Yeast infection : Swingers Discussion 44261
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkYeast infection
TOPIC: Yeast infection
Created by: PolyGrl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hello southbay!

Would you happen to know of a holistic way of keeping the UTIs at bay?

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
You might be allergic to the coloring, or other ingredients in the medicine. Don't assume it's just the drug.

Look at the list of ingredients. Dye is a common problem. Perservatives are another bad boy.

It might help you zero in on what the issue is.

There are a group of female patients who are allergic to EVERYTHING it seems. :(

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Oh yes, I know there are some good medications available for treatment of yeast/thrush.... but I am horribly allergic. I thought I was going to die when I took diflucan, luckily I didn't but I did spend a week with hives. It was horrible, ever have hives on your butt? :) Hives on my butt (and on everyother sqinch of my body), thrush on my nipples... boy, I was just the sexiest thing :) Erika

Mankato MN
Username hidden
(6 posts)
Lick, yes it is. mrs bt

Lancaster PA
Username hidden
(544 posts)
Nystatin or clotrimazole lozenges or liquid. Thrush is unusual in adults. The oral sex, yeast infection transfer doesn't happen too much. I see a hell of a lot more nystatin if that were the case.

;)

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Erica, I work for a pharmaceutical company in the lab. I know that thrush can be treated orally with nyastatin drops. mrs bt

Lancaster PA
Username hidden
(544 posts)
I have a strong tendency towards yeast overgrowth as well. I was on antibiotics long term (3 years straight) when I was a kid so that has set me up for even the slightest thing to send me into a YI. I have found tons of things that have helped rebalance my body during YI. I never, ever wear pantyhose or nylon panties... only cotton for this girl! At night, go without panties to let everything dry out nice. When I have a YI, I have to cut out sugar, dairy, cheese, mushrooms (or anyother fungus), and alcohol as these all feed the yeast or give me food sensitivity reactions. Eat lots of garlic!!! (onions too). I take acidopholus on a pretty regular basis as well. I was glad to see the garlic vaginal suppository mentioned. I think this is the coolest thing ever. I only learned about it a few months ago and it TOTALLY works! When I have a severe YI I put one clove in the morning and a fresh one at night until my YI is gone. Usually it takes me about 3-5 days. The garlic smell isn't bad, really you only notice if you really are sniffing for it. I was woried at first about getting the clove back out again, but it really isn't hard. When it is time to change it out, just bear down like you are going to the bathroom (or like you are giving birth... just this is much smaller than a kid's head!) and you can use a finger to hook it out. I just flush mine down the toilet... although if you are really considerned about the environment, you can always compost it afterwards :) Another tip to get rid of recurrent yeast is the laundry and treatment of it.... a few drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) can go a long, long ways! Yeast can stay alive in your clothes even through the wash!!!! GSE will kill it, so I put about 10 drops into each load of laundry to be sure that I don't reinfect myself when I put on a "clean" pair of panties. You can also boil your undies and bras (if you are nursing) to kill off any yeasties before throwing them into the regular wash. Can you tell we have dealt with yeast a lot? :) The worst was a 4month case of thrush while nursing.... took ages for me to finally kick it. So hard when yeast was going back and forth through my whole family because of laundry... so we ALL had it. We ate lots of garlic and we all smelled for a bit there :)

Mankato MN
Username hidden
(6 posts)
Mr Bt wants to know if these garlics are still edible afterward. mrs bt

Lancaster PA
Username hidden
(544 posts)
I LOVE garlic...

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Cpl...I just love it when you talk that way...

wink.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
TOPIC: Yeast infection