laser hair removal : Swingers Discussion 150716
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen Talklaser hair removal
TOPIC: laser hair removal
Created by: SexusNTexas
Original Starting post for this thread:
Have 1st consultation tomorrow morning with a laser hair removal person. Has anyone else had this done? What can I expect? I am going for my face.

Thanks, Gina

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 1 to 10 of 78   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Has anyone here tried any at home laser devices such as Tria? If so did it work?

New York NY
Username hidden
(486 posts)
Bump

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
Had to cancel my appointment for today, but this also brought up questions:

How permanent is this? I've been going for nearly a year now, and till have issues with returning (or unremoved?) hair on upper lip and chin. I know it's party b/c I'm Italian. But, I also don't want to have to deal with this all my life either.

Anyone with experience of having the treatments done longer ago than a year or so? Does it come back? Are you happy with the results? So far, it's been fine. But still...how are the longer term results?

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
There are a couple of laser hair forums online that have good information on the procedures, costs, and on centers too. I am having mine done where it's one price for the entire treatment. I don't worry about how many sessions I'll have, because it's all included and I can go back for touchups for free.

Get your underarms done too! It's so nice to have smooth skin and no irritation under my arms.

Shaving before the treatment helps cut down that singed hair smell plus it helps the laser travel more to the root of the hair.

The first treatments are not bad, but with each treatment they increase the power and it starts to hurting. I've been using the cream they prescribe, it's like EMLA but a different formulation (I think it's stronger), and it helps a LOT. I also take one of my LorTabs that I have left over from my ankle sprain.

I'm at the point now where they took BEFORE pictures. Next time I go, I won't shave at all and we'll compare the results with the pictures and make plans from there. I'm super happy with my lower legs and underarms. My chin and upper legs still have hair growth, which is strange. I think it's because those hairs are finer than my coarse leg and armpit hairs.

I did ask about doing a brazilian too. I'm still not sure though.... money is tight right now, but I'm also a bit shy about it. I've never had my privates waxed or anything. I keep thinking it will be like a gyn appointment, but .... nope that just doesn't work. I am almost positive I'll get a bikini line treatment done when my pocketbook is doing better. I hate shaving and nicking myself down there. I get ingrown hairs terribly too, so that isn't pretty either.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(99 posts)
Hey, can anyone give me a recommendation of a laser place in the Phila, central/south Jersey area? My friend wants to have a Brazilian laser treatment, everything gone, and my place will not do that as it is a little more medically oriented. She has been researching online, but I told her I would ask. Thanks ladies. Maybe we should change this to the business heading and start out own shop!

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(4892 posts)
Lucky girl! And that is one super smoking hot picture too!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6736 posts)
I'm cheap lol. As long as a razor is $1 my ass is going to shave. I do not have issues with ingrown hair though, I have friends who are always fighting with them. I keep my razor in the shower and do it daily, it doesn't bother me. Right now though I do not shave nearly as often, the only one that sees those devils is my ass and I've accepted my white patch LOL. It makes Diva look more distinguished anyways heehee.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
I'm lucky that I haven't needed to do anything on my face, except that I get my eyebrows waxed about every 5 weeks. Definitely hate to shave in the bikini area though - the hair on my head and in the bikini area grows too damn fast! I'm too wimpy for waxing the bikini area I think, and based on a lot of the comments here, I would probably have to do it very frequently - yuk!

Thanks for all the info - made an appointment for a consultation today for the bikini area+, going next Thursday!

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6736 posts)
I agree Kat Thanks everyone :)

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
She, I am having my upper lip and chin done, and they told me to shave it only. The morning I come to treatments. Not fun, but ok. And to not pluck, wax, depilatory, etc.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 1 to 10 of 78   End
TOPIC: laser hair removal