What do you girls think : Swingers Discussion 208621
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkWhat do you girls think
TOPIC: What do you girls think
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
Watching my trash tv, an interesting question came up. There is a stigma that goes with exotic dancers. I do not have one because I know that most exotic dancers are ladies trying to pay the bills....and many are college students paying tuition. I'd rather have a girl dance and work than go on welfare. But that is just my personal opinion.

Would you feel less of your daughter/daughter in law if she decided to be an exotic dancer? If you found out that your son were dating an exotic dancer...would that make you feel less of her?

and

Would you think less of a friend if you found out she had been an exotic dancer?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 29   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Agree!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16874 posts)
Good deal. I think in the course of reading through several of the exchanges, I misread something, then. I'm usually one to try to clear the air as soon as I realize there's a potential issue or misunderstanding. I think it's a hella lot healthier than bottling it up and letting it stew.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(465 posts)
Secret,

Have you not read my exchange with Nic? I thought I made it very very clear whom my *shame* post was directed at.

I am straight to a fault, if I have something that I'm curious about, or want to clarify, I go to the source. I don't mince words, I don't take turns, I'm a straight line kind of a person :).

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16874 posts)
Sed, I'm not certain you were accusing me of trying to shame anyone into my point of view or not. Because I have this uncertainty, I wanted to take a moment to assure you that was not my objective at all, and I hope you did not see it as such. While I do *try* to be tactful, I have on numerous occasions been accused of being too honest for my own good....and I have also seen some unfortunate blow-ups happen over misundertandings. I REALLY hope this has not been the case, as from reading your posts on here, I have really developed a liking to you and have an appreciation for what you generally have to say. That being said, allow me to assure you that more dancers than you realize make more from her brains than her form, contrary to popular misconception....of course I also concede it has been just over 10 yrs since I have held that vocation. Honestly, though, clown for 6 years, exotic dancer 6 yrs, highly skilled medical professional for almost ten.....and I don't see myself as any different person throughout any of these stages, and I guess that was the main thought I had behind my initial post.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(465 posts)
" If you found out that your son were dating an exotic dancer...would that make you feel less of her? "

No, I'd assume she must be pretty OK.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I've always had a pretty diverse group of friends, several over time being "dancers." Although a couple I knew were trashy, skanky types that slept around and took drugs, the majority that I hung with were clean and respectable. If I were to find out that one of my kids became a topless dancer, or dated one, it would be weird. Not going to lie about that. But, if she were to maintain her self respect, drug and promiscuity-wise, and just use the job as a way to make a living while continuing pursuing a longer lasting career, I think that I could come to terms with it. If my son were to date/marry a dancer, I'd say the same basic ideas would apply to his relationship.

Redford MI
Username hidden
(303 posts)
Ditto M. I always speak my mind and laugh when others try to tell me why I said what I did. I own my comments, like them or not, agree or not they are mine and if my opinion causes you to rethink your position, fine. If not, so what. Words on a screen, nothing more.

Unlike some here, I do not look at who wrote the post before deciding if I agree or not.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12058 posts)
It's not the point Nic, that you don't give a damn.

I didn't say that to imply that you do. I pointed out the way I am. I will never allow another to tell me how to think or speak. I say what's on my mind right to the person's face. Obviously many can't handle it.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16874 posts)
Interesting observation but I disagree. The comments made about strippers implied they were less respectable because of their choices. My reply simply called out the hypocrisy of making those type of judgments. I do judge people, as individuals. Not all lawyers are crooks, not all politicians are on the take, not all strippers are crack whores. My comments were simply to give an opposing opinion, not shame anyone into my way of thinking.

As for what gets said in public or behind my back? I've been around long enough to know who says what and you know me well enough to know I don't give a shit.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12058 posts)
Shame was directed at you :). Because that is what you tried to do with your original line and proceeded to so with the rest of your posts.

At no point have I tried to shame anyone, the OP asked a question, I answered exactly how I feel/think about it. I'm not the fake bamboorinas from the forums who play nice in public then rip you up in private. I say what's on my mind, you know this better than most around here.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16874 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 29   End
TOPIC: What do you girls think