Not having any luck, would love some suggestions : Swingers Discussion 202940
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesNot having any luck, would love some suggestions
TOPIC: Not having any luck, would love some suggestions
Created by: PittBW
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hey everyone,

As the title suggests, I'm not having much luck with my profile and I can't figure out why. My goal was to try and avoid the stereotypical single guy profile but it really hasn't worked out all that well. I'm open to any and all suggestions on how to improve my profile.

Thanks!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
A couple suggestions - I think your age range is a bit narrow. You're already trying to find something rather elusive and now your shrinking the potential pool not only by capping at 35 but also because there seems to be a significantly larger group of swingers in their 40s in our neck of the woods. Pay attention to the "hot dates" page because I've seen notices for parties & events in your area. If you can attend some of these events and make a good impression, you'll find yourself having more opportunities.

Good luck!

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(4449 posts)
Thanks for the compliment. I don't give away my face picture right away unless it's in a message and someone requires it. I have a good job and I'd very much like to keep it. So I'm trying to be discrete. I'll try and get a better picture up that shows physical features.

I always try and tailor my messages to the person I'm sending. I actually READ their profile and make an effort to come up with something creative, so I have no idea why that isn't working. If they're not looking for a single guy, I'll move on. I always make a note to be polite and include pictures. And if they ask for a picture, I usually deliver it. I think what I'm trying to do to set myself apart is actually being polite instead of being a horndog. I'm doing a lot of what you're suggesting and I'm getting no where. I fixed the grammatical errors on my profile by the way, thanks for pointing that out.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Not a bad profile.

If youre emailing couples and females the first thing anyone is going to want to see is a face picture. So leaving that out of your email, many will trash it.

Leaving the face pic off your profile, the pics you have up dont say much. If youre not including a face, your next best shot would be shirtless, or somewhat unclothed.

From talking to single guys for years (our main interest). Dont expect a lot of incoming mail. Youre going to have to mail out.

Couples and single females get a lot of emails. We havent sent an initial email out in probably years.

There is nothing in your profile that seems like it would turn people off.

Just think about the emails you are sending. They will determine your "luck"

Are you a match to what they are looking for? Are you including pics? If they ask for specific pics or information in the first email, are you including that? Are you THOROUGHLY READING their profile? Are you sending the same cut and paste to everyone or addressing their profile wishes and hitting on those in your email?

Ill tell you most guys dont do that stuff. If you do. You will be noticed.

A straight guy looking for women and couples........Thats probably 50+% of the members of most sites.

What are you doing to set yourself apart and sell yourself?

Ill tell you as a couple. When we go through our emails....Most get deleted with just a quick glance. We spend a few seconds on each one.

When we get to one that followed the directions in our profile......Face pic, personal email, thoughtful writing THEN we stop, read it, look at the profile, and likely respond.

But something as simple as not including a pic, that we ask for in our profile, will just get the delete key no matter what your profile says.

Im just speaking for us. But we have been at this a long time, and have had many friends in this LS and find most are like us when it comes to that.

So again. Approach is much more important than profile.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
Your profile's not bad, it could just use some fine-tuning. There are a few grammatical issues, like "run of the mill" should be "run-of-the-mill". There is at least one run-on sentence I spotted. Spell check it well, like you would your resume.

I think I would beef up your Description. As is, it concentrates on your physical attributes. Try to develop into a section that expands on YOU the person. What do you do, what is your educational background, what kind of activities and hobbies do you have, what kind of music do you like, etc. Try to get the real YOU to shine through.

Kingsport TN
Username hidden
(151 posts)
Hey everyone,

As the title suggests, I'm not having much luck with my profile and I can't figure out why. My goal was to try and avoid the stereotypical single guy profile but it really hasn't worked out all that well. I'm open to any and all suggestions on how to improve my profile.

Thanks!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Not having any luck, would love some suggestions