Tanning : Swingers Discussion 57515
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkTanning
TOPIC: Tanning
Created by: gotbatteries The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Agh, I just got back from being the State Board ginea pig for a friend of my sister's and then I will be my sister's in May. I got lured in by the idea that it would be like going to a day spa. No, it was 4 hours of getting my hair pulled with shaving cream in it and they had to chop all of my hair off to do a finger wave that they'll never do on clients. Tell your Mr. that I sympathize with him.

Wheatland CA

Username hidden
(1123 posts)
OMG, Virgin Alert!

Welcome to the forums OKINATOR and thank you for the suggestion, if I get brave I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope to see that you post more than the once even if you just stick to the woman's forum.

Wheatland CA

Username hidden
(1123 posts)
Amy you're nuts. :)

Right this moment I'm waiting for my Banana Boat tan to appear. I got smart this time though and got deep dark (as opposed to light/medium). Instead of applying it over and over again until I get the result I want I get it the first time. I got too scared to use the spray and my husband said no to letting me experiment with it first on him. Maybe it was because when I proposed it to him we were at the store getting dye to cover the pink hair I gave him the day before (it was supposed to be red), who knows.

Wheatland CA

Username hidden
(1123 posts)
I've recently tried the Neutrogena Micro-Mist spray on self tanner. I think it looks very natural, no streaks, and it's very quick and easy to spray on. It really is a "micro mist" and the can sprays at any angle. I've tried lots of different lotions in the past, and I have to say this spray is far superior to anything else I've ever used. Good luck! :)

Fresno CA

Username hidden
(1 post)
I don't think $25 per session is cheap plus you have to do it once a week. That would be nice but I don't think I want my fake tan monthly cost to be more than my pg&e and phone bill combined, but you go ahead, I'll be in my bathroom with the lotion and gloves.

Wheatland CA

Username hidden
(1123 posts)
Clears..... go to the spa and have them do the Mystic Tan (spray on)...its professional and great looking and very very cheap. You just go in a booth nude and ...... well you'll see.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Okay I looked at the cheap stuff I get and it says that it has bronzers in the formula so you can see where you have put it and that's why I don't streak. I also wear surgical gloves because it stains my hands.

I want to try the spray stuff because it takes a while to rub the lotion in and I might use it more frequently if it quicker and easier to apply.

Has anyone had good luck with the spray on stuff?? Recommendations?

Wheatland CA

Username hidden
(1123 posts)
i am tanning right now due to the fact that we are going to Florida at the end of April. I hate being as pale as i am. I am on the fance about tanning. I wouldn't do it year round because of the damage that it can cause to your skin but if there is something going on where i need a base tan instead of a bronzer then i go for it. honestly it's only once every few years. The tan accelerator that i use actually has a bronzer in it too. It is great. As long as i don't just slather it on i find that i don't get streakey and it is a nice natural looking color. It is also extremely non-greasy and i can't even tell that i have it on my skin. Also i have done both lay down and stand up booths. I find that the stand up booths don't get my legs tan the way a lay down does. My salon recommends that you start with a laydown bed til you have acheived the desired coloring and then go to the stand up bed to maintain. It's just a matter of finding the right salon. They are great where i go. Went to hollywood tans in the past and the women put me in way too long and i ended up with a pretty bad burn. I wasn't happy to say the least. The place i go now. They are very educated, started me small and are working me up.

Mayfield PA

Username hidden
(910 posts)
I used to tan without a problem. About 3 years ago, I went, and for some reason my skin was a mess all summer, definately not worth it to me, (NATURAL REDHEAD!!!!) SSSSOOOOOOO......... Me? I am the pasty white one, take it or leave it, I will sit in the shade with SPF 150 or do the "tan in a can thing".!!!!! (Better than skin cancer and rashes all summer) LOL

Utica NY

Username hidden
(493 posts)
We both use 30 level spf for our face & bodies 365 days a year & stay clear from the sun as much as we can. We are sure your so called pasty skin is sexy they way it is. We think our pale skin looks great especially with our black wardrobe..LOL. If you must add color to your skin try Clinique or Estee' Lauders many self tanning foams & lotions, that contain spf protection.

Burbank CA

Username hidden
(170 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: Tanning