Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Successful Swinging Better Profiles Profile Advice Please
TOPIC: Profile Advice Please
Created by: geekycouple42
Original Starting post for this thread:
Not 100% sure where to post this but should we seriously put what we are not looking for in our profile? We think it portrays a negative attitude if we state things like "No single men", "No solo guys in a couple", so on and so forth. We did put up a red message, which doesn't seem to work, about our age limitations.

Based on the fact that our existing message at the top in red doesn't work why would any other work. Any suggestions to help narrow our search but not put anyone off?

We are a flexible couple looking to enjoy this LS together and aren't afraid to meet new people but we do have our limits. We thought we had it listed rather well but from the messages we get one would think we are wrong.

Thanks in advance.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
geeky, here's how we look at it. the fewer items in your profile that can offend, the better. for example, occasionaly, you'll find a profile that says, "same race only". all they accomplished here was convincing a lot of members that they are racists, whether they are or not. the fact is, if they see something in a pic that doesn't work for them, all they have to say is, "don't think we're compatible. thanks for writing." no one was offended, and they don't look like jackasses.

when it comes to writing a profile, we always encourage members to... 1. say what you absolutely need to say. 2. say it in as short a way as possible.

we include what we refer to as "dealbreakers" in the profile and we'll also cover those again in a phone convo before we ever agreeing to meet a couple 2 on 2. but by covering those, we weed out a lot of couples that would have been a waste of time, both ours and theirs.

have fun.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(5376 posts)
Ah yes, the misused words. Thanks again. And yes you do deserve the thanks. Without you we would not have seen not only the errors but the finer details that could make or break a profile.

;)

Eden Prairie MN
Username hidden
(9 posts)
Spell checkers can't find misused words. Check "explorer" vs "explore" in the first sentence.

Like the changes. You have g rated hooks and a challenge on the fantasy list. The blindfolded fantasy is a good one. Will she keep her glasses on? That would be hot! ;)

Good luck and don't thank any of us, least of all me, until your inbox is full. I could be insane for all we know!

Cheers,

J

Roswell GA
Username hidden
(105 posts)
Thanks for the advice. We have made some changes and think it flows a bit better. Sometimes you just need an outside observation to point out the things you missed.

@Hotsummernight I searched and used the spell checker and the only word that was misspelled was solitaire. Or were you referring to something else?

Eden Prairie MN
Username hidden
(9 posts)
Welcome to the forums and to SLS!

I'm with JD, no matter what you put, you'll get a knucklehead. As an advocate of perspective, do consider the chance that some people do reach out who aren't wordsmiths and haven't update their profile (eg a short "hi! We liked your profile!"...when they both say straight and she wants bi).

I don't think it takes that much time to read, vet, and either reply with some clarification (the girl knows how to lick pussy, right?) or rejection (flattered, but no thank you).

And I'm with you. The closet marketer in me says keep it all positive and clean and simple. Yes, you may have to do some vetting via email or even in person...but, I believe that, psychologically, people will see "no no no no" and decide not to write. It's proven in many studies.

And btw, you have a very cute profile. I have many friends who could write a summary about you, minus the sleeping with other people. Your friendliness comes through in your writing.

You have some typos. Easy to fix. Be more concrete in what you'd like to do with other couples. Bowling? A MTG tournament? And it's evident from the photos she has nice breasts. No need to repeat. Give it a reread with an eye for streamlining things (no need for "edit", just change your preferences, you can always change it back) and adding some specific activities and you'll be solid.

Finally, it's not clear if you're new to the scene. If you are, go ahead and share a little. We've found it matters to some people and its worthwhile to point out - as well as your patience with other new couples.

Welcome again!

J and K

Roswell GA
Username hidden
(105 posts)
Not 100% sure where to post this but should we seriously put what we are not looking for in our profile? We think it portrays a negative attitude if we state things like "No single men", "No solo guys in a couple", so on and so forth. We did put up a red message, which doesn't seem to work, about our age limitations.

Based on the fact that our existing message at the top in red doesn't work why would any other work. Any suggestions to help narrow our search but not put anyone off?

We are a flexible couple looking to enjoy this LS together and aren't afraid to meet new people but we do have our limits. We thought we had it listed rather well but from the messages we get one would think we are wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Eden Prairie MN
Username hidden
(9 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Profile Advice Please