Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Successful Swinging Better Profiles Bad pictures
TOPIC: Bad pictures
Created by: WannaTry808
Original Starting post for this thread:
What in the world do you say to people that send you a god-awful face picture of themselves?

Now...I know I'm pretty "picky" about what pictures of me and hubby we choose to post, but it seems like some people don't care and post *whatever*. Blurry pictures, too far away to see anything pictures, extremely unflattering pictures, 20+ year old pictures, etc. Hubby and I are definitely NOT models, but we try to present at least truthful and hopefully appealing pictures.

So...when someone sends you a picture like that, do you ask for another one? Do you say "no thank you, we're not interested"? Do you just not respond?

Thanks!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
Put me in the column of a big HELL YES based on the pics I CAN see.

Hint, Hint...

;^D

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12143 posts)
@MrsSav - Thank you! I like your standard response. Nice, but tells it like it is. I always feel bad when I have to write the "no thank you" email immediately following receiving their face pix, but I figure it's a waste of our and their time when we feel *nothing*.

But, hey! I know people have the same "hell no!" response when they see our pix, so....... :)

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(634 posts)
Mt standard response is "Although we appreciate your in we just don't feel a connection, we wish you happiness and success."

BAD face photos is the reason we are a stickler for face photos immediately, not much worse than investing time, thinking there is a connection only to see the photos and think "Oh God Hell NO" and have to write that dreaded email rejecting them based on how they look.

No Photos? No conversations ! I will politely "sometimes" point out we mentioned in our profile we expect to see them immediately but truth be told I am usually very disappointed with the ensuing forthcoming photos. I hate feeling bad and awkward!!!!

Mrs Sav

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
>So...when someone sends you a picture like that,

We sometimes offer to take some good photos.

We take our own photos and currently edit them with GIMP, a free open source program for Windows, Mac and Linux. Formerly we used another program.

See our photos as sample editing which is mainly cropping.

New York NY
Username hidden
(183 posts)
@Nic - I would have taken you for more of a "thong" man. :)

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(634 posts)
I would really rather I were stripping off your big girl panties but that is a conversation for another day.

;^D

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12143 posts)
@Fun and @Nic.... Thanks you guys! :) I know I'd never have that awful moment of "WTC??!?" when I'd open *your* face pix. :)

I think I just need to put on my "big girl panties" and send that uncomfortable email.

Aloha!

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(634 posts)
He'll be here all week folks...

To the OP, I am going to have to assume if that is what they sent to make a first impression, that might be the best they've got and asking for another pic isn't going to turn out well. Now you are going to feel REALLY bad about saying no. Imagine that email. "Your first pic left me wondering if I had any interest in meeting you, your second pic removed all doubt. Thanks!"

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12143 posts)
"What in the world do you say to people that send you a god-awful face picture of themselves?"

Hey, you were the one who asked me to open them in the first place.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
What in the world do you say to people that send you a god-awful face picture of themselves?

Now...I know I'm pretty "picky" about what pictures of me and hubby we choose to post, but it seems like some people don't care and post *whatever*. Blurry pictures, too far away to see anything pictures, extremely unflattering pictures, 20+ year old pictures, etc. Hubby and I are definitely NOT models, but we try to present at least truthful and hopefully appealing pictures.

So...when someone sends you a picture like that, do you ask for another one? Do you say "no thank you, we're not interested"? Do you just not respond?

Thanks!

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(634 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Bad pictures