Self Esteem : Swingers Discussion 2071291011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkSelf Esteem
TOPIC: Self Esteem
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 12 of 12 
User Details are only visible to members.
Funones, welcome to the Forums. There is a lot of very good advice here, especially in the Women Talk section, but also in the B.B.W. forums. Not that you are by any stretch of the imagination a BBW, but there are a lot of discussions there about self esteem.

People before me have given you some great advice. If you are not happy with swinging, for ANY reason, then it's time to step back and suspend activities for a while. You and your partner need to talk about your needs and desires honestly. If you are only doing this to "keep him satisfied," ultimately and intimately compromising yourself for another person, it is time to stop. Especially if swinging makes you feel more uncomfortable with your appearance, then it may simply not be right for you. It isn't for everyone.

If you think you do actually enjoy swinging (for you) but appearance is your only concern, I would suggest going to a bunch of LS parties where all you do is meet people. My husband and I have gone to a variety of swinger parties and resorts around the country, and have always found a wide range of body shapes and sizes, both male and female. For a long time I worried about being middle aged, overweight and not as "hot" looking as some of the younger women were, but eventually realized what more there is of me, both physically and by attitude, is well appreciated and admired, too. The most beautiful bodies were not always the people getting the most attention. Most of the time those who were interesting to talk to, good listeners, friendly and happy were having the most fun.

Understand that you are not the first person to go through these self doubts, nor will you be the last. Good luck.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9061 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
First, welcome to the forums. You seem to have a handle on your problem, with the thread title: Self Esteem The depth of your problem is evident and fully expressed: When you look in the mirror, you just feel disgust.

You probably will find complimentary men enough when you meet them in swinging. Whether this corrects a lifetime of poor self image, time will tell. More likely, you could use some professional counseling, and perhaps use swinging to practice what you are learning.

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Some with terrible bodies have strong enough social skills to deflect attention to their strong points. Others basically invite the rest of the world to focus on their weaknesses.

Think of your personality as a vehicle. There may be many more years left on you; but when you need some work done, take it in to a professional -- to someone who fixes these things for a living.

And best of luck!

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 12 of 12 
TOPIC: Self Esteem