Magnesium : Swingers Discussion 210649101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkMagnesium
TOPIC: Magnesium
Created by: Greeneyes1029
Original Starting post for this thread:
A friend told me about the many benefits of magnesium and it’s worked really well for me. I thought I'd pass this on.

Ok, this might be a little TMI, but I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I have IBS and have suffered from chronic idiopathic constipation my whole life. Before starting magnesium, I took a prescription drug for constipation, 3 stool softeners per day, lots of fiber and nothing helped. I had to have hemorrhoid surgery in 2011. This by the way is the WORST thing I’ve ever experienced. I would rather have my teeth pulled out, eyeballs gouged out and fingers cut off, all at the same time before doing that again. Although, now my husband says I’m a perfect ass. lol

So 3 months before my surgery, my friend told me about the magnesium she takes. It's slow release and doesn't cause cramping/gas/diarrhea. The RDA for magnesium is 400mgs. I take 625mgs of that one and get 100mgs in my everyday vitamin. How I take it is: 2 125mg tablets in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 2 at bedtime.

I am off the prescription drug and the stool softeners completely. I still try to get lots of fiber, but don't stress about it anymore. If I had known about the many benefits of magnesium years ago, I might have avoided surgery.

The kind of magnesium makes a difference. Dimagnesium malate is what I take. Magnesium Chloride and Oxide are poorly absorbed and quickly peed out. Slow release and not taking it all at once prevents diarrhea and cramping, etc.

I never knew how much magnesium helped our bodies.

Other benefits of magnesium: • Many women suffer from anxiety, especially during menopause. They rub magnesium oil on their chests and they feel immediately calmer. • Helps with depression. • Magnesium helps with sleep. • Migraines: studies show that high doses of magnesium lessen the duration and aura of migraines. • Helps with healthy relaxed muscle tone and function. • Helps with steady energy production. • Helps in dealing with stress. • Helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels. • Helps maintain healthy blood sugar/glucose levels within normal limits. • Helps regularity and healthy digestion. • Supports the body's ability to properly dissolve and utilize calcium in joints, muscles, and arteries. • Supports respiratory and cardiovascular health. • Supports healthy hormonal balance—especially in connection with the female cycle. • Supports overall bone health.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank you for that info. It is good to get mag levels checked. I get my magnesium levels checked 2-3 times per year by my kidney doctor. He knows that I take upwards of 800mgs. Even at that, my magnesium serum levels are dead center of the range. I have a friend that takes 1000 mgs and her levels test normal too. I asked my doctor what side effects I would see if I got too much. He said I'd be lethargic, sleepy, muscles would be weak.

There are studies now that show upwards of 600 mgs per day can lessen a migraine, reduce the aura and frequency. One study did intravenous mag of 1800 mgs per day for 3 months to see how it affected migraines.

One of the things to consider, is mag should be spread out and not taken all at once.

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
watch for toxicity! We use IV magnesium sulfate to prevent seizures and to slow or stop preterm labor, as it is a smooth muscle relaxant. BUT we draw mag levels every 6 hours to ensure high enough levels to be therapeutic but not so high as to be toxic. Check the limit and PLEASE don't exceed it. I'm glad you're benefitting from it and it can be useful, but use wisely.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(465 posts)
A friend told me about the many benefits of magnesium and it’s worked really well for me. I thought I'd pass this on.

Ok, this might be a little TMI, but I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I have IBS and have suffered from chronic idiopathic constipation my whole life. Before starting magnesium, I took a prescription drug for constipation, 3 stool softeners per day, lots of fiber and nothing helped. I had to have hemorrhoid surgery in 2011. This by the way is the WORST thing I’ve ever experienced. I would rather have my teeth pulled out, eyeballs gouged out and fingers cut off, all at the same time before doing that again. Although, now my husband says I’m a perfect ass. lol

So 3 months before my surgery, my friend told me about the magnesium she takes. It's slow release and doesn't cause cramping/gas/diarrhea. The RDA for magnesium is 400mgs. I take 625mgs of that one and get 100mgs in my everyday vitamin. How I take it is: 2 125mg tablets in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 2 at bedtime.

I am off the prescription drug and the stool softeners completely. I still try to get lots of fiber, but don't stress about it anymore. If I had known about the many benefits of magnesium years ago, I might have avoided surgery.

The kind of magnesium makes a difference. Dimagnesium malate is what I take. Magnesium Chloride and Oxide are poorly absorbed and quickly peed out. Slow release and not taking it all at once prevents diarrhea and cramping, etc.

I never knew how much magnesium helped our bodies.

Other benefits of magnesium: • Many women suffer from anxiety, especially during menopause. They rub magnesium oil on their chests and they feel immediately calmer. • Helps with depression. • Magnesium helps with sleep. • Migraines: studies show that high doses of magnesium lessen the duration and aura of migraines. • Helps with healthy relaxed muscle tone and function. • Helps with steady energy production. • Helps in dealing with stress. • Helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels. • Helps maintain healthy blood sugar/glucose levels within normal limits. • Helps regularity and healthy digestion. • Supports the body's ability to properly dissolve and utilize calcium in joints, muscles, and arteries. • Supports respiratory and cardiovascular health. • Supports healthy hormonal balance—especially in connection with the female cycle. • Supports overall bone health.

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Magnesium