Your favorite MAKE UP tip : Swingers Discussion 1961571032
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkYour favorite MAKE UP tip
TOPIC: Your favorite MAKE UP tip
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   32 to 41 of 107   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Yeah, girl...Monostat...but not their yeast product...their anti-chafing gel...works GREAT and the price is ridiculously cheaper than the trade-name marketed products for primer.

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(465 posts)
Monistat? As in yeast medicine?

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16521 posts)
WOW! I've picked up a few pointers now, and have a few of my own:

1st let me jump on the Prep H bandwagon, I've been using it for years, but let me add one thing: use CREAMY formula, it makes a difference in how shiny you look afterwards. Also, undereye treatments with caffeine are the bomb!

I've also heard painting on a thin thin thin layer of milk of magnesia and letting it dry will prevent sweating from wrecking makeup if you put it on first and layer everything else over it. Tried it once, but in 100+ degree heat it was hard to tell...

Also, instead of paying an arm and a leg for makeup or eyeshadow primer from Urban Decay, which is the "gold standard" of eyeshadow primers, instead you can get the Monostat anti-chafing creme (or even the drugstore or Walmart equivilent). It's WAY cheaper, you get TONS more of it, and it is exactly the same. NYX makes great eyeshadows and they have great staying power, too. (learned this from some drag queens)

I LOVE liquid eyeliner and have tattooed eyeliner for when I don't have time to spackle on a full face. They say an index card helps get a straight line when you're trying to do the 'wings'. I don't use the liquid that has a brush anymore. The ones I use are waterproof and they're in a little bottle and the lid has a little pointed sponge at the end like a felt tip marker. It dips into the liquid and you can paint it on.

Dry shampoo spray is great for giving hair a little more texure and helps when building a style. (not that I do anything with my ridiculously long hair)

I've used Proactiv before and my skin wasn't oily enough to justify using it all the time. I use Retin A (I love living on the border!) periodically, every evening for two weeks. It helps with the turn-over and new skin. I recently started using a rose hips oil in the mornings that I think is nice, and I love the scent.

Atlanta GA

Username hidden
(465 posts)
holly they sell oil absorbing pads that you can use, esp in the humidity. Humidity is the enemy of make up. Either that or maybe try a little bit of diluted alcohol, that will absorb the moisture.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23960 posts)
Lost (Shel) said she uses Preparation H to reduce the puffiness in her eyelids, so I thought (finally), why not use it on this bump? Gotta tell you, folks, that I got IMMEDIATE results! There's no pain, no redness, and the bump is reduced by at least half. I've no idea if it will go away completely, but with a dab twice a day it continues to shrink. Thank you, Shel!!!"

You are welcome sis, glad it works! It works great for puffiness under your eyes, esp. when you are tired or did not sleep well. Put a tiny amount under your eyes, then use concealer, you are on it!

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23960 posts)
Holly, do you wear a foundation everyday? if so, here is a trick that my sister recommended:

Use a makeup primer or makeup base under foundation. The silicone in the makeup primers should help hold your foundation in place and control the sweat a bit. Over that, you can try a powder foundation which does not slide off as easy as liquid foundation. For blush, use cheek stain instead of powder. Use waterproof mascara for your lashes. For eyeshadow, look for long lasting cream shadow.

Hope that it helps.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16521 posts)
This may draw more attention to you than you'd like, but using a fan (like the Spaniards do) I find to be really helpful. It collapses down to fit in my purse and is prettier than the folded paper I sometimes have to resort to using.

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
Any advice for sweaty face? When I get hot it seems the only place I sweat is my forehead! I carry napkins in glove compartment and tissues in my purse but it still can be embarrassing.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(4449 posts)
I just gave something a try that was suggested for puffy eyelids. As I've aged, every once in a while I get a small bump on my body that isn't a pimple, isn't cancer, and doesn't go away on its own. Currently there is one on my face that has been bugging me for months.

Lost (Shel) said she uses Preparation H to reduce the puffiness in her eyelids, so I thought (finally), why not use it on this bump? Gotta tell you, folks, that I got IMMEDIATE results! There's no pain, no redness, and the bump is reduced by at least half. I've no idea if it will go away completely, but with a dab twice a day it continues to shrink. Thank you, Shel!!!

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
In the summer, don't forget setting spray. I love my Loreal foundation. I have tried Sephora, Cargo and Ulta foundations, it is my fave of them all. But I prefer a matte look in foundation. I have started doing my eyes softer lately with a reddish cream, a pearl top to the eyebrow and black powder shadow to above the brow.

San Marcos TX

Username hidden
(23960 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Start   32 to 41 of 107   End
TOPIC: Your favorite MAKE UP tip