Does our profile do us justice : Swingers Discussion 224250
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesDoes our profile do us justice
TOPIC: Does our profile do us justice
Created by: ShoreFeelsGood
Original Starting post for this thread:
We are new to the site and the scene, but it seems like our profile isn't representing us that well because we almost never get mail from anyone, or responses to our own messages sent to couples. We aren't taking it personally because, at the last couple of events we've attended, people seemed to respond very positively to us and we made some great friends.

So I know we're a really good couple. Our profile and stats are honest, unlike a bunch of others we discovered. So what can we do to improve it? Any guidance would be appreciated.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
That's a good point, SeekingFun. Thanks for the input. I suppose we're kind of taking the sex part as a given when writing the profile, because why would we be on a swingers site if we didn't want sex? But maybe we should spell out that the both of us are definitely looking to get some. :)

We'll work on that. Thanks again.

Highlands NJ
Username hidden
(24 posts)
Hey ShoreFeelsGood,

We are new here, so take our advice with a grain of salt. Just read your profile and have to say it is very well written (a pet peeve of ours when it isn't) - so that certainly isn't the problem. Your pics show an attractive and happy couple, also a plus. The only thing which potentially stood out for me was in describing what you are both looking for.....the way you described your interests may come across as a little "tame" compared to what other couples want? Or that there was a lot of emphasis on the friendly, out-in-public socializing aspect of being with another couple and less emphasis on the sex.....I could be reading it wrong. In other words - your luck may be a factor of your geography that other couples in your area are looking for different things and value the socializing aspect of it less? That's all I can guess. Good luck though!

Saratoga Springs NY
Username hidden
(33 posts)
@ shorefeelsgood I read the word stat's as meaning certs, but after reading your last post. I will agree with you that a lot of folks fudge their weight and age stat's. Either way you represent yourselves just fine IMO. At best I am giving you advice as a 10 LS veteran having been there done that. At worst I am giving bad advice unintentional that needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Current, being within the last 6 months are the best Pic's to converse with folks when using email.

You should try participating in some of the other active threads to get more input.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3897 posts)
Thanks for the responses so far. Just to clarify:

Fingerfux said: "I think your profile reads find. If I had a suggestion it would be to loss the word "stats" as a word used in the LS. "

When I mentioned "stats," I was referring to age and weight. Having recently attended a couple of parties, it seemed to us that people are claiming to be significantly younger and thinner than they are in real life. If anything our profile leans in the opposite direction because our photos are from all different times and my wife and I have each lost 20 pounds over the last year or so.

Highlands NJ
Username hidden
(24 posts)
"we almost never get mail from anyone, or responses to our own messages sent to couples."

I don't think that's an issue with your profile. I think that's fairly common thing unless your photos are of full frontal nudity and "action." And in that case, you may get lots of replies, but not ones that are useful to you.

It's also worth saying that some members here prefer to meet at clubs and house parties, and they don't really meet people by exchanging messages based on profiles.

For the rest of us, there's a tradeoff. If you write a lot of mail to people whom you find interesting, you may often get ignored or rejected. If you restrict your mail only to people who clearly meet your criteria, you may miss some who are interesting and fun. So with that in mind, here are some guidelines that will reduce your rejections, but also your chances of meeting some people you may really like.

1) Don't write to anyone who is a free member and has been on SLS for more than 3 months.

2) Don't write to anyone whose profile only contains the same two sentences they put in the profile when they joined in 2006.

3) Don't write to anyone who hasn't been on SLS in three weeks.

4) Don't write to anyone whose criteria for age and appearance you don't fit.

5) Don't write to people who are more than an hour's drive away from you.

6) Don't write to couples who want you to help convince one of the spouses (usually the wife) to swing.

7) Don't write to couples who really want to play at a different level than you do (tame, moderate, wild) unless you're willing to play with them at the level they want.

8) DO write people whose intelligent posts on the forums you agree with. While you may not end up meeting and playing with them, you may have interesting and worthwhile exchanges.

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(271 posts)
**C&P** Our profile and stats are honest.

I think your profile reads find. If I had a suggestion it would be to loss the word "stats" as a word used in the LS.

In time everything works for those willing to put forth the effort. Relax about email and stay the course doing the meet and greet route to meeting people.

Good Luck Mr.FF

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3897 posts)
We are new to the site and the scene, but it seems like our profile isn't representing us that well because we almost never get mail from anyone, or responses to our own messages sent to couples. We aren't taking it personally because, at the last couple of events we've attended, people seemed to respond very positively to us and we made some great friends.

So I know we're a really good couple. Our profile and stats are honest, unlike a bunch of others we discovered. So what can we do to improve it? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Highlands NJ
Username hidden
(24 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Does our profile do us justice