someone else is ok with it they can approve it.

Hendersonville TN
Username hidden
(1188 posts)
"Their is plural. Person is singular. 'Where the person is cheating on his spouse' or 'where the person is cheating on her spouse.'"

Akron,

While I sympathize with your position, it's been overcome by events.

As John points out, when you want to leave open the possibility that the person being referred to is male or female, a possible choice is "his/her." But this gives rise to such disasters as

"A paid member needs to answer his/her new e-mail if he/she expects any further replies to his/her initial messages."

And that's when "their" became a substitute. Writing manuals wrestled with this problem as long ago as the early 1980s and offered "their" as an (inelegant) solution.

So as much as you and I might not like it, if a person wants to use a gender-neutral approach to an unspecified or general person in their writing, it is now common usage and generally accepted practice.

Best,

ST

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(255 posts)
I know, but i didn't want to say if it was a He or She. either way, its shameful, and i feel for the spouse.

i could not deal with it if i approved it, so i left it.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2309 posts)
Do i really have to approve a profile where the person is cheating on their spouse ?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2309 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Profile acceptance