Skin Care : Swingers Discussion 187141
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkSkin Care
TOPIC: Skin Care
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
Okay ladies, give me your secrets..fork them over! So...I was at the grocery store tonight and decided to buy some Loreal night cream. Now that I am 39 I am getting concerned about really taking care of my skin and keeping it healthy and young looking. But I'm spoiled because women in my family genetically have good skin. What do y'all use on yours? I was looking at the Revitalift products, they looked good. Thanks!!

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
hey girlfriend did you try that sample pack I left you?

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Laroux, really I never thought of pre natal vitamins since I am not pregnant. Does it lock you up? HMMMM I guess with fiber it shouldn't...I got to look into that.

New York NY
Username hidden
(486 posts)
I am lazy. I clean my face with an astringent and that is it.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17966 posts)
I have really, really sensitive skin and used to use the Prescriptives line but they went out if business... I finally found something I love! A line called Philosophy I buy at Ulta... Pricey but well worth it for sensitive skin! But, Lost, it looks like you do not need much help at all!! :)

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(741 posts)
wonderful, thank y'all very much!

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
I just lost this entire post when my screen just switched over to the home page on it's own. I hate when that happens! Is there any way to recover an un-posted post when that happens?

Anyway Lost,

I know this is not exactly what you are asking, but it seems like a good place the info in any case, and I wish I someone had given me this advice when I was in my 30's.

One thing I started to do in my 20's was keep my face out of the sun, and I still do that and use sunscreen every day I am going to be outside for longer than 5 minutes. Most people do not think that I am my age, and I think that is the main reason why.

Try to get a facial, from a clinical aesthetician, not someone at a salon, as often as you can afford to have one. I really have to budget to do it, but I make it happen 2-4x a year. I use a combination of products from her, and cheaper stuff from wherever, as I think most of the less expensive product work just as well.

I radically changed my diet in May to try to try to help with increasing arthritis pain in my hands as well as my allergies, which were both getting out of control. I HATE taking medication, so I thought I would try this first. The changes were based on the book CLEAN by Alejandro Junger, and I will be happy to talk to anyone about it if you want to know more, because in less than a week both my pain and my allergies were 95% better. No shit. It has been unbelievable.

What I did not notice was the change in my skin, but I started getting so many compliments from so many people that I realized that the diet was also making a difference there as well. I love it, especially as another birthday approaches. The diet would be a drastic change in lifestyle for most people, as you are eliminating a long list of food groups. If a year ago you had told me that my coffee-dairy-bread-pasta loving ass would be almost giving those foods up entirely, I would have told you you were nuts, but it has been so worth it.

I hope that this helps, Shelly.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5306 posts)
Okay ladies, give me your secrets..fork them over! So...I was at the grocery store tonight and decided to buy some Loreal night cream. Now that I am 39 I am getting concerned about really taking care of my skin and keeping it healthy and young looking. But I'm spoiled because women in my family genetically have good skin. What do y'all use on yours? I was looking at the Revitalift products, they looked good. Thanks!!

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Skin Care