Please help : Swingers Discussion 74498
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesPlease help
TOPIC: Please help
Created by: mrfrench069
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hi,

I'm new to this site. I've joined a number of sites, and have written many profiles, but don't seem to have much luck. I know something is probably wrong but, for the life of me, I haven't figured out what.

It's nice that this site has a forum like this where people like me can get help with their profile. So, I'd appreciate it if people could take a look and tell me what you think.

One thing: I know everyone says that guys get more "hits" when they post pictures. I wish I could. At the moment, I don't have any pictures of me available and none online. Besides, I've lost about 40 pounds in the last year or so and any picture I do have would be way out of date.

Any way, help in improving my profile would be appreciated...

Thanks...

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
Ok, I changed my profile around, and uploaded a picture. The picture may not be there yet since it's waiting approval.

Is this profile better? Worse? Additional changes needed?

Clifton NJ
Username hidden
(5 posts)
SPQR wrote: >as far as profiles go, our first profile was terrible and evolved over time. as >our profile evolved, so did the quantity and quality of the people contacting >us.

Well, that's why I'm here asking. :-) You've all given me some really good ideas and I'm busy working on a rewrite. Hopefully it will be better. Can't do much about the username though; it's one that I have from another site and I swear to G-d the number was randomly generated because the site requires numbers in the userids. Go figure. I took it as an omen. :-)

Clifton NJ
Username hidden
(5 posts)
Hey Mr. F, These ladies all gave terrific advice, absolutely in your best interest to follow it. Speaking on behalf of my better half, she much prefers to see a mix of action shots that picture a fella taking part in an activity of some sort, and I nicely posed portrait that clearly shows what he looks like. Tasteful nudes or partial nudes are ok with her, but the "dick" shots just don't cut it. As far as showing your face in your public pics, that's clearly subjective. We're from a very small town, surrounded by other small towns, so out of concern for her, we do block our faces in most of our public shots. Now from the male perspective, If I were a single man, I'd have all my pics showing in public. My face, my ass and anything else I could get away with,lol. Connie frequently remarks, when we open a single guys profile that has all his pics "private", "If he's really single, why is he afraid to show himself?"

Reno NV
Username hidden
(1176 posts)
Hm, one other thing: everyone says to put up a picture. What kind of picture? Nude? Action shot? Full body? Engaged in some non-sexual activity? What would make a good first impression?

Clifton NJ
Username hidden
(5 posts)
Hm, you've all given me some food for thought... I'll have to sit down this weekend and think about it and try again. This was, after all, a first attempt. I try to be honest in my profiles on swing sites as well as dating sites because I don't want anyone I meet to be surprised but maybe I'm too honest in the profile.

I'll post a message again when I've edited it and you all can tell me whether it's better or worse...

Thanks for your comments!!

Clifton NJ
Username hidden
(5 posts)
Totally agree with the prior poster on this one, but want to add my take and recommendations. I am the last one to say shorten your profile, but in your case, since you're seeking to get contacted MORE, not to refine who contacts you, here's my take on a few reasons I would be turned off by your profile. Beyond the fact that you have 69 in your title which is an automatic disqualifier in my world LOL.

First, the description of what you like followed by the info that you can be "Won Over". There are bloody few swingers who fit your desired description. You're a single male, No one is going to bother to "Win over" a short middle aged invisible man. (meaning get a pic up there).

Quit telling us you're open minded. That should speak for itself, and in your profile it doesn't.

Don't tell us you have pain in your life. This is all about pleasure, Just say "I am not into pain play" and leave it at that.

Do not tell us about your physical problems, simply say limits are: pain, scat, watersports, beastiality and blood.

Bear DE
Username hidden
(160 posts)
I''m going to be absolutely honest with you, that's what you want, right? First, you need a picture. Mask your face, cut off your head, whatever is in your comfort level, but there are a LOT of single guys on here, and you will increase your chances greatly with a nice pic.

Ok. The message you send is that you are only interested in petite younger women. Period. It doesn't matter that you add the disclaimer later. Women are not going to risk that rejection thing by contacting you if they are 36 years old, and a bit more than petite. Like I said, there are TONS of single guys on here who don't list so many concrete preferences or dislikes. You might want to open up a bit, and just see what it gets you...you might be pleasantly surprised (and you can weed out those, like me, whose weights and ages don't correspond to your preferences).

Don't need to play up your sexual prowness. Just list what you like. Your certifications, in time, will speak for themselves. And for many women, we don't like to be considered a "job" or chore to complete. I know that's not what you were saying when you said "get the job done," but that's how it reads to those looking at profiles.

That's probably enough on the comments for now. Good luck!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
Hi,

I'm new to this site. I've joined a number of sites, and have written many profiles, but don't seem to have much luck. I know something is probably wrong but, for the life of me, I haven't figured out what.

It's nice that this site has a forum like this where people like me can get help with their profile. So, I'd appreciate it if people could take a look and tell me what you think.

One thing: I know everyone says that guys get more "hits" when they post pictures. I wish I could. At the moment, I don't have any pictures of me available and none online. Besides, I've lost about 40 pounds in the last year or so and any picture I do have would be way out of date.

Any way, help in improving my profile would be appreciated...

Thanks...

Clifton NJ
Username hidden
(5 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Please help