Background in photos : Swingers Discussion 2044411051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesBackground in photos
TOPIC: Background in photos
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   51 to 60 of 61   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You make a great point! I need to review our pics. I admit they weren't taken specifically to post on SLS and maybe they should have been.

Plano TX
Username hidden
(21 posts)
"A picture is worth a thousand words" (Frederick Barnard) ------------------ "And a bad picture is worth ten thousand words" (ItsBeen20yrs)

LOL -

Welcome to the forums. I would think if you had a unicorn you'd keep her? Where did you move the broad to? (you moved abroad?) LOL I know, it's a stretch

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Louis Daguerre would roll over in his grave and might even cry out "Mon Dieu" if he could see what was wrought from his photo process. It seems that there is a functional disconnect between what is posted for SLS as a profile picture and what would be posted on Craigs List if one were selling their car. In some cases the car picture would be better suited for SLS than what gets posted on the Splash screen on SLS. The background reveals so much as to the nature of the couple etc. Mickey Mouse toys on the floor do take away from any erotic intent for sure. We do not purport to have the best pics yet we do consider them carefully before posting them to any gallery. It is really a process that has a "Marketing" fundament. If you want anyone to respond then consider the following: Packaging. IF you cannot look good in clothes then why would anyone want to unwrap the package? No, clothes on the bathroom floor, thrown over a chair, or hanging behind in a closet do not count. Interest. Anyone thought of what could be an interesting picture for the Splash screen? For those so inclined take a look at ours. What is Kandy doing?? Why is the body in such a pose? Does the picture convey a perceived or actual impression? Outdoor types? Indoor types? Happy types? etc.. Mystery. So where is the mystery in any shot? Why is it that so many people think that everything revealed is necessary? Photography as well as other graphic art is supposed to make one think and mystery does that in part. Presentation OK, so you have a good profile picture, (Hopefully with a reasonable enough screen name) and someone opens up the profile. If it does not support the picture in some way then what does one think would be the reaction?? It astounds us that many profiles look like they were typed by the same people who send us e-mails from Uganda saying we have 12 million in the bank that they are more than willing to send to us. Goes back to packaging, if you think that we are challenged by someone who writes "Ur" instead of "You are" etc. then "No soup for you." So bottom line is that even if the photography is good it can easily be overlooked by a poorly written profile. (Spell check is free)

If you are willing to spend the hours to get to know someone, host or be hosted, party hardy and so on then it is worth the few extra minutes to take some tasteful (Erotic if you so choose) pictures to capture the minds of the viewers

"A picture is worth a thousand words" (Frederick Barnard)

North Kingstown RI
Username hidden
(18 posts)
I totally agree. How many times has a great picture caught my eye only to see a messy bathroom counter in the background...or worse yet...a toilet?!!! Yuck. The judicious use of cropping cannot be over-emphasized! LOL

Hey BRC....I kinda like your "scowl". :) And your cool haircut. I'm a sucker for a guy with a nice, tight haircut.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
As a person who loves taking photos and enjoys composition of photos I am admittedly a huge critic of photos. Use flattering photos ! I can always tell who uploaded the photos and from that determine if the female half is full engaged in the lifestyle venture. Some photos simply SCREAM she has no clue you've posted her photos. Women are somewhat vain creatures and we all have our "bad side" , we all take photos that are extremely unflattering no matter how good we may actually look and there are times when you KNOW no women in her right mind would allow "that" photo to be posted lol. I also judge backgrounds , are you a clutter freak? A slob? Do you live in a house filled with dollar store knick knacks? Is that stained carpet I see? Don't get me wrong I am not a neat freak per say but give some thought to what is around you before snapping photos. CROP CROP CROP if necessary . We want to see YOU not your bad habits. That being said if you happen to have a large pimple on your butt, razor stubble, a rash or ingrown hairs .....step back back BACK no one wants a close up . I can live with flaws, Lord knows I have many but an 8 x10 glossy of them isn't necessary.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
YES, I totally agree. Your photo represents your personality. Junk around you just screams "trashy." Then there is the shot of you in the bathroom with a cock over the toilet. Oh, that really turns me on..... NOT.

Bellevue TN
Username hidden
(34 posts)
If that photo you've posted is laughing I don't want to see you scowl lol.........If you chose to only put up one photo I'd suggest one where you don't look quite so fierce ....you're scaring me lol

Handsome but you look terribly angry.

Just a suggestion but I do agree with your post.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. But sometimes it does make me laugh.

Harker Heights TX
Username hidden
(4 posts)
I agree, too. We've never submitted a photo like you mentioned, but one time someone asked me about a decorative item hanging in the background of a picture. It was then that I realized there are those who really do pay attention to that kind of stuff!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9061 posts)
Mrs. Here- I agree! People who don't pay attention to details such as what else is in the picture or don't know how to use spell check/proper grammar drive me nuts! You would think people would want to put their best foot forward!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(41 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   51 to 60 of 61   End
TOPIC: Background in photos