looking for info on D C's and hysterectomies : Swingers Discussion 45677
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen Talklooking for info on D C's and hysterectomies
TOPIC: looking for info on D C's and hysterectomies
Created by: wifefirsttime
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks for your advice guys. I've been down this road many times before. No hot baths, just relaxing room temp or cooler. Eases cramps, reduces bleeding. This I know. Keeping my feet elevated above my knees. Helps reduces bleeding for me also. Stretching, straining, lifting, sometimes sitting in certain positions, leads to a good "flow" of blood. So, I'm trying to avoid any of these as much as possible. Does kind of feel crappy that I feel this way a few days before doing a toy party. I'm sure I'll make it through it, with a smile on mine, and everyone else's face!!

Lora

Pittston Township PA

Username hidden
(1142 posts)
Thrill.... actually, I think I would be comfortable in any situation, but, I was referring to the kids who were used to alot of other kids being around. There are mostly older couples who live near us. Poor kids don't know what to do with themselves... I'm sure they'll be fine in time, but at the moment, they are ALL driving me insane!!!

Just as an update, I started "spotting" a few days ago. That turned into a "full fledge period" (for me anyway). Called doc, he asked how bad it was. I told him not really that bad, yet. He said as long as I can handle it, just take things til the 28th as planned. If I start bleeding heavy, I'm to call him immediately and get on my way to the hospital. I've been trying to stay off my feet as much as possible, but that's hard enough with a 3 yr old running around, let alone a sister-in-law and nephews moving in next door. I wish I could do more than I do, but I know she understands.

Will let everyone know how things work out for me.

Lora

Pittston Township PA

Username hidden
(1142 posts)
I just wanted to say I appreciate everone's stories and opinions. My D&C is set for June 28, so I'll see what happens then before I make any drastic decisions. But I appreciate the support and thoughts that I've been given during a very long, and unpredictable time in my life. I even enjoy the craziness that moving my sister-in-law and 2 boys from the Philly area to next door to us (major culture shock). Makes me remember that I really don't have it that bad.

Lora

Pittston Township PA

Username hidden
(1142 posts)
I started having a 'skip' day in the middle of my period about 6 years before my hysterectomy. Then i started having 15 and 20 day long periods. YUCK! I was given an emergency D & C in July of '03 and a full hysterectomy in Sept. to remove a 9 lb. uterine cyst (fibroid...nothing serious). The hormone replacements have kept me from not only killing people but even from actually wanting to ....most of the time. You may check to see if they can do the laproscopic version (through your navel as an outpatient surgery) I had to do the full abdominal cut as I had had 2 previous C-sections. It wasn't bad and I REALLY ENJOY not doing the 'cycle' Yahoo! Good luck!

Lewisburg PA

Username hidden
(110 posts)
Nympho... thank you for your input. But, let me once again repeat that I've been seeing this doc since I'm 13. He knows all my medical history. He's seen me through some really rough times. He and I talked about a hysterectomy for a very long time. He just wanted to wait until he knew for sure I wouldn't want anymore children, then waited until my medical problems showed back up. Doc DID mention another procedure I could try. The burning of the uterus while doing the D & C. But, "I" chose not to go this route. I had to play russian rullette when it was found I had water on the brain. At the time, the only procedure available was to insert a shunt, but, there were 3 different types that the only way of knowing which will work is to put it in and see what happens. I ended up having 4 surgeries with major complications during the 3rd. With this kind of track record, I do not want to "try" anything. I just want it out and over with.

Lora

Pittston Township PA

Username hidden
(1142 posts)
I had an emergancy hysterectomy a little over 2 years ago. I had 2 days to get things in order at work for me to be out for 6-9 weeks, that was the hardest part of the whole thing. I had never been regular with my periods, I had been pregnant 8 times with only having my daughter live. All my pregancies went past 7 months except one which went into the 3rd month. My daughter I accually carried 10 months, and they stopped my labor with her 11 times including on my due date ( I made them stop that one the doctor on call was totally drunk, and no longer practicing ) had her a week later...she was NAVY BLUE and the doctor didnt want to try anything a nurse brought her back to life and to this day she is a good friend. I had been on the pill , tried norplant and neither worked...got pregnant on both and if I had 7-10 days a month when I wasn't bleeding it was a good month. Had many d & c's... nothing helped. I was in almost constant pain from the onset of my periods at age 12.... When I finally found a doctor willing to do more then prescribe meds and try differnt pills it was almost too late. I had an appointment at 8:10 in the morning for a regular check up , I was send for 2 ultra sounds an external and an internal I was sent for extensive blood work and an emergancy mamogram... and told to report to the hospital the following Monday( appt. was Fri ) to have surgery. They were able to do it laproscopy ( spelling is prob not correct sorry ) so I have no scars.... they kept one ovary which I may have to have out this month, but we found that it is not doing it's job, I have major pain from it.... anyway and I have been dealing with menopause ever since.....

All weekend I read everything I could get my hands on and for a few days after my surgery I sat on pins and needles waiting to hear if it was cancours or not.... I now have to have 2 mamograms a year and I have had 3 ultra sounds since my surgery ... all in the area my " baby maker" was ( thats what the kids call it lol ) ....

My advice it get as much info as you can, get a second opinion if you have time, and most of all do not laugh the day after surgery it hurts like he** ....my sex drive was great for the first few months after I got the ok to go ahead again, since I have been taking vitamins and I am working out it has started to come back....seriously email me if you would like I will be glad to chat with you ...

Good luck and please let us know how your doing :)

~ Trish

Myerstown PA

Username hidden
(4985 posts)
Please enlighten us with the info on this drug. I have been experiencing a lack of sex drive every now and then as I am beginning menopause and would love to know the side effects or downfalls of this drug. Where is Mischief when you need her?

Johnstown PA

Username hidden
(12035 posts)
Lora:

I for one understand the bleeding. I was pre-menopausal beginning at 37 and still having major blood loss. It was impossible to work on my periods as I was changing my depends (not kidding) every half hours, and always brought two changes of clothes no matter how much I changed, I still would come through. I became very anemic as well and would have to do iron infusions 2-3 times per year, so I do understand. I am so glad I opted for the ablation first and it worked. You must do what you feel is best for yourself though.

Jan

Johnstown PA

Username hidden
(12035 posts)
Lora, I can probably relate to some of the things you are going through. I also suffered for many years with the 'breakthrough' bleeding. Hell, it got to the point that I felt like I was at the least, spotting every week. I had all 3 of my children through cesarean, the last one in '89. I had complications with all of them, so I had my tubes cut and tied with the last one. Shortly after he started school, things changed. Cramps became worse, as well as bloating and my periods started becoming irregular. They tried putting me on the pill which didn't help. Things gradually got worse, I became prone to UTIs and yeast infections. A few years ago the breakthroughs started. They called them breakthroughs because it was spotting in between my periods. They got worse, I was having a period every couple of weeks... usually light, but lasting a week to 10 days. We even tried the Depro shots. Finally about a year and a half ago I saw a new gynecologist and simply told him that I couldn't stand it anymore, this was no way to live. I was so miserable. He agreed and we talked about options. He felt that I had endometriosis, probably caused by scarring from childbirth. We talked about the laser option too, but he didn't think it would be a good option for me either. I had a hysterectomy in February. of last year and have never regretted it. I feel so much better. If you have any questions or if there's anything I can help with, feel free to e-mail me. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide, Yur

Frederick MD

Username hidden
(166 posts)
Hell Wild.... I've had 4 major surgeries done on my head, with 1 ending up with me having a stroke. I was only out of commission from that for a month, but I still have some weakness. I shocked all the medical staff by my "speady recovery". So, I am actually used to, if anyone can ever be used to, being out of commission for a while. My only concern will be I am usually alone with my 3 year old. Would even be hard to find help for a day or 2 after the D & C, but I'm sure I'll manage something. I would also think I was pre-menopausal if I didn't have this type of bleeding for most of my life. That's why I was on the pill so much. That's why I feel the burning thing won't work for me. The bleeding has been too much for too long. But, I honesty appreciate all you have given me to think about.

Lora

Pittston Township PA

Username hidden
(1142 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: looking for info on D C's and hysterectomies