Skipping period : Swingers Discussion 223161
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkSkipping period
TOPIC: Skipping period
Created by: HNHNIGHTS
Original Starting post for this thread:
I got my period April 22nd and started to take Avaine on the 24th to try and skip my period for vacation from June 16th through the 22nd. After starting this I again got my period 12 days later on May 4th and again 17 days later on May 21st and again 13 days later June 3rd. All my periods are fairly light and last for 5 to 7 days. I'm taking this to skip and now am getting them more frequent! Vacation 13 days away from my last period start for June 3rd now I don't know what to do. My gyne suggests either Avaine twice a day until vacation in over, stopping it right now and hoping it puts me on my usual schedule of 25-30 between(which would get me through vacation), or switching pills which I think is too late to do. What should I do?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
it's not bad, but I have heard there's a lot of spotting throughout the month. There's the rare but extremely serious complication of perforation of the uterus. And over the past few years since it's been around, I've delivered at least two babies with one present. One, the baby literally had it in their hand {we still laugh about it til today}, and the other, it was perched on top of the placenta after it was expelled, almost like a cherry on top of a sundae. That's not counting patients managed by any of my colleagues.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10696 posts)
The Mirena IUD reduces or eliminates periods. You might want to look into it.

Tipp City OH
Username hidden
(90 posts)
The pill in general fakes the body out into believing it has started a pregnancy. Each month, the uterus builds a bloody lining to prepare for a potential pregnancy. When pregnancy occurs, the rich bloody lining continues to build to provide a nurturing environment for the developing baby. Granted, with no actual pregnancy this bleeding seems to serve no real "purpose", but I have seen many patients that their body wouldn't have regular periods and they seem to have higher incident of gynecological problems. It may be purely incidental, as the medical conditions that affect the period may also cause the other problems, but it seems healthier to allow the body to shed the way it is designed to. This is based on working in women's health and noting 1000's of women's histories over the years, but I have not done any formal study.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10696 posts)
<em>Yes, i'm not a woman, however, I was in a LTR with a female OB/GYN. She was on the pill (don't know which), and just never took the sugar pills, but started the next pack right away. She said there is no reason why a woman has to have a period....period</em>

OB/GYNs have differing views on this, but I (not being a doctor but self-educated on the subject) agree with this post. The continuous pill method works for me.

My periods are insane. I won't go into details but I will say that my cycle has a mind of its own and interrupts my life due it being very heavy, very long, and very painful - but the Drs don't know why. Anyway, I am not about that life and it had to stop! I started skipping the sugar pill week and immediately starting the new pack. Life is much more bearable (and I can go to Hedo and not worry about having to wear bottoms).

From what I understand, this needs to be done with mono-phasic pills (all the pills should be the same except for the sugar pills). Also, a Dr told me that women on the pill aren't having true periods, it's more of a withdrawal bleeding, so there really is no reason to have that bleeding each month. Some women take three or four pill packs at a time (like Seasonale, etc), and I have heard of some women going years without Flo coming because they just keep taking the pill. Of course, I would advise anyone to talk to their Dr before starting this regimen.

Hampton VA
Username hidden
(130 posts)
Yes, i'm not a woman, however, I was in a LTR with a female OB/GYN. She was on the pill (don't know which), and just never took the sugar pills, but started the next pack right away. She said there is no reason why a woman has to have a period....period.

Colesville MD
Username hidden
(9 posts)
I say you should follow your gynecologist's advice. He/she has medical training, knows your medical history, and has your best interests at heart. If you aren't going to follow the advice you paid for, from someone you presumably trust, why did you go?

Generally, I agree with others who suggest you should try to work with your body, not against it, but I understand the frustration of menstruating at really inconvenient times. You may be at the point in your life, given your posted age, when menstruation happens completely unpredictably. It won't always be controllable, unfortunately.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8816 posts)
Honey quit messing with Mother Nature! You can't plan your vacas when you don't have your "friend"? That's what I used to do back in the day..... Now, I'm FREE!! It's wonderful to be past menopause!

Cocoa FL
Username hidden
(218 posts)
I just took a month of the Pill to make sure my menstruation wasn't an issue for a weekend excursion I had planned. I can relate to what you're saying. I came off of them as soon as I got home, and sure enough I started almost immediately. You have to know your body well enough and time it just right. But it's best not to try to alter it by more than a few days either way.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10696 posts)
I would stop jerking my system around if I were you. Good luck in your journey.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2182 posts)
I got my period April 22nd and started to take Avaine on the 24th to try and skip my period for vacation from June 16th through the 22nd. After starting this I again got my period 12 days later on May 4th and again 17 days later on May 21st and again 13 days later June 3rd. All my periods are fairly light and last for 5 to 7 days. I'm taking this to skip and now am getting them more frequent! Vacation 13 days away from my last period start for June 3rd now I don't know what to do. My gyne suggests either Avaine twice a day until vacation in over, stopping it right now and hoping it puts me on my usual schedule of 25-30 between(which would get me through vacation), or switching pills which I think is too late to do. What should I do?

Greensburg PA
Username hidden
(40 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Skipping period