Why can't men handle rejection : Swingers Discussion 46408
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkWhy can't men handle rejection
TOPIC: Why can't men handle rejection
Created by: orleansfuncpl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
No Means No..To anyone who has experience in this Lifestyle..be it a couple,single men or single Ladies..I am single and when told..Sorry not compartable..I simply say..Thank you for your response..there is no need for any explanation...I Understand I may be too old for some or just not what they are looking for..so be it..we are all adults here..I never take it as an insult or a rejections..Different Strokes For Different Folks. As for sex..I've met with some be it a 3sum,1 on 1 sometimes sex just once or twice..Sometimes i don't hear from a few of them..But I send them a nice email telling them it was nice meeting you..Hope you enjoyed it..If I get no answer..I don't nag anyone with continuous emails.. others times we've decided that the friendship was worth more to us all then the sex.It's How one handles the rejections that makes a difference..but I know it's harder on men when rejected..Guess its the ego thats crushed or that macho thing..Okk Men..just my 2 cents..Lets not make this a war posting forum cuz you will have your hands full..LMAO J/k not what I wrote but about the war *kiss*

Newark NJ
Username hidden
(122 posts)
Oh, he's been blocked. Clicking that button never felt so good! :-)

Palmerton PA
Username hidden
(77 posts)
Sybil's brother - part 1

I exchanged e-mails with someone. Seemed nice enough. Monday night we moved to IM's. He went back and forth between nice and jerk mode. I remained calm. Told him his perception of what I typed was different than my meaning.

Johnny:  I WANT TO MEET YOU THIS WEEK Peggy:  I can meet Friday evening, but it can't be a late night. I have to work on Saturday. Johnny:  I'LL WAIT TILL YOU CAN FIT ME IN.  NEXT TIME IN AREA WITH YOUR SPECIAL FRIEND LET ME KNOW .  DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT WE CAN TALK ON HERE YOU SEEM TO HAVE A FAN CLUB THAT CAN ENTERTAIN YOU Peggy:  Why do you think I have a fan club? Johnny:  IF YOU HAVE ONE YOU HAVE OTHERES AM NOT A ROOKIE WITH WOMAN   MAY BE ON THIS  SITE.  I WILL GO BACK ON THE OTHER SITES AND MEET DON'T FEEL LIKE BEING TREATED LIKE AM A BAD PERSON BECAUSE AM SINGLE OR HOW BIG MY DICK IS ECT ECT. Peggy:  Well, even if you do leave this site, I hope that you would still want to stay in contact with me. Johnny:  WHY Peggy:  Why not?   : ) Johnny:  DISTANCE  DON'T SEE YOU MAKING ANY MOVES JUST TALK AND WHAT IS CONVINCE FOR YOU.  DO I LOOK LIKE A MAN THAT CAN'T GET IT.  PLEASE LOOK AT MY PICTURES I WILL MATCH MY SHIT UP WITH ANY MAN MY AGE AND WIN EVERY TIME Peggy:  Excuse me?  The reason Friday works for me is because I don't get home from work til 8:00 most nights and not til 9:30 on Thursday nights. Peggy:  I happen to be off on Fridays, which is why I suggested Friday evening. Peggy:  I work 4-day weeks, 10-hour days. Peggy:  I'm not sure why you are taking that attitude with me. Johnny:  BECAUSE YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE JUST ANOTHER FUCK.   IT WILL HAVE TO BE QUICK BECAUSE I HAVE TO WORK THE NEXT DAY.  NO ATTUIDE IF I WAS DEPRIVED AND NEEDED IT I WOULD BE THERE IN A SECOUND I WANT TO HAVE A NICE EXPERIENCE NOT A RUSH JOB Peggy:  That's your perception, but certainly not my intent.  I was just telling you that I do have to work on Satuday (work one out of every four), so while I can go out on Friday evening, I do have to get up for work on Saturday morning. Peggy:  You completely misinterpreted what I was saying. Johnny:  I THINK YOU ARE NICE RELAX

We eventually moved to phone, where I didn't mince words that he was acting like a jerk. He agreed and apologized. I probably should have acknowledged the red flag waving in my face, but I tried to give him the benefit of a doubt. Made plans to meet on Friday.

Palmerton PA
Username hidden
(77 posts)
Sybil's brother - part 2

Tuesday, spoke briefly on the phone.

Wednesday, didn't get home til 8:45, showered, made dinner, was late til I signed on. Found this.

2005-07-20 21:56:00 I GUESS THE SIZZLE WHEN DEAD WOW ITS QUIET.   Felt like I was again getting grief. Told him not to make assumptions. Had a bitch of a day at work, got home late, didn't get online til even later. There is more going on in my life than signing onto SLS.

Thursday morning, signed on for just a minute before running out the door for work. I didn't actually open my mail. Just saw the content by using the 'display details' feature.

2005-07-20 23:17:00     OKAY LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IF YOU ARE COMING OVER FRIDAY. HOPE EVERYTHING GOES GOOD FOR YOU AND FAMILY. JOHNNY  

Thought I could answer it after work when I'd have time to type a real response, not just a one-liner that could possibly be construed as a flippant, too-quick reply. Signed on Thursday night to find more mail giving me grief.   2005-07-21 15:08:00     ARE WE ON FOR TOMARROW. I ASKED YOU IN A E-MAIL AND GOT NO ANSWER I SEE YOU WERE ON TODAY IF NOT INTERESTED ANYMORE BE A WOMAN AND LET ME KNOW. JOHNNY    

At that point, I was done. Took grief three days out of four. This is supposed to be fun, not a situation of worrying if I'm jumping fast enough, or high enough, to suit someone I've not yet even met. So I decided to "be a woman" and let him know that, because of the attitude in the e-mails he was sending, I was no longer interested.

2005-07-21 22:29:00     ITS ASHAME I WANTED TO MEET YOU   

Agreed that it is a shame, but he has only himself to blame.

2005-07-22 00:16:00     I REPLACE YOU HOURS AGO YOU ASSHOLE THE GIRL AM MEETING WOULD LOVE TO LAUGH AT THE FAT ASS BODY OF YOURS. BYE LOSER BOTHER ME AGAIN I WILL HAVE HER TALK TO YOU.   

Absolutely laughable. He claims to be a "real man", yet hides behind a woman's skirt... "I will have her talk to you". He also claims to be a therapist who works with many types of mental disorders. I think he meant to write in his profile that he is seeing a therapist to help him deal with his mental disorders.

Palmerton PA
Username hidden
(77 posts)
I think it's the attachment men have to their penis. They really seem to identify it as this significant other entity. They often name it, love to touch it frequently aside from masturbation, are intrugued with it at a very young age, etc. Perhaps it is the gender difference of internal vs. external genitalia. I often tease Bacchus that he thinks his penis is his "magic wand".

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
hmmm, men can't handle rejection???

don't know bout you guys, but that is pretty much an hourly event. You extend the invitation through a note, and 9 out of 10 times, you get something that states, you really aren't what we/I am looking for.

Maybe as one of the earlier posts stated, you really are teasing them when you make it as "easy" as possible.

another way of putting this.

No means NO, but maybe is a whole nuther definition.

It may be your no isn't early enough, forceful enough, or just is interpretted as Maybe, or maybe later, or or or.

Only you and the men you have rejected have to ability to sort that out.

but why can't men handle rejection,

darlin, I have yet to meet a woman that recieves as many rejections in a year as the average guy gets in a single day.

Bell City LA
Username hidden
(5 posts)
"But the sex turned out to be awful!!!!!!! Capital A!!!!"

That's a no brainer. Sex one time and never again.

No, No thanks...our styles don't match.= awful lay.

What does it mean if they stay around for YEARS.. ROTFLMAO

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Jack:

We are talking about swinging. Saying no to swinging not ending a relationship. No means no in swinging. I won't give you more than that. Nothing positive can come from telling someone why you don't want to have sex with them.

No could be for a 1000 reasons. Maybe I'm too fat, old, breasts are too small, hair too short. He could be tired, done for the night, having herpes outbreak. You name it. I don't need a reason. No is plenty.

Mischief<--appreciates a direct no.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
It's couples, women, and men. Women don't expect to be turned down. I say the word NO. No thanks. I do not give more than no. When asked, I have said, No means no. That's my explanation. No flirty face here.

I will sometimes say. No but we can be friends. IF I LIKE them. I have gotten some good friends that way.

When I have been told no. I have asked if they still want to talk. I was enjoying their company. They said no to sex. Was the no to talking also?

No one wants to hear no. It WILL happen. I don't hang my self worth on the yes or no of a relative stranger. That's way too much power to give away.

Smiles.

Mischief<---gotten more than a couple no's.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Emails: don't give a reason if someone asks. No matter what. Just say "I don't think we are compatible." If they ask for a reason, don't give one. If they pester you, block them.

In a club/bar/etc. say no, and if the guy pesters you, don't give a reason. Talk to whoever is in charge and tell them the guy is bothering you.

Be careful that you aren't giving mixed messages. Are you afraid to hurt the guy's feelings so you still act kind of cute or flirty to try to let him down easy? Do you secretly enjoy the attention? Don't send mixed messages. Watch your body language next time; be sure it's not inviting. Cross your arms over your chest. Don't touch him on the arm or anything when you talk. Avoid eye contact. Be polite, of course, but be direct and honest. He will get the message! --Jen

Reading PA
Username hidden
(384 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Why can't men handle rejection