Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Women Talk That Scary Second Mammogram
TOPIC: That Scary Second Mammogram
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 35   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank you, KnB. You're absolutely right, cancer is a BITCH! I've had too many women in my family die from breast cancer, & had a tumor (benign, thank God!) removed when I was 18. Monthly exams & yearly mammograms are a way of life for me. A dear friend of mine is a breast cancer survivor (yay!) & is also a friend to my newly diagnosed friend. Thankfully, she has a strong support system, although the road is going to be long & bumpy.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
NiN, I hope the best for her. 2 1/2 yrs ago, two of my coworkers were diagnosed within a week or so of each other. They went through treatment at the same time. One is now in remission (yay!) and the other is now terminal due to metastasis and had to essentially 'retire' from work to manage her illness. About six months after that, a gf of mine had her first mammogram on her 40th b-day and was diagnosed. She's still in remission (yay!) Cancer is a BITCH!

I encourage everyone to do their monthy self breast exams--early detection saves lives!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10727 posts)
Mammogram FB.....a friend & coworker of mine was diagnosed recently with breast cancer. She'll undergo a double mastectomy next week. :( My HT to her was that all will go well, & she'll get an awesome new pair of boobs!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
Gina, sounds like no news is good news (for now!) Good to hear its not something bad!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Mrs. Sexus, do you by any chance have what they call dense breast tissue? If so, it's harder to get a clear look via mammogram, or sometimes it's a matter of timing. (It's better soon AFTER your menses, so hormones don't casue any swollen "false alarms")

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10727 posts)
Update: thanks for all the good wishes. They are going to keep "a check on it," whatever that means, and I go back again in 6 months. So "something" is there to cause a bit of concern, but nothing serious. Thanks.

I'll post the new topic in the Open one.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7532 posts)
G,

I just had my second mammogram ever, and my ob/gyn texted me that I had clean results. If it makes you feel better, though, even with no family history or real personal risk factors, it was STILL nerve-wracking waiting to get the results.

The week after menses is the best time to check, when the hormone levels are down and you won't feel a 'false posiitive' (usually a swollen gland) and have a major freak-out over it ;-)

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10727 posts)
Gina, I'll keep you in my thoughts today, hoping for the best outcome.

If you do start that other thread, let us know here! I've got a few things to say. Surprised? ;-)

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9187 posts)
Tomorrow is my second appointment. It kept getting moved around (the appointment, not my breast:). I realize that I am maybe a realist, and every so often a catostrophic thinker: I do roll around the worst case scenarios in my head just for a bit, "just in case." I'm not an easy person to surprise, in good ways or in "bad," b/c I seriously cannot turn off my brain, it just keeps rolling on, unless I'm in a deep sleep (5:30 am-8:30 or so) or I'm in the middle of an orgasm.

I had Dan look tonight to make sure there were no bite marks, scratches, bruises...not from him (he's not about inflicting pain, even erotic pain), but from guests at a friend's house party.

This will be topic for another thread, but I wonder sometimes what is the need to go as hard and fast and painful and bitey and scratchy as you can when you're with a swing partner or partners? I like variety. And I like giving variety. I'll post all that in another thread again...I'm rambling.

Thanks for well wishes. G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7532 posts)
"Whatever inconvenience or aversion or busy schedule you have, PLEASE take care of yourself. Do it today." ..... Fun, you are a wise man.

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(752 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 35   End
TOPIC: That Scary Second Mammogram