Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Women Talk Mid Life
TOPIC: Mid Life
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 49   End
User Details are only visible to members.
" some "natural" substances, as I will NOT do drugs if I can help it"

Natural substances ARE drugs. That's why you are taking them. The idea that natural substances are safer than synthetic estrogen probably only has to do with strength. Give enough of a phytomedicinal all caveats will apply.

Estroven was marketed to me. The Salesman proudly said NO contraindications. That means no problems to warn folks about. I asked him about women who had had breast cancer. Was his wonder drug that supposedly worked to replace estrogen ok for them to take??? Suddenly his no contraindications product had one. They never did send me the literature I asked for.

All of these "estrogen" mimics are marketed just like drugs. Use this and you will feel better without (insert evil words) Estrogen, drugs, other evil concepts like synthetic. Our product is NATURAL, safe, and effective. No such animal. If it's effective, it's not safe for someone. period.

I've been off estrogen pills for a year, currently. They were magic on my mood. Well worth any "risk" I took. Risk analysis is interesting. My daily romps in the car are the most dangerous thing I do.... The drugs I take keep me alive. No shit.

I'm not suggesting anyone should pick one thing over another. I'm suggesting it's all a racket, that there is no free lunch, and any thing active enough to change body chemistry is active enough to cause problems.

Are we all taking our calcium....ladies?...That's where natural lost out. Bone meal and dolomite were popular at one time. Seems they had too much heavy metal contamination. Synthetic was safer, cleaner. Currently all has to past tests. Still if you have had kidney stones, issues with calcium supplementation can occur. again.. active=no free lunch. Oyster shell is Ok,

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Never a problem. Don't want ANYONE to go through what I went through.

Also to everyone, be sure at least one of your Doctors knows about everything you are taking, even vitamins, supplements, etc. Someone with a pharmacological knowledge base, and that knows YOU should look at the wholistic picture of your health.

And ignore all the stupid drug adverts on the tellie! (oops, pet peeve!) will post that somewhere else. Bad Becky!

Bethpage TN
Username hidden
(1037 posts)
Thanks for the info LadyB!

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12139 posts)
Avlimil is a NON hormonal, Non steroidal prescription medication. Works slowly but helps with desire and feeling pleasure/ability to orgasm.

Check it out at avlimil dot com

My General Practitioner is an Osteopath, not a kneejerk prescriber and she thinks it is great and so do I! And believe me, I understand about patient spouses! You will BOTH appreciate it! See your OB GYN too!

Bethpage TN
Username hidden
(1037 posts)
Bigal, I just sent an e-mail to a close non-lifestyle friend of mine. I had a hysterectomy at 24 but my ovaries were left. I am in menopause now but my symptoms are wicked night sweats and the occassional hot flash. No vaginal problems (knock wood). I do believe that the vaginal wall itself changes and becomes thinner and less elastic. But I digress. This girlfriend of mine told me a couple years ago about a syndrome she had which made intercourse unbearably painful. Fortunately, she has a loving supportive husband but it saddened them both very much. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the syndrome or what her gyno was doing to treat it. I'll let you know when I hear back. It may be something to discuss with your doctor.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
I know your uterus shrinks during the change, but never heard of the vagina itself changing form, but again, I am far from an expert and just learning how to stay sane. As far as a hysterectomy goes, I didn't have one, but opted for a procedure called a hydroablation. I was very lucky in that in cured my severe anemia (no more iron transfussions which were a pain in the ass), and fell into the 15% ranks of never having a period again, but it did, I believe, throw me into the change quicker than I would have, even though I experience symptoms of perimenopause at 37.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12139 posts)
Clears, it's not a constant pain, it's not all the time. It's usually only painful right after sex. Sometimes, it starts during sex. It feels like raw meat. I used to go all night with no problems, now, I can do it only once then I'm sore for days. I also seem to get yeast infections constantly now, never had them like this. It seems like I am getting an infection every time we have sex now. My hubby keeps saying I'm allergic to him. But....even when I please myself it happens. It seems like when I orgasim, it brings on an infection. Weird!! Can't wait to get to the MD. It also seems like I am very lethargic and depressed lately. Can't seem to get excited about much of anything. I had the MD lower the testosterone dose on this last shot, so we'll see if that helps. One thing that I have noticed is that my vagina is changing shape. Not ugly or anything, just different. For those of you over 40, does this happen? I have heard that it does. I wish I had never had this hysterectomy. It ruined my life. I urge everyone who tells me they are contemplating one to get another opinion.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(56 posts)
Well, I am glad this topic is still going and more women are posting because I need all the advice and help I can get. What is Avlimil? I am coping very well with the occasional hot flash and night sweats, but beginning the occasional dryness (not that bad yet), but am serious considering taking something for the moodiness and depression that seems to be attacking me every other month. It lasts about a week to 10 days, but it is one of the worst things I have ever experienced. Not sure if there is any cure that is non-narcotic, but if this is the beginning of it there is no way I will survive without something--any ideas? I know exercise is great, but lately my high energy level took a major nose dive. I am wondering if it is time to check in to the funny farm, I feel like I am falling apart. Hopefully, this is very normal, but it seems like everyone else experiences dealt with the night sweats, hot flashes and vaginal dryness.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12139 posts)
I went through Menopause in my early 40's (and it doesn't run in the family, since my mother had a child at 48, my sister). I've taken a combination of Phyto Estrogen, Black Cohosh, and two soyshakes a day for the last 5 years. I also use Estrogen cream because sex became painful and it seems to help a bit. I had to go to three Ob/Gyns before I found one who understood the changes well enough to help me out a little with some "natural" substances, as I will NOT do drugs if I can help it. And that Ob/Gyn was a man. The two women before him weren't any help at all. I'm about to try Avlimil and see what its all about. susan

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Bigal, what kind of pain? Where?

Wheatland CA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 49   End
TOPIC: Mid Life