looking for info on D C's and hysterectomies : Swingers Discussion 456771011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen Talklooking for info on D C's and hysterectomies
TOPIC: looking for info on D C's and hysterectomies
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 14 of 14 
User Details are only visible to members.
Well Lora, when you were responding to me, I was back to you. The hydroablation should be done, then the D&C, both at the same time. I had my tubes tied at 24 as I was sure I was done having children even at that early age. Hysterectomies have come a long way as the healing process, but there are a lot of my friends who have had them and experienced major complications, mainly infections which increased their healing time by almost another 2-3 complete weeks. I personally couldn't be out of commission that long (not sexually, physically and mentally), as I would go nuts.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12072 posts)
Yes, Lora, think you will get a much better feedback here. In any event, I had the hydroablation performed almost 2 years ago, which is they use a laser to burn out the lining of your uterus. When my gyny performed that, she also did a D&C. I have not had a period since July 2003. This surgery does not work on all, and the percentages are: 15% of women will stop having a period completely; 70% will have a very light period for a few days each month; and 15% will have no change. I was very fortunate in that mine stopped completely and my gyny calls me her poster child. With any problems I have in this area, I try to research all avenues, as I was the one insisting on the hysterectomy and my gyny said let's try this first. With this particular surgery you are only out of commission the day of the surgery and not to do anything heavy (like lifting something heavy) for 48 hours, and there is little pain associated with it, just cramping, and mine was severe due to the D&C that was also performed, but was well worth each and every ounce of pain. I wish you luck in any avenue you choose.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12072 posts)
Wild, To answer your post about the burning or lasering of the uterus lining, we did discuss that just today when I was in there with him. He mentioned it, then re-looked at my medical chart and decided the hysterectomy would be the best way for us to go. I was just teasing my gyno today because the only other male I know longer than him is my brother and male relatives. I started going to him when I was 13 because of problems with cysts. I didn't start having intercourse until I was 17, but was already on the pill at 13. Since I was on the pill for so long, and stopped it 4 years ago, it wouldn't be a very good idea for me to go back on them. I did have my tubes "blocked" after my last child almost 4 years ago and we discussed the hysterectomy then, but he wanted to see how things went after my tubes were blocked. Obviously, I'm still having some major issues and we both felt the issues would continue even after trying the burning the lining thing. I understand what people are saying that they hysterectomy is over used, but I know there are cases where this is actually neccessary. That is the case with me (without going into more detail than I already have).

I'm just nervous about the D & C coming back as malignent. It's just my luck. But doc and I refused to discuss what that would do to me.

I will have some time after the D & C to actually make my decision, but if he's going to do the "burning" thing, he would prefer to do it at the same time as the D & C, if all goes well. I'm going to do alot of research in the next couple of weeks to see if I SHOULD try it. He's leaving the decision up to me, but gave me his opinion that it may not be worth it to try this way.

Thank you for helping open my eyes to things I will have to deal with if I do the hysterectomy. I love to get as much info on things as possible prior to making any decisions. And you guys are the best for info.

Lora

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
Hey everyone, I just came home for a gyno appointment. I went because I started spotting a week after my period, then it turned into full blown blood loss. This is the third time in six months that I dealt with spotting, but the first that it turned into life threatening blood loss. My gyno is setting me up for a D n C in a few weeks. If he finds no cancer cells, he's doing a hysterectomy in the summer. I'm looking for any advice or experiences with either of these procedures. Doc did mention that he can do a "lasar" (not sure if that's the proper term, but he said it's a water balloon that stops the uterus from collecting blood), but I've been asking him to do the hysterectomy for years, and figured this would be better in the long run for me. I'm curious as to if PMS still exists with a hysterectomy. If it doesn't, that procedure would be more worth my wild since, as some of you have seen, my PMS goes way out of porportion. Any advice or stories are more than appreciated.

Lora

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 14 of 14 
TOPIC: looking for info on D C's and hysterectomies