Friendly Advice Turns to Outrage : Swingers Discussion 68500
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesFriendly Advice Turns to Outrage
TOPIC: Friendly Advice Turns to Outrage
Created by: swingincplinga The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
See dzzy, that is good to know. Your insight could be correct....rofl.

I agree that intellect is attractive. The thing about spelling and correct word usage is that these are things that you may never know about a person unless you have written communication with them. When you are speaking with a person, you have no idea if they know the correct usage of there/their/they're or no/know. I agree that I find these simple mistakes annoying in profiles.

My point? By automatically eliminating these profiles you may be eliminating an otherwise very intelligent person that you may have found very appealing in a social, non-written setting. Just a thought.

Lake Wylie SC
Username hidden
(610 posts)
maybe the OP didnt understand that when they couple wrote "intercoarse" that they were saying that were into.....

ROUGH SEX!! haha

sorry about that, just had to :-)

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(5326 posts)
And I absolutely adore typos when chatting, even and sometimes especially my own! I type horribly when turned on too, so that can get quite funny.

It's the Freudian slip sort of thing.

My husband is highly intelligent (more so than I am on a bigger variety of topics) yet spelling is definitely not his area of expertise...and he always says, "Thank you, Bill Gates."

I don't go around correcting his love notes to me either, are you kidding??? :)

And that's all I'll say about spelling now and forever (unless asked to proof a profile...hehehehe).

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
I never use Spellcheck (she said, snobbily), but I know I misspell here and there (well, no, I always do use the correct forms of the words "here and there" and their homonymns, hear and they're/their).

Ahhh...go to bed, Gina.

If I asked for advice, then yes, I would need to be able to take any criticism or help to fix things. And if asked for advice by someone else, then yes, I do help as specifically as I can without damaging anyone's feelings, and making an effort to encourage, not so much criticize. People are sensitive. It's too bad they come across as angry right from the start, but that can't be helped in an email to them. Angry people are most often also defensive people.

Steer clear and help those who ask. If you see mistakes in my postings or profile, then by all means, kindly correct them! :)

Gina.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
If you wrote us just to criticize our profile we would have emailed you back too, not so nicely, and then blocked you.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Most people are on different levels of intelligence....doesnt make them any better or worst than the next...Advice and correcting spelling to another person(s) profile is not cool at all and your opinions should be kept under wraps... that way no ones feeling get hurt.

Madison MS
Username hidden
(9 posts)
I cant stand when I get an e-mail and its all such a mess of utter jumbled up shorthand. Even though I don't always check with the spell checker some of the most irritating ones are the common words that are spelled so badly I feel if we did meet them, I damn sure couldn't understand a word they were saying, if that is how they talk I would get tired of trying to figure out what they were saying and this is suppose to be a fun adventure not work, so I usually send a reply ...Thanks for the interest we doubt after reading your profile that we would be compatible. Thanks again! I did at first try to give a helping hand to a few that were new and suggested that they dont use all caps and I usually got a rude reply so stopped,, now when I see them I just say screw it let them be rude to others or let someone that they contact be rude about it,,. too much bullshit when you were just trying to be nice. ~swt~

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2197 posts)
"Intelligence is attractive! I think people need to realize that they are selling themselves short when they cannot make a basic effort. "

I wholeheartedly agree with those sentiments.

-s

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
We eliminate at least 40% of our contacts based on spelling and language before we even have to look at pics or details. Intelligence is attractive! I think people need to realize that they are selling themselves short when they cannot make a basic effort.

Ft Wright KY
Username hidden
(107 posts)
Jewl said it best, I only help with peoples profile when asked too or if I know them I will let them know if anything is needed to help them get the best out of their profiles

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(9 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Friendly Advice Turns to Outrage