Talking to Doc about Birth Control : Swingers Discussion 220392101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkTalking to Doc about Birth Control
TOPIC: Talking to Doc about Birth Control
Created by: Bonis_Duo
Original Starting post for this thread:
So, Mr B is v-sectioned, but eventually we will progress to full swap and i want to be EXTREMELY sure I won't get pregnant. So, logically, I need birth control.

My doctor knows that the Mr is sterile, should I just openly say "hey, we're swingers (grr baby, very grr!), let's pop some BC!" or what?!

Anyone else out in SLS Land been there, done that?! My doctor is a younger lady, so I'm not really sure how she'd take it!

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
User Details are only visible to members.
As I was catching up on htis thread, Rowdy made the point that came to my mind. Federal mandate: ALL records will be electronic by 2016. ALL will somehow be cross-accessible between providers. Yes, "Big Brother" will also be watching, and I'm quite sure the insurance companies will use it to their benefit, as well.

As a women's health provider, our facility is already moving to electronic and I can tell you now it's a colossal P.I.T.A.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10696 posts)
Just having kaiser is enough of a lesson to never tell my doctor anything private. I know the test I need and ask for them, usually this has to do with my children also. And each time my useless doctor asks why and i tell her not to worry. Them knowing will not improve my health care... I wish it would though, they are fairly pathetic! (I've been to multiple kaiser doctors and have given up on finding a good one)

Aloha OR
Username hidden
(62 posts)
My OB knows I am a swinger. But she and I have been together for almost 12 years and have been to hell and back. She is a lesbian and when I told her I was a swinger and bi she told me she was gay. We discussed health and safety. She never once looked down on me for it. She was just curious as to how and where we met people. I trust Kim completely. But then I think I am luckier than a lot of women.

Burleson TX
Username hidden
(3132 posts)
Carrie,

I never said that you had to admit you were a swinger to your health care professional. I do believe that you should tell your doctor that you are not in a monogamous relationship. I trust that my doctor, a board-certified OB-GYN, knows more than me about health care and will definitely know more than me about what tests I should get and at what frequency based on my lifestyle choices. This goes for all of my health care - I don't order my own biopsies, my own x-rays, my own CT-scans, etc. I don't believe my health care is a do-it-yourself proposition.

Mrs. L

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6774 posts)
Leeza,

I get tested all the time and never once have they asked me why or if I have multiple partners. I don't have to tell them I am a swinger, to get tested.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
Bonus, I had the same question as you regarding insurance when I went to have my tubal several years ago...would I not be eligible for coverage due to the fact that my husband had a vasectomy? I called and one has nothing to do with other. You are two separate patients.

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(741 posts)
I see both sides of the story, and agree with points made. I'll have to think hard about what I want in my permanent record.

Thanks to the ladies for sharing their recovery experiences!

Millington TN
Username hidden
(238 posts)
I guess in my mind, I'd rather my Dr knew I wanted a full STD panel yearly because my partner and I have sex with others together then for them to assume it was because I was cheating or I assumed he was cheating. I do tests in the spring, he gets his in the fall. So one of us is tested every 6 months.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17656 posts)
Carrie, I disagree. This is a very important part of your sexual health, and you should absolutely tell them. You may have STDs without symptoms. They won't test for anything unless they know that you are having sex with multiple partners. They have to keep it confidential by law. If anyone is still paranoid, then go to Planned Parenthood and pay cash. -Mrs. L

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6774 posts)
My friend was back to work, in a day or two. You may have to get people to lift heavy things, for you, for a few days.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 24   End
TOPIC: Talking to Doc about Birth Control