That Scary Second Mammogram : Swingers Discussion 2113091021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkThat Scary Second Mammogram
TOPIC: That Scary Second Mammogram
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 35   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Fun, that's great advice and thank you for your concern on behalf of all women. Men should also be aware that they can get breast cancer, too - my next door neighbor had a malignant tumor before he died.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9178 posts)
This is easy for a man to say, but you should exult in having whatever early detection tests your doctor recommends, and then some. The mother of my daughter's best friend kept putting off her mammogram. A radical mastectomy later, she is undergoing serious chemo and hoping to survive.

Whatever inconvenience or aversion or busy schedule you have, PLEASE take care of yourself. Do it today.

(Sorry for intruding, but you women are just too wonderful not to do everything humanly possible to take care).

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
thanks G. The procedure involves moving some muscle as well which is where the problems can come in.

Hope your second mammogram comes out clear.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Sorry to hear that. I was just making light of it in a comment to my son, but didn't imagine there was some seriousness to it. That would be a scary thing.

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7530 posts)
my sister did the belly fat thing to make a new breast after cancer and she has had problems with it since it was done. She has had to have 4 more surgeries and has been in the hospital many times because of it.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
I'm sure our military insurance would pay for THAT:)

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7530 posts)
Gina, I never have had to go through a 2nd mammogram but did feel a lump one time. Since it didn't show up in the next test (x-ray, I think), I didn't have to do anything else.

The reason I'm writing is regarding your comment about having belly fat used in plastic surgery to replace a breast. I know a nudist who did that, successfully, and while her naked breasts and belly show surgical scars, in clothing she looks great.

Good luck with the next mammo. Sending gentle hugs your way. Scandle

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9178 posts)
Thanks to all you lovely ladies for posting. There is definitely reassurance in your stories. I told my son that if worse comes to worst, I hope they can reconstruct a breast out of my belly. He laughed. He said I sounded just like his grandma (his dad's mom), who refused to wear her prosthesis and said if people don't like it, tough shit, they don't have to look.

Adopted, so don't have a lot of birth family info, just that my aunt (I met her in '98) on my mother's side had breast cancer, and so did my grandmother. It isn't a huge worry, just that initial phone call and realistic/negative thoughts. Until the day before Thanksgiving when I go again, I'll put my mind to good use in other areas:).

You girls, and your girls are all lovely.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7530 posts)
I realized after I posted I should have used one of the few pictures I have taken on my right side where you can see the scar from the excisional biopsy.

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(751 posts)
In the past 5 years I have had mammograms and sonograms every 3 to 6 months, I have had a total of 6 needle biopsies (one stereotactic, the rest core needle), and also had an an excisional biopsy (a lumpectomy). I am considered high risk because of the large number of "suspicious" areas that have been found, and because the one needle biopsy showed a papilloma which is considered a high risk lesion.. that was the one that lead to the lumpectomy. Everything else has always been fine! It is scary, but if you research it, the odds are really in your favor that it will be ok! Unfortunately, I think I have become so immuned to it, I don't even get worried anymore even when they send me for the needle biopsies, I tend to minimize it and drag my feet getting there! Good luck to you!!

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(751 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   21 to 30 of 35   End
TOPIC: That Scary Second Mammogram