Product Poll: How do you care for your hair and skin : Swingers Discussion 45204101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkProduct Poll: How do you care for your hair and skin
TOPIC: Product Poll: How do you care for your hair and skin
Created by: CnL04
Original Starting post for this thread:
Just curious about what things people here use that they love. I'm constantly on the prowl for good shampoos, conditioners and styling products to tame this mass of unruly frizz I call hair. And the last time I went to a department store to look at moisturizers and makeup, all the lab-coat-ladies swore THEIR products had THE most essential ingredients EVER...so, confuddled by conflicting claims, I hied back to Target for my Oil of Olay and Maybelline.

Anyone got any words of wisdom to share on how best to spend beauty-dollars?

L.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
I love Joico hair products, you can only buy them from a salon. As for skin, that's easy, Mary Kay all the way. I have used the products since I was 16 and over the years tried others but always came back. I love them so much I have been a consultant for 3 years now. If you have any questions on skin care e-mail me.

Rio Rancho NM
Username hidden
(46 posts)
What's cucumber paste?

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
The green tea made me think of an article I read somewhere about soda preservatives. The stuff is found more so in the non-dark colas, canned fruit drinks and canned teas. The dentists suggested waiting an hour to brush your teeth as you will brush the enamel right off your teeth.

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
Lora, you shaved your head??? Crazy, i've always wanted to do that, i'm just not that brave, that and id look horrible. I'm so jealous of femandbi, she's one of the few ive seen that can pull off that short of hair.

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
For hard to manage tough or brittle hair use ..

Mane and a tail shampoo. it works wonderful to soften any hard to manage hair...

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
For me, it's plain old Dial soap, Suave shampoo and conditioner and baby majic all over. I used to use Oil of Olay face wash all the time. Been without it for over 2 years now and don't really see a difference.

One thing I've found quite funny lately. I let my hair dry naturally. It ends up being so curly it ticks me off that I used to get perms every 6 months from the time I was 13 til I turned 32. That was the last time I had my head shaved and refused to cut, perm or color it. I do still color it, get it trimmed, but thank god I don't have to do the perms anymore.

Lora

Pittston Township PA
Username hidden
(1142 posts)
Agree, just switched to Thermasilk from Pantene. I've used Pantene for two years but is just too expensive so I got Finesse and Thermasilk tried both and like the Thermasilk better. It's actually so thick I have a hard time shaking it out. Any other conditioner winners? Any cheap shampoo, body wash, and facewash will do for me. Dove deodorant, Colgate Total toothpaste, Sonicare toothbrush, ooh this uh thermasilk spray on stuff my sister recomended (the oil separates, something shine).

Faces by Bannana Boat (I think) has spf 23 that I wear religiously and got hubby his own tube but never uses it. It doesn't make me break out or feel greasy, just put my covergirl clean makeup over it.

I want to try that Quench Body lotion but am trying to use all the old crappy stuff first. Tip: most anything with Glycerin is good, it actually retains moisture instead of greasing you up. Thanks blondie for the AHA tip!

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
Just curious about what things people here use that they love. I'm constantly on the prowl for good shampoos, conditioners and styling products to tame this mass of unruly frizz I call hair. And the last time I went to a department store to look at moisturizers and makeup, all the lab-coat-ladies swore THEIR products had THE most essential ingredients EVER...so, confuddled by conflicting claims, I hied back to Target for my Oil of Olay and Maybelline.

Anyone got any words of wisdom to share on how best to spend beauty-dollars?

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Product Poll: How do you care for your hair and skin