Talking to Doc about Birth Control : Swingers Discussion 2203921011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkTalking to Doc about Birth Control
TOPIC: Talking to Doc about Birth Control
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 24   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Actually it isn't that great of idea to tell your doctor. I tell my doctor what he needs to know and never that we are swingers. This advice came from a doctor, who is in the Lifestyle. You tell your doctor and now it is in your medical file. The doctor isn't suppose to say anything, to other people but that doesn't mean he won't. Also anyone in that office can now see what is in your record.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX

Username hidden
(17554 posts)
Bonis - I'm really happy that you've decided to tell your doctor why. It's important. They will tell you things you already know - i.e., wear condoms. Also, they would probably suggest STD testing. When I told mine, she wasn't thrilled about it - she said I should really think about it, mainly from a mental standpoint, could I handle it (I didn't go into the details that I had previously been "in the lifestyle"...).

Also, I'm with you - I support Planned Parenthood. Although I think you could still use them, and you would actually be supporting them because they base what you pay on your income, so I'm assuming that you would be paying full price with them...

Gibsonia PA

Username hidden
(6730 posts)
Make that a long TIME ago, like 20 years. I had to rest for a couple of days and not push it for a while after that, but can't give you specifics. Probably others here can better answer your question about tubal ligation recovery time. Sorry!

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
I'll ask but pretty sure that since they did his vasectomy, I'm not sure I'd qualify. What's the recovery like? I'm a bartender so I'm on my feet for 6-7 hours, and I ride a motorcycle to work! I suppose I could just research it online, but I like personal opinions and experiences. :)

Millington TN

Username hidden
(224 posts)
I had a tubal ligation years ago, when I was about your age, Bonis. It was day surgery, as Carrie said, tho my doc did 2 incisions -one in my navel, one above the pubic bone. Are you sure your insurance won't cover it? Mine did, but it was a long tome ago.

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
Tubal ligation is not the same thing as a hysterectomy.

Scottsdale AZ

Username hidden
(172 posts)
Really!? For some reason I had this archaic "they have to cut me open a la c-section and reach in, snip and twist and tug, and staple me back together!"

We're absolutely done having kids, we have four together, I think that's enough. :)

Millington TN

Username hidden
(224 posts)
A tubal really isn't much of a surgery. They go in through the belly button and you are home the same day.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX

Username hidden
(17554 posts)
Yes, I suppose I really ought to have taken more time to compose the question!

I think I will just 'fess up to my PCM, I'd rather have a professional "in the know" just in case. I just don't know if everything we talk about goes into our file, I'd really rather that NOT be in mine.

As for Planned Parenthood, I support the program, but I won't use it. I have insurance, and feel absolutely wrong taking supplies and services from those who actually need it because they DON'T have insurance. Yes yes, my taxes pay for the programs, blah dee blah. Doesn't stop the guilt, so I'll bite the bullet and ask my doc.

Thanks for helping me make the decision! :D

Millington TN

Username hidden
(224 posts)
Bonis, now that you gave us more information, it's easier to understand what you meant. ;-)

You don't have to tell your doctor why you want the IUD, but be ready to explain if she asks. Hopefully she is fully trained and able to handle things that are a little out of the ordinary. Another option is to go to Planned Parenthood for birth control.

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 24   End
TOPIC: Talking to Doc about Birth Control