Mom's and their sons : Swingers Discussion 1979561041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkMom's and their sons
TOPIC: Mom's and their sons
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 48 of 48 
User Details are only visible to members.
I was born a military brat, and grew up to be a military wife, and now run a charity to assist other military families in their time of need. As a child I had the adventure of living in other countries and meeting people from all over the world and different walks of life. I also watch my father and our family friends go off to war, and seldom had my father present for birthdays and holidays. As a wife, I again watched my loved ones go off to war, but this time it was my husband and father of my children, his brothers, and our family friends. Some men came back (luckily my husband was among them). Some didn't. All of those who returned were changed for life, some in good ways and others not so good. I raised our children alone and told them of their father and Uncles far away and the heroic deeds they were doing. I truly have experienced both the joy and heartbreak a military life can bring. With 3 children who are quickly growing up, I fear I too will one day be sat down and told they my children also wish to follow in those brave footsteps. When/if this time comes, yes, I will be frightened for my children, and yes, I'll be fearful of what might happen. Regardless, I will be proud and honored that my children want to pursue such a noble lifestyle, and I will support their choice.

Merrillville IN
Username hidden
(2 posts)
For background, I'm a retired Marine reservist who went to OCS after college and served 20 years. I'm a combat vet of Desert Storm and came home with some mild Gulf War syndrome symptoms. I enjoyed my time in for the most part, but saw some bad things and a very few bad people. I rarely saw bad young Marines and miss my association with the young Marines every day. Americans should be very proud of their Marines.

Here is a compromise for your son. Enlist in the Marine Corps Reserve. He'll get the same training and most of the experience, good educational benefits and a chance to see if full time active duty is for him. Once his training is done he'll serve part time with a local unit. If he likes it, he can switch to full time, if not, he'll get his benefits and be done when his time is served. He is subject to mobilization, but with the current draw down, it isn't likely. Good luck!

Manlius NY
Username hidden
(41 posts)
If you do not want to be in the military you should not be in the military. There are many ways to help your country and love your country without wearing the military uniform.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
my son enlisted in the navy right after high school because he didnt know what he wanted to do. hubby and i both thought it would be a good thing for him. he left on his birthday in sept, right after 9/11 so yes it was very scary for me, but he was fine on his aircraft carrier. we were proud of him, and thats really all you can do since it is their decision to make.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2041 posts)
I enlisted at 17. Right as Desert Shield began. I knew what I was getting into when I did it. I saw thing I wish I never had. To this day I still have nightmares on occasion.

That being said, it was the best thing I ever did. I saw amazing places, met amazing people and did my part to ensure that MY son will grow up free and safe.

I understand the fear of enlisting and going to war. But if this is what he really wants to do, then support him all you can. Talk to him about jobs that reduce the risk of going to the front lines.

Hugs to you, Lady

Burleson TX
Username hidden
(3132 posts)
My son was retired by the army at 23 shrapnel ?sp in his back, shoulders, hips, was in a convoy that hit a IED. Ptsd (post tramatic stress disorder) not how I wanted to see him struggle but it was his choice.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2179 posts)
My son is in high school & in AFJROTC so I have nothing negative to say about the military. Also my husband was NAVY. I think military is great for structure for young people who don't know what direction they want to go. Plus the military will help pay for college.

Jasper FL
Username hidden
(281 posts)
I'd be proud of him, actually. There will always be wars somewhere. But the people I know who've served in the military are some of the best people I know or ever hope to know. It's a great career, and has really been a step in the right direction for a lot of people.

Hard topic, but I've always felt that way. Even before I married a career military person.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7290 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   41 to 48 of 48 
TOPIC: Mom's and their sons