Advice - Comments Please : Swingers Discussion 201783101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesAdvice - Comments Please
TOPIC: Advice - Comments Please
Created by: weenjoyrlife
Original Starting post for this thread:
We're just dipping our toes into the lifestyle and have been on SLS for 6 months. Let us know what's right and what's wrong about our profile. Granted we are not young hotties, but response is dismal.

Other folks, do you REALLY get 10's or 100's of e-mails regularly? Really? Let's just say we have a lot lower count.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
Just bumping this post to get some reviews of our updated profile. We've made a lot of changes over the past month and are interested in any recommendations you may have.

Trinity FL
Username hidden
(21 posts)
Your revision is nicely done and has a very positive spin on it. I hope you enjoy all the attention you'll be getting now!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8896 posts)
And Scandle. Yep, too bad we're so far away.

Trinity FL
Username hidden
(21 posts)
Thanks for the input folks. I've twiddled a little with the profile.

More inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Trinity FL
Username hidden
(21 posts)
weenjoyrlife, welcome to the Forums! Your profile is well written overall and your public picture is great. However, I do have a few constructive things to say, since you asked! ;-)

The sentence about spending days and evenings getting to know people, eventually working up to play time sounds like potential playmates will have to invest A LOT of time with you before getting around to the physical stuff. If you are set on doing it that way, then continue, but our experience and observation of others looking for additional sex partners has been that the decision and action are done much more quickly. My husband and I typically meet people we're interested in for dinner and conversation, then set up a date to move things forward sometime in the future IF everyone is interested. Separating the dinner from the decision making allows for private discussion so we can agree to pursue or pass. This method has served us well.

You wrote "We used to be out in the area nightclub venues every week, but lately we've had trouble managing that." Take out that part of your history since it throws a negative light on you. People you meet here have no idea whether you've been out clubbing and generally don't care since they are interested in what you bring to the table right here and right now. Once you get to know them you can decide whether to talk about that, but it does not serve any good purpose to put it in your profile. Look for any other statements that put a negative slant on you, and rewrite them. You two have a lot to offer!

We are not in the group of people who get oodles of emails through this website. It could be a number of factors, including age and soft swap status, but we don't worry about it. Inviting others into the bedroom is just icing on a delicious cake, so to speak, and we simply don't need that much icing!

As someone else suggested, continue going to clubs and meet 'n greets. Check the events calendar for the area(s) where you want to play, including vacation locations if that's what you want. Stay true to the decisions you make together. Knowing you can trust each other is golden. Since you are so new to swinging, I suggest you stay together when you play so you're able to watch each other's backs, so to speak (and literally). Some people may try to pressure you into becoming a full swap couple or say that you aren't truly swingers if you don't agree to have intercourse with them. Ignore those folks as they are only interested in their own agenda, not in respecting your relationship with each other.

It's too bad we don't live closer to you, as I think we would all enjoy getting to know each other. Good luck, and have fun!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8896 posts)
We're just dipping our toes into the lifestyle and have been on SLS for 6 months. Let us know what's right and what's wrong about our profile. Granted we are not young hotties, but response is dismal.

Other folks, do you REALLY get 10's or 100's of e-mails regularly? Really? Let's just say we have a lot lower count.

Trinity FL
Username hidden
(21 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Advice - Comments Please