Laser Hair Removal : Swingers Discussion 174833
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkLaser Hair Removal
TOPIC: Laser Hair Removal
Created by: BriJam
Original Starting post for this thread:
I have been thinking about laser hair removal. Any advice or opinions? Also I heard about Tria an at home laser remover, has anyone heard of it or tried it? Is it worth the investment? TY

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm assuming you mean lasered and not waxed, since 1800.00 is way beyond the market price for wax.

I had several laser treatments in my bikini area. I stopped because it was making the skin tight and it started to tear easily. Just from the treatments I had I enjoy not having as much hair to shave off.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17718 posts)
Had brazilian bikini wax and underarms at Ideal Image- it was a buy one get one free a little costly, but well worth it although I have to maintain every 2- 3 weeks. but its very minimal. It was @ $1800 for both areas and my underarms I shave maybe once every 3 months if that, the vaginial area there are places I could go back and get zapped I think it's 12 zaps per $40, but I can manage what I have now and no razor burn like before. Best investment! ok the real truth and everyone is different I had 2 natural child births and after the 2nd treatment I asked for the numbing cream which was another 40, but well worth it. Another hint of advice- if your appointment is scheduled and you don't have much growth- reschedule! It's a waste of your money!!! Another one....They say don't drink beforehand- it does help- just don't do Mary, so my friends say.. I don't know from experience, they just say it intensifies the pain. I'm not into pain So unless you like pain... stick to my suggestions.

Dunnellon FL
Username hidden
(1 post)
has anyone ever used the "no! no!" laser hair removal system?

kind, i was curious about this too. anyone tried it?

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2044 posts)
@outdoors - Hey thanks! Yeah, the pool of swingers here is *TINY*. Then trying to find a couple where all 4 of us have chemistry and then arranging a time to meet is waaayyyyy hard. :)

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
No one will ever complain that you are too smooth.

Congrats on finding a date out there in the middle of the Pacific Ocean!

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I'm thinking of getting the Silk'n Flash & Go. It has really good reviews on Sephora. It's $300, but I am soooooo tired of shaving my bikini area.

In fact, today, hubby commented on how long it took me to get ready (shaving, etc) for a play date last night. And then I showed him that I am already *stubbly*. He said "you should go ahead and get that home laser thing". YAY!!!

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(539 posts)
Ladies, Well, considering I am flat on my back while getting zapped, I am not certain of the exact coverage area of the laser. It takes about 15-20 minutes to do the entire bikini area. They use chilled ultrasound gel and compressed air to cool the area as it is being treated. I am to shave before each session and as it was explained to me the laser basically causes the folice to explode...I honestly feel like I am having each hair plucked one at a time, albeit in very quick sucession so its over before it becomes too much to handle. Does that make any sense?? lol... Oh! And the lidocaine gel has a bit of menthol to it as well, so its a bit breath-taking when applied to freshly shaven skin, lol. I got the deal from either Groupon or LivingSocial, I can't remember....

Columbiana AL
Username hidden
(3 posts)
The office I use has a laser surface area about the size of half a playing card- only more rectangular. It takes a while to cover much ground there, too. They go over each area at two intensity levels- one takes care of surface growth and the other zaps the follicle- or something like that...I seem to have a high tolerance for this type of pain and can use the maximum settings at the office. I would like a gold star for this but I'll settle for smoothness!

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3895 posts)
Hi there! I am scheduled for my last treatment, in a series of 5, on Friday. We have both been very pleased with the results. Although I am thinking of getting the Tria for at home touch-ups and for the hubs... I got a great deal at a medical spa, Sona, and paid about 1/3 the full price for the treatment (yay Groupon :)). They have me wait 7-8 weeks between treatments, and I can't tan while undergoing treatments. :( But, those are the only drawbacks and the results are WAY worth it!! I am absolutely glad I did it!! Oh, and I was able to purchase a lidocaine gel at the spa and boy am I glad I did!!! I am able to handle level 5, and I am not even going to try w/o the gel!!

Columbiana AL
Username hidden
(3 posts)
My place does lifetime touch-ups for $50 per visit after your initial treatment. That is way less than a full wax and lasts longer. It's nurse administered in a doc supervised setting and I hope it is around for a very long time.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3895 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: Laser Hair Removal