Mid Life : Swingers Discussion 44567101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkMid Life
TOPIC: Mid Life
Created by: wildlife
Original Starting post for this thread:
I know all may not be experiencing symptoms of the change of life, but for anyone who is, or has already completed it, please, tell me what you did to get through it. My night sweats have decreased, along with the hot flashes, but will be back, in a few months this I know. My problem is controling my emotions. They are worse than any PMS I have ever experienced (and I had PMS bad when I had periods). I will more than likely drive myself nuts, but will not take any hormone replacement therapy. Does anyone know of any herbal or foods that can help with this? Jim seems to think that I am way overstressed, but that's not the case. I tried to explain it to him, but, yeah, he gets it, just like I get what jock itch feels like. I do have some things going on in my life that are very difficult for me to swallow, the biggest being my 21 year moving out in 2 weeks, it sounds nuts, but it has been me and my 2 boys for so long, I am having a real difficult time letting go, but these symptoms have been there for quite a few months, and they need to go, like now. Any advice from anyone who has or is experiencing his wonderful event, please help.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 49   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I hear ya, LOL. Not sure I want to be 94 or Bacchus to be 114!

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Midlife begins when you can't double your age and see yourself as still alive.

2 X 47 years old.=94...yep middle age.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I always thought the change was pretty much in the gene pool as well, but there are circumstances that throw women into early menopause, so cannot say I believe the genes have it. Every women is different and believe when it happens, at whatever age, be prepared. Parts of it I can do without, the others don't bother me in the least, although it is a pain in the ass to wake up in the middle of the night, strip you, your entire bed and put clean bedding on when you were in a nice sleep dreaming of having some mind blowing sex (see that's what I get for dreaming good dreams).

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12104 posts)
I have a question...

Is when you go through menopause hereditary kinda..

If so would you follow your father or mother....

I have an irregular period always have. Until I got my tubes tied it was twice a year to be exact. Now its alittle more frequent. The doctors are not sure why and they laugh at me when I say.. Well my grandmother had finish her change of life before she was thirty. Started at 21, I think.

The doctors have no clue why my period is so irregular. I could take a pill to get it regular,, Just if it is what I think I would rather it just leave. They know how to fix it just not what is breaking it.. So I say I guess its not broke then. So lets not fix what isn't broken.

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
BTW, my gyny states the normal range of women to start midlife is anywhere from 45-50 and going anywhere from 7 to 10 years, told her she was full of poop.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12104 posts)
No Poly I cannot imagine that there is a set age for any woman to begin to experience her first symptoms. Again, I was 37 and I thought WTF. It is something you will eventually have to deal with. Some woman go through it very smoothly, others not so smoothly. I can deal with everything except the depression and the moods. Some stranger on the street said hello to me the other day, and I busted out crying. It is absolutely amazing, but I am hoping this is the worst I have to deal with as I am not in full midlife yet. I just had a procedure done this past week and I believe that it may have played somewhat of a role in my moodiness and depression this week. Seems like everytime my gyny takes a look, I experience this as well, and being told no sex for a month sure didn't help. So, its dealing with midlife, dealing with family, life everyday, work and fixing our broken pieces and all I say, is bring it all on get it over with. I am hoping that the hot flashes and night sweats actually stay the way they are as they are not that frequent, but hearing other women experiencing it really does help, that is why I brought it up as I thought I was going nuts.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12104 posts)
It seems to change as our life expectancy goes up. I always thought mid-life was 40 to 60. After that your were elders. Now that Bacchus is 2 1/2 years from 60 it's hard for me to think that's elderly! I remember Bacchus handing me my first AARP card (I was 40). I was aghast and said no way!!!

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
In talkiing about natural replacements, I tried Estroven, an OTC herbal estrogen replacement. I had such horrible side effects. My breasts swelled up and I couldn't wear a bra, I couldn't sleep at night, etc. So, OTC doesn't always mean better.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(56 posts)
Mischief, good advice about Calcium. That's one thing most women forget. I take 1500 mgs a day, with Vitamin D and Magnesium, get at least an hour of sunshine each day, and will stick with my nutris. No there isn't a free ride, however, I've found that most "prescription strength" drugs or nutris tend to cause side effects for me that I can live without. I will try the Avlimil cause it has been recommended to me by my favorite Ob/Gyn, whom I still speak to, despite the fact that he's in Virginia.

Btw, my vagina tightened up after menopause, to the point where most men comment now that its as tight as they've ever felt on a woman my age. I have no idea why, but it did this at the same time I was experiencing the dryness and discomfort of menopause. Anyone else have this happen? The doc doesn't seem to be concerned as long as sex isn't painful.

Cambridge VT
Username hidden
(6291 posts)
Well, thank you all for your replies. It seems that I am not alone in my symptoms but alone in my vag problems. Hubby says it looks no different, but I can FEEL it. I will let you all know what my doc says when I see him. BTW, has anyone tried compounded hormones? We have a new pharmacist out here that specializes in that and he has asked me if I'd like to participate in this.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(56 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 49   End
TOPIC: Mid Life