Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Women Talk › Scars and Blemishes
TOPIC: Scars_and_Blemishes
Created by: twoofus1988 The original post for this thread was deleted.
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 13
User Details are only visible to members.
I can't speak for everyone but I can speak for myself, Back in Jan of 1990, I was badly burned in a natural gas explosion in the home I was renting for my family. Well needless to say I was burned over 80% of my body. All the healing was natural, I refused skin grafts. I can relate in a way as to being worried how others would look at me naked. Even thou it has been over 17 yrs I still feel it comes in to the equation when it comes to my sweet sweet wife and I meeting a new female friend. It is posted on our profile that even thou I have the scars it doesn't change who I am.

But U have to take into consideration how others may view this, and there for when I chat with someone we want to meet, I make sure with in the first 2 days of chatting it is known about my scars so there is no unexpected shock when we do meet.

Whitakers NC
Username hidden
(939 posts)
CJ, I have on my right leg a scar of 33 stitches from a head on collision when I was 18. On my left breast I have a scar of 8 stitches from a cyst that was removed when I was 15! On my hip I have a scar that was cut into TWICE with four stitches for pins in my hip! And on my right butt cheek, I have a scar, cut into twice, of four stitches!!! Talk about your battle scars. Well, I used to be self conscious about it. I'm too old to worry about it now. And most men don't notice. And if they do, and they have the guts to ask, I have no problem telling them about it. So I've learned to accept my scars, they are still with me to this day! T

Lancaster PA
Username hidden
(544 posts)
I have to admit I didn't read them all..but I'll come back to them. Just wanted to say this... I have had three csections two lapro's one tubal and breastfeed all of my kids. Before we started in the LS it didn't bother me...those scars and body changes gave us our family..and was proud of them. Never ashamed in front of my hubby...but I was terrified for another man to see them. Then i realized...not many mom's have perfect skin! Pfff if no one likes it! I'm not going to flaunt it!! but not going to insist the lights be off. Embrace yourself...you'll have more fun if your mind is not worried about the little things...give your mind over to the pleasure!

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
There are several scar reduction products. Some are "Tape" or sheets of silicone some are ointments like Mederma.

I personally like the hydrogels (tape) for newer scars. I feel the ointments wipe off too easily. I have no knowledge on how these products work on older scars. A google search looking for medical literature not sales pitches would be a good idea.

I used the hydrogel on a very deep knee wound (bike accident). They healed wonderfully. Can't even see them

Good luck with the newer scars. The older ones happened merely because we are living in our bodies...We are not on the sidelines.

Mischief.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I have all the ugly stretchmarks from pregnancy, as well. I wouldn't change a thing though, because now I have a beautiful 5 year old who tells me she loves me, 100 x's a day!!! I would however love to get rid of the ugly scar that runs from mid belly, vertically down my body for about 10 inches... this I got when I went in to have my gall bladder taken out, only to have the Drs find that my appendix had also ruptured, so they couldn't get it out thru the small incision at my belly button & had to cut me from here to thereeeeeeeee!!!!! All of this was done 8 days after I had a c-section!!!!! Talk about some painful times!!!!! BUT, I have had several playmates (sounded like a slut, didn't I!!!) and none of them appear to be grossed out by it.... if they are, they hide it very well!! Of course it does bother me that they are there, but it is just a part of my life that I cannot reverse nor could I have stopped from happening...... *it's all good!!!*

East Ridge TN
Username hidden
(4029 posts)
Shelly, I've had 2 c sections. Both times there was numbness that lasted for about 3 years, but eventually the feeling came back. I think everyone's body is a bit different in it's recovery rate. It takes 2 years for the female body to recover from a normal vaginal birth. It takes even longer for a c section recovery. Hang in there...you may just get that feeling back after all ;-)

Palm Beach Gardens FL
Username hidden
(1095 posts)
Everyone heals differently. Most of your scars (and stretch marks) you can blame on your parents! You can do everything right and get them, do everything wrong and not. I bruise VERY easily and have scars and stretch marks galore. It just comes with the package. Sir G calls them life marks and often traces them with his tongue! (shudder). Not always comfortable with my nakedness but learning! Once comfort and trust are established that seems to go away!

Bethpage TN
Username hidden
(1038 posts)
I have 3 separate scars from the c-sections and my entire belly from the bellybutton down to the public hair line (well, what was the hairline..lol) is completely numb. My dr. said the chances of regaining full feeling is almost none because nerves were severed.

Ocala FL
Username hidden
(77 posts)
Mine isn't numb but I don't ever remember it being that way either.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
Wow, thanks for the optimism!!!! LOL thanks girl Shelly

Username hidden
(23989 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 13
TOPIC: Scars and Blemishes
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.