Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Successful Swinging Better Profiles Disclosing Tattoos and Piercings in Profiles
TOPIC: Disclosing Tattoos and Piercings in Profiles
Created by: bridgetender
Original Starting post for this thread:
Wondering what the thoughts are on disclosing these in your profile?

Is the expectation that one should be upfront about this, or is it ok to wait until some email exchanges have taken place to share this information?

Just curious as to what the masses say...Not that I'm a follow-the-crowd kinda guy...

Thanks!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
I dont think they are much of an issue. Could go either way on that.

Now if you have something like a PA or genital piercings I WOULD disclose that. Or any piercings that dont show in your pics.

Some people find it a turn on, and others "like us" a major turn off.

Regular tattoos, most people have them nowadays. Can just mention you have them. Probably not a deal killer for most.

Now....A swastika on your chest......That you would probably need to mention.....

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
Jgatz, That's essentially what I do now. This city is too small to have photos posted of tatts...which makes face photos even a bit hairy. I also figure that with my piercings, I can remove them in advance if so desired. When people think tatts and/or piercings, I don't fit the profile of someone who would have them...It's a generalization, but I'm clean cut and look like a young, 48 y/o businessman.

Actually, the first time a met solo with a couple, not that long ago, I removed my PA, but not my other one, and she was so into playing with it when she found it, that she asked if I had ever had more. So, upon request, I re-accessorized.

By the by, just took a peek at your profile too, Jgatz....My best friend is in that area...I might just have to plan a visit one day... ;-)

Sherborn MA
Username hidden
(8987 posts)
We don't mention the tattoo's to protect our anonymity. When we decide to become active we will disclose via private pics if any man gets that far.

Harker Heights TX
Username hidden
(70 posts)
The reason we don't post visible tattoos has more to do with those in the vanilla world. Many would know us, but you can see them in our private folders, but you have to get that far.

Wellesley MA
Username hidden
(8 posts)
We've got one line in our profile that says "If tattoos and piercings offend you we should not be on your list of hopefuls." No one we've met from SLS has had a problem with our ink or piercings.

Dallas TX
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Thank you both for your thoughts. While my own art/adornments are relatively minimal, an upper back tatt and two piercings, they aren't anything that I choose to "put out there". This is probably due to the fact that I live most of my day in the vanilla business world. So, I prefer to let these be what we call down here, a little lagniappe. -That little something extra...when I play.

In looking at profiles, I definitely look for and avoid contacting those for whom tatts or piercings are a hard limit. Personally, even before I ever considered either, I had always found both tattoos and piercings to be very intriguing. I realize that not everyone is as open minded, and that's fine. To each their own.

Sherborn MA
Username hidden
(8987 posts)
I'd add - if you have an entire back tattoo, face, full sleeves, what have you, that you should disclose either verbally or, preferably, via pictures. As I'd assume if you have a full back, you're proud of it.

K and I love well done sleeves or some back tatts. If no picture showed these and it was unmentioned, it would be a bit of a shock to see first meeting. Why hide?

Conversely, if it's a little thing - ankle, hip, wrist, etc...seems you'd be going overboard to call it out.

If a couple doesn't want tatts or piercings of ANY sort, I'd expect them to put it in their own profile.

- J

Roswell GA
Username hidden
(105 posts)
I think it depends on how important they are to you and if you think of them as items that could attract the kind of people you want to meet. If you want to tell the SLS world about the work you have had done, then do so! At least one person (you) will be happy you did.

Do you perceive people who have tattoos and/or piercings in a certain way? Is the assumption that they will automatically be as wild, fun, playful, patriotic, etc., as you are? Some people are very turned on/attracted to people with tatts and piercings, while for others it would be a deal breaker. Mr. Scandle and I don't really care one way or the other, though tatts and extra piercings are not things we would choose for ourselves.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9279 posts)
Wondering what the thoughts are on disclosing these in your profile?

Is the expectation that one should be upfront about this, or is it ok to wait until some email exchanges have taken place to share this information?

Just curious as to what the masses say...Not that I'm a follow-the-crowd kinda guy...

Thanks!

Sherborn MA
Username hidden
(8987 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Disclosing Tattoos and Piercings in Profiles