Incorrect spelling - a turnoff : Swingers Discussion 212204101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesIncorrect spelling - a turnoff
TOPIC: Incorrect spelling - a turnoff
Created by: nymphosx2
Original Starting post for this thread:
Am I way too anal (not in the good way) that I hold incorrect spelling and typos against people? ! :O

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
I don't think anyone in this lifestyle is searching for playmates who also happen to be former spelling bee champions. The fact that you take the time to check spelling or make sure that you're using a word in the proper context is great. It shows that you care about how you present yourself, which is something enough people don't take seriously. And not just within this lifestyle but in all aspects of life. Some people simply don't care.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Nympho, you are far from the only one around here who puts stock in spelling and grammar. I'm far from a professional writer, but my line of work requires excellent communication skills, both written and oral (insert random cunning linguist joke here) so I definitely put stock in how well a profile is presented. A typo here or there is one thing, but no punctuation or "text talk" will almost certainly have us moving on to the next profile. To me, if you don't care about yourself enough to at least try and communicate clearly then you're either not taking this thing very seriously or you have fairly low standards about how you present yourself to the rest of the world. Either way, that's almost certainly a deal breaker for us.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
LOL @ nymphosx2! Great minds think alike - again!

We were recently invited to join a local group where the owner has a very tough time spelling things correctly. "Are" for "our" is his most frequent error. At some point we will go to the party he hosts, knowing that good spelling, grammar and punctuation aren't everything, and see whether there is an interesting character behind the poor text. If we were invited to meet him separately, I doubt that we'd go.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8836 posts)
Oh and love your profile pic Scandle- reminds me of someone's... :P

Oakley CA
Username hidden
(9 posts)
Wooohooo glad I'm not the only one!! :)

I forgive a few typos but tend to get annoyed with impropper spelling- esp of there, your, and I even saw a couple spell know as "no"!!! WTF?!

Oakley CA
Username hidden
(9 posts)
I feel the same way. It is understandable that auto-correct programs can interfere with spelling, but personal editing to work around it can and should be done. A few mistakes I can overlook, but if there are more than that then my interest wanes. I also get annoyed at punctuation errors, but given how rampant they are in "real" life, have learned to ignore them, too - but not without cringing!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8836 posts)
Not at all. We are the same way. If an email or profile is chock full of typos or sloppy sentences it can make one think the person is either lazy or an idiot.

We envision the person talking the way he types, so clarity is a good thing.

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1162 posts)
Am I way too anal (not in the good way) that I hold incorrect spelling and typos against people? ! :O

Oakley CA
Username hidden
(9 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Incorrect spelling - a turnoff