Mom's and their sons : Swingers Discussion 197956
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkMom's and their sons
TOPIC: Mom's and their sons
Created by: kinddraggon The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 48   End
User Details are only visible to members.
If it's a potential combat role that scares you, I believe the prevailing statistic is that for every one combat position, there are 19 to 20 support positions behind the scenes providing all sorts of back up support for that one position.

Chester NJ
Username hidden
(277 posts)
My sons are still young, 12 and 9 in a few weeks. They are something. With our daughter, we were spoiled. She is very much a good combination of Jay and myself. The boys are different. The middle child, our oldest son...is Jay. The youngest child, is me. God help us, he is me with testosterone. This will get very interesting. Our oldest is very cautious and fears change at all cost. Youngest....he will prob be in a band, will ride a Harley, will never be monogamous...and prob love tattoos LOL. The middle will be happily married I am sure. They are something. I am amazed how 3 kids, born same genetics same parents, can be so very different.

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
SB

We said the very same things to our boys as you conveyed. No matter what, we love them. Does not mean that we will agree with what you do and you have to live with your consequences, but we will always love you.

Our oldest 'got it' his Sophomore year of college and wrote me one of the greatest things a mother would ever receive. He figured out what a mom and dad does and the mistakes they make and how if a mom can love the child despite the mistakes the child made then the action should be reciprocated by the child.

Your story was beautiful. It says a lot about what a loving parent you are. Congratulations on your success in parenting. And it sounds like it was a great success.

Sophia

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
sb, great post. And ditto.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
Well, update on son: he had said before he'd rather go bankrupt in Tx than move back to Oh, so he's looking for jobs in Austin. He'll fit well there, it's more geared to him and his personality and wants/needs/abilities/skills.

Younger son loves cold weather and snow, so I know he'll never move here.

I like the relationship I have with both of them. It's beyond anything I'd have imagined when I left their dad.

g.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
The "new" normal, that is.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8744 posts)
I have a good idea how you feel, Gina. One of my kids lives in another country, so we don't get to see her nearly as much as we would like to and there is always a bit more of a hassle going through customs each way. We miss her but have adjusted to the normal.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8744 posts)
My older son leaves soon to move back to Ohio b/c his business did not do well here in Texas. I'm sad, but most of all I'm heartbroken for him b/c he had hopes of making a new start here, both business wise and personally. He lived only 15 minutes away for a year, and I'm going to miss him like crazy, but above all, I just want him to be happy and successful no matter where he lives.

Love my sons above anything else. Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
I was a great student headed for college on my parents plan and at 17 brought 2 marine recruiters home to meet my parents and sign parental consent. They were floored, my poor dad just sat there, like whats going on, my GIRLY girl wants to do what, NO WAY!! My mother, aunt, and grandma, cried literally, and admired those 2 hot guys in uniform. However, they did later sign and supported me the entire time. It was an amazing experience and has lasted a lifetime, Once a Marine, Always a Marine.... I would say, its a great opportunity to travel and meet people in all walks of life, earn a trade and friendships that last a lifetime, and a level of pride and commitment that will never leave your son. If thats his chosen path, more power to him, its hard, its rugged, and its scary at times, but none of us would be free if there werent people like your son, who decided to fight for our country. I say support and be very, very proud, its a hard decision, and very different than what was expected of me and the opposite of what all my friends were doing. I think its great!! And ofcourse, the most important thing, constantly write him....its keeps you going no matter where you are :)

Fort Morgan CO
Username hidden
(26 posts)
People are idiots, Jonsan. We have found that the majority of the time when we go to a house party or swing party, or meet new friends here, they are connected in some way to the military. I think it's a great career for so many people, and not so great for others. You have to know yourself. And like with your son, my husband knew he wasn't going to college, his parents were farm people, and knew what he wanted to do.

I would have been proud for either of my sons to have joined. And that is not said lightly b/c I do actually know the risks.

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7268 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 48   End
TOPIC: Mom's and their sons