Is it better to be specific with preferences in your profile or more general : Swingers Discussion 218307
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesIs it better to be specific with preferences in your profile or more general
TOPIC: Is it better to be specific with preferences in your profile or more general
Created by: WannaTry808
Original Starting post for this thread:
Ok. Another question for everyone.

In regards to your written profiles, how specific are you all about your personal preferences for potential play partners?

What I mean is ... (and pls don't *flame* me for saying this, this is only an example, ok?) ... if I am not into men with moustaches, should I say that? Is that considered "rude"?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
@outdoors - You know, it's really strange swinging on a small island. It definitely tries one's patience (and resources! A basic hotel room here *starts* at $200+.) People think of Maui/Hawaii being really open and free, but the people here are actually VERY private and don't want to gather in public places.

A couple here on the RARE occasion, has M&G's. They've had 2 in the last year and they were soooo poorly attended, it was a crying shame. We ended up ducking out early. And yes! I helped promote it, but folks here are just so paranoid.

It's rough, but we have our preferences and are sticking with them. Yes, there are couples here that get more "action" than we do, but they aren't as selective as we are. Which is fine, if that's what they want.

Mr Wanna and I already have LOTS of fun. This LS stuff is just icing on an already amazing cake. :)

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
@losamantes - Oh goodness! The tourists are the worst. (Sorry to say.) They are so flakey, insist on meeting really late at night, only want you to be their "personal tour guide", say at the last minute they can't host (after bragging about the great hotel room they have), etc.

Not saying that we wouldn't ever try again with tourists, but so far....

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
Hey Wanna, don't think we'd lower our standards even if we were on a desert island. Don't know what kind of tourist action there is where you are, but that may be an option. We know for sure that if you were here in our zip code your dance card would be full.

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
wannatry, your situation is really a fascinating case study, being that you're on an island. A very limited population and not many who are just passing through.

I was one who suggested your profile came off as "too picky" in your preferences. Just because your odds are better to meet someone and then decide if you like them, rather than filter almost everybody out, based on physical traits -- and then you still may not like them!

Have you tried meeting folks locally and being casual friends -- and then suggesting they have a swinger party? Just an occasional or semi-regular place to get together and hang out with like minded folks?

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
@paragon - I totally agree with you! We were actually more specific with our preferences in our profile before. We then changed our profile to make it more general and "politically correct" upon advice from folks on this Forum. But we're thinking of changing it back to be more ... "us."

Not sure if changing our written profile has changed anything for us. We still get so few emails/responses it's really sad. :(

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
I think specificity is the way to go. Honest specificity. Look at it this way: the more a "potential" knows about you from a first read, that first message you get speaks volumes. It's just like communicating, but instead of talking, you're merely typing.

I spent quite a bit of time refining my profile. But what you read and see is exactly what you get. And anything is better than a one sentence description. Best wishes to your endeavors. :-)

Milford CT
Username hidden
(42 posts)
Ok. Another question for everyone.

In regards to your written profiles, how specific are you all about your personal preferences for potential play partners?

What I mean is ... (and pls don't *flame* me for saying this, this is only an example, ok?) ... if I am not into men with moustaches, should I say that? Is that considered "rude"?

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Is it better to be specific with preferences in your profile or more general