Make up help : Swingers Discussion 191943
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkMake up help
TOPIC: Make up help
Created by: Scandle
Original Starting post for this thread:
Though I've lived most of my life without worrying too much about make up, I'd like to glam up before heading out to special events since my face is showing my middle age more and more. Unfortunately, even the hypoallergenic liquid foundations and eye make up I've tried really irritate my eyes - even when I've been extremely careful to keep it OUT of my eyes. Powders are awful, too. Since nobody here is trying to sell me your product, your opinions will probably be the least biased I can find. Any suggestions on what I should look for, and where to get it? Thanks in advance!

L

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
User Details are only visible to members.
oh wow M you are so lucky! I have actually pondered going to cosmetology school...just to learn how to do my make up like a professional. I am loving the smokey eyes. I am currently into the browns, even though the purple and black is very pretty as well!! The greys are not me though. My eyes are just too brown. My daughter's eyes are green, I think she'd look fab with the grey smokey eyes. I'm addicted too. Eye shadows...I'm definately a Nars girl. Although Smash Box makes great products for sure. I love the smash box primer too....and I have found a fabulous foundation called No. Seven. For me though, skin care is as important as make up itself. If you have healthy, vibrant skin...your make up will look great.

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
I would volunteer for that too. She can practice on me anytime.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7530 posts)
I think I have that same kit, Shels! :) And my eyes looked awesome for the play I was just in. VERY OVERDONE, as was true to the character I played, BUT I'm also going to do them up more when we go out. Everyone was surprised I did my own makeup for it, and I got bunches of compliments. Looked good on stage.

So, yes, I'm an Ulta and Sephora fan, have been for a bit.

I guess I've been blessed with fairly good skin, was always a bit oily as a teen. Why are we never quite satisfied with ourselves? :)

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7530 posts)
oh thank you! I went to Sephora and bought another smokey eyes kit...this one is for grey/black at night and browns for the day. I also got new brushes. I have too much shit LOL.

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
Sign me up to sit in on that class Shells. Your eyes are stunning!

Burleson TX
Username hidden
(3183 posts)
You got it sis!!

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
I am so happy that it is working for you! Shelly,when I get the chance to meet you in person , I am going to ask you to show me how to do eyes. I have no clue. My mom and older sister were no help whatsoever

Augusta NJ
Username hidden
(16055 posts)
Glad it is working for you. Ulta is a nice place, we have one here I go there and get makeup brushes and stuff like that, they have a great selection of them.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Shel, with all the freckles and lines I have on my face, I WANT foundation to cover them up! LOL!

Today I tried out a new salon, ULTA, that carries several different brands. A cosmetician discussed what I needed and what some of you recommended (Bare Escentuals), and said Pur Minerals is a very similar product at the same price that might work even better. So far, wearing the foundation and blush for 6 hours, I'm doing okay! Now to learn how to do eye make up...

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9178 posts)
you may want to skip foundation. I did not wear foundation for years and years...but you have to have a seriously good skin care regimen so your skin looks super hydrated and healthy. Glad you are trying different things. Another option, if you see a dermatologist...they usually know of good, hypo allergenic products as well.

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
TOPIC: Make up help