Something new, I hope : Swingers Discussion 197148
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkSomething new, I hope
TOPIC: Something new, I hope
Created by: PDGunther
Original Starting post for this thread:
I am struggling to understand, because I never had a child. What is with the twenty year olds, professing love, and I am talking about women here, then before their child is a year or two old, they decide that motherhood is difficult, and they find a new guy? They either leave with their child, or leave the father with the child. I know being a Mother is hard work. I never had the luck to be one. Why did they have the urge to "be a Mother" if they find out it is too hard?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 36   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Not mature enough, in my opinion, to fully comprehend all the hard work and sacrifices that go into mothering."

What the love of my life is tactfully NOT saying is;

How does a woman near 48 with two teen kids decide one day that she really didn't want kids after all (well, the work and responsibility of them anyway) so has a long term affair, then eventually leaves to become a religious nut (when said lover decides he liked her better MARRIED), leaving her kids behind with dad so she can pursue 'life 2.0?

The previous describes my ex....

This morning I was pondering how I could possibly be so fortunate as to have the love of this woman and two incredible kids that respect and love me.....

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3598 posts)
Well, it's exactly that--they are twenty. Not mature enough, in my opinion, to fully comprehend all the hard work and sacrifices that go into mothering. I got married young (to my ex husband) at 22, and had my daughter at 23. Even being married, it was TOUGH sometimes, but I never once regretted my decision to have my daughter, and I was fortunate enough to be able to stay home with her full time until she was seven. Now she is approaching 20 (yikes I feel old!) and talking about getting married and having babies herself, whereas just two years ago she declared that she would NEVER get married and have a baby. Maybe the mothering instinct kicks in at that age?

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3598 posts)
As a young mother of two I know that I am constantly making mistakes. It really sucks and I just hope that my daughter and I can have a different relationship than my mother and I have. Being a parent is the most difficult job in the world.

Aloha OR
Username hidden
(62 posts)
I had my daughter at 21, she was a birth control baby. I was scared, alone and away from home . I did the best i could do, i made mistakes that she pointed out just recently. I was hurt but in opening that door of conversation, i admitted i did some things and said some things that i wish i could take back but can't, i have to live with them to the end of my days. But i have and always will love her, she's my heart and i will fight to the death to protect her. In still raising her (she's 24) i probably will still make mistakes. There is one one thing i told her first off, i am a woman, second i am a mother, it's not instill in my dna to be a great mother but i will try my best to be a good mother albeit sometimes with mistakes.

Buffalo NY
Username hidden
(20 posts)
there are alot of messed up people on here, because of their parents. glad to see im not alone, lol

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2060 posts)
I'm the result of a broken condom, too. My older siblings were given family names but mine came out of the blue. For years these differences really bothered me, even though my parents made a point of letting me know I was loved and appreciated for being the "good" kid while my siblings were causing all sorts of problems. As an adult I now am glad to not be automatically grouped with the rest of my birth family since our beliefs, political leanings, and way of dealing with life are so much different.

The best parenting behavior I ever had the privilege to learn from came courtesy of my in-laws. My parents and their parents before them left a lot to be desired when raising kids. My parents were astonished at the amount of love (in the form of attention, interest, patience, time, etc.) my in-laws showed our kids, and thought my hubby's parents were ridiculously dedicated to the youngsters. I simply know in my heart that I and my kids were blessed to have my in-laws in our lives, gifting us with more love and positive role modeling than I ever could have imagined.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8933 posts)
I just wish there was an erase button. Like i said before, I'd start at 18.

Username hidden
(23994 posts)
My mom doesn't even CARE to realize how fucking looney and cruel she is. She just flat outs ignores any mention I make of it. She changes the subject and morphs into her sweet "who me?" voice. She thinks she was destined to be the mother of the century, and she clearly thinks she lived up to it. Hell, what do I know. Apparently she did with my two sisters. I'm the only one who got left behind.

Concord CA
Username hidden
(2087 posts)
Carrie, I think that is a HUGE key....the apology. I do not expect anyone to be perfect since I am damn sure not perfect either. My dad, he has ZERO remorse. As a matter of fact with him...he says that this is just the way it is. He said he wanted nothing to do with being a father or husband, and he knows that my mom and i suffered for it...but thats just how it is. I stood there looking at him like omfg, really? Really? At least he could feel bad about it LOL

Username hidden
(23994 posts)
I have good parents. They definitely made mistakes. My mother was verbal abusive. She realizes that and has since apologized. I also realized what my mother was going through, at the time and have forgiven her.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17915 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 36   End
TOPIC: Something new, I hope