Okay so question on tact Help me out here girls : Swingers Discussion 172810
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkOkay so question on tact Help me out here girls
TOPIC: Okay so question on tact Help me out here girls
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
Okay. So. How do you gently and tactfully tell someone....that they have breath stank. lol, I ask this seriously. There is a lady in my office who does not have the best hygienic habits. She is a hard worker...but, yeah. My issue is, as the Medicare person I have to deal with this girl very closely. And well, her breath reeks of oral bacteria. Informally speaking, her mouth smells like the inside of an ass. I have mentioned this to my manager, who despises and avoids all levels of direct confrontation...and like I said, this girl is a hard ass worker. So. This puts me in a bad position...cause its me there smelling it. So. What do you think? Is there an easy way to say ummm, could you get some Listerine????????

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
nooo...I'm a wuss. I hate the thought of hurting someone's feelings. But she is hurting mine with that bacteria!

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Shel Did you do anything about it yet?

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
HUMOR.. just hand her a breathe mint.. blame yourself.." ughh it must be me again hormones and all everything smells differnt.. here have a mint I am going through something and it makes everyones breathe smell so different... not sure whats going on but just in case it doesnt work itself out .. oh here just take the whole bag of mints...." she can take the hint... or eat the mint. Least you tried.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(36 posts)
My grandmother always said that if someone offered you a mint or piece of gum to take it ~ b/c they might very well be hinting that you needed it and if they weren't, some extra fresh breath never hurt anyone. ;)

I'd offer her mints everytime that you have to get up close w/ her. If she declines, ask what kind she likes and stock up. Eventually, she'll probably figure it out.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(494 posts)
Just as a side note - It could be something other than bad oral hygiene. I (the male half here) fought constant bad breath for nearly 10 years. I was aware of it and brushed at least twice a day and constantly flossed but neither seemed to help for more than a few minutes. After some changes in lifestyle trying to be healthier and take better care of myself, I visited an ENT to have him look into my snoring issue (at the time). After a quick throat exam, he was able to determine that at age 30, I needed to have my tonsils out. The bad breath was a result of the bacteria in my tonsils and the snoring was a partial result of them being inflamed and closing off my throat (the other part was a HUGE uvula). The reason I'd never had any major issues with my tonsils was that they were "inverted" and when swollen, would swell more into my neck tissue, not as much into the throat as most people's do. Since I've had them removed (as well as most of my uvula), I no longer have the bad breath or the snoring. Often times, a dentist can take a look at the tonsils and refer to an ENT if the patient will just bring up the issue to bad breath to the dentist.

Morrison CO
Username hidden
(351 posts)
Hey I was going to suggest the vicks trick.... It works great but you smell that vapor thing all day..... It is amazing on the Odors that vicks will mask

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9680 posts)
If she has a mailbox you can always put a nice tactful note saying what you said but in a sweet friendly way ( dont ask me I am a bitch nothing sweet comes out of my mouth) It can not be signed. You can state you do not want to be hurtful but you have noticed this and want to bring it to her attention. We had a guy who had bad bo. Someone put a note in his box. Within a few days he was better. Sometimes I dont think people realize they smell. Gum disease stank or smoking breathe stank is as bad as man crotch rot stank.... Good luck.

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
Good ideas, thanks girls!

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Perhaps start offering her a breath mint whenever you have to deal with her. She may get the hint.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
As you know, my husband smokes, and occasionally will have that coffee/smoker breath. He's almost always very considerate, and keeps close tabs when he's with other people. He's a very considerate smoker, if there is such a thing. If we are at a store and I notice it, I will ask for his breath spray, use it myself...and then just a nod to him and he'll understand. But that's a husband/wife and in your situation, that would not work.

Dear Abby and other help columns deal with this problem all the time, and usually suggest telling a manager. Since yours is so non confrontational, you may need to either be direct, in a quiet way, or be passive/aggressive and put breath spray or listerine on her desk. A hand gesture, such as backing away and covering your nose and mouth might work, if she gets hints like that at all.

"I'm a bit concerned that you may need to see a dentist" "I can cover for you here if you need a few moments to brush your teeth" "I know this is my own sensitivity, but I am having an issue with your oral hygiene." "We thought we would put sample bottles of lotion, mouthwash and disposable toothbrushes in a basket in the bathroom, would you like to contribute to this so everyone can use them?"

Ha. Too bad we can't say these things without offending. Good luck on this. That's a hard one.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7271 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Okay so question on tact Help me out here girls