Hysterectomy : Swingers Discussion 2028451071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkHysterectomy
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 94   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Kat--Thank you and I hope we will meet up one day.

Greeneyes- 1st welcome to the forums, I still have my ovaries, she did all the work vaginally. I spent 6 hours in the operation room and lost a lot of blood(I had already planned for that and had 3 units of my own blood waiting for me) the first procedure was a partial hysterectomy, then I had my bladder suspended(thanks to my large headed boys), then my wonderfully kind doctor tightened up my muscles. That night I was walking the floors and having coffee with the nurses.

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(982 posts)
59? Mrs Greeneyes looks more like a 39 year old. Nice.

Whitehouse Station NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
I am glad I had my hyst too, except for the hormone issue for 16 years. I had severe endometriosis. All my organs had to be removed, scraped off and put back in. My colon was not back correctly and it developed a right angle and became hard which has led to other problems. I lost lots of blood, was in the hospital for a week and recovery took 3 months. Then there was the nurse that took a tube (for my rear to help relieve gas) out of the trash to use on me because she was too tired to go down the hall to the supply cabinet.

Lou, Did you have your ovaries removed? Was it a vaginal or abdominal hyst?

Thanks, Nancy

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
I had a partial hysterectomy at age 32. It was a wonderful experience. I had a few other things taken care of at the same time, recovery was quick and I tell all my girlfriends "Greatest surgery a women could have", I gained back my energy level .

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(982 posts)
This is long, so please bear with me.

I’m 58 and had a complete hysterectomy in 1987 when I was in my 34. I was immediately plunged into menopause. While I'm glad I had the hysterectomy, I am upset that doctors were (and many still are) so damned ignorant about hormones and Testosterone in particular. Within 3 years I lost ALL my pubic hair in front. I didn't have the internet to do research so I figured it was pantyhose that wore it off.

I managed my menopause symptoms of hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal health, moodiness, sleeplessness, etc. with different estrogen pills. But no doctor ever mentioned that removing my ovaries resulted in the loss of my sex drive and many other things. The result? No libido. None. And I didn’t understand why. Testosterone is what gives us the ability to desire sex, lubricate and orgasm. I got old. I thought old, looked old, dressed old and was old. I managed my menopause symptoms with different estrogen pills. Then came the estrogen scare in 2002. I tried to get off of the estrogen and couldn’t due to extreme hot flashes and night sweats.

Most people don't realize that removing our ovaries is the same as castrating a man. Doctors would NEVER just arbitrarily remove a man's testicles like they do a woman's ovaries.

I moved to Arizona in 2001 and in 2003, read a newsletter from my gyn about Bioidentical Subcutaneous Hormone Pellets. These tiny pellets are made up of either estrogen or testosterone. In the beginning I got them every 12 weeks. Now I can go 4-6 months. It's a simple office procedure. My gyn numbs an area on my hip, makes a small incision, inserts the pellets, puts a band-aid on and off I go! I get 2 estrogen pellets which are 25mg each, and 2 testosterone pellets of 37.5mgs each. I will get these pellets as long as I am able. Hopefully till I die.

I have to say they changed my life. First of all the menopause symptoms went away. But the absolute best was the increase in sex drive. Orgasm, lubrication, desire went through the roof. But not only did my sex drive come back in full force, but my self-image has increased my confidence level has improved and I'm more outgoing. I've never felt better in my life. Testosterone can improve the collagen in our skin which gives us our youthful looks. So, getting my hormones balanced as in our youth, but without the ups and downs of a women’s monthly cycle is basically what is responsible for my looking and feeling younger.

I pay $150 for the insert and $30 per pellet.

My husband got pellets a year ago and while he might be 61, his penis and sex drive thinks he's 25! We have sex 3-5 times on the weekends and quite a few times during the week. The are FDA approved for men under the name of Testopel, but not for women. Surprised? Not me. It has become my mission and passion to help women regain what surgical and and natural menopause takes away. I have a Yahoo Support group for the pellets with over 470 members. I'm on every medical forum in the menopause / hysterectomy sections, and a moderator in one. I've helped women as far away as the UK and New Zealand find doctors that do the pellets. lol, someone here might actually know who I am!

I believe in women feeling sexy, being sexual and knowing there are options for life after menopause or hysterectomy.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you'd like more information.

Greeneyes

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
Yes, a male doc.

Also welcoming you. Usually quite an interesting place, these women's threads.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7271 posts)
Pdxcowgirl!

Welcome to the SLS forums, great picture!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
I was 34 when I had a hysterectomy and had one ovary removed, mainly b/c of fibroids, partly b/c of heavy periods and lots of pain. I was supposed to only have laparoscopic surgery to remove the fibroids, but they were twisted around the left ovary, and the doc went ahead and removed it and my uterus. I was NOT happy. I cried for a long time about it because I did not know it was going to happen like that. Looking back, we could've sued, but what would that have solved?

Okay. The plusses: no periods. My one ovary does its job adequately enough to not need or have to consider hormone replacement. The minuses? I'm not sure there are any other than some emotional crap regarding the way in which this was handled. If you know beforehand, then I'd say it won't be a difficult thing.

Weight gain is an excuse. But your body does have to recuperate. It's been a pleasure to not have to worry about birth control. I do have hot flashes, which are increasing now that I'm in my 50s. For a little while right after the surgery, I wasn't sure if I had complete control of my bladder, but that only happened a couple of times at night while recuperating. It worried me immensely, but turned out I only had to regain control of that muscle area through doing kegels, etc.

I don't remember any problems with my skin, bloating, etc. I am already a moody, sensitive person, so I can't say for sure if that got worse or not because of a physical change. That time in my life was difficult all on its own.

if you are confident and have some support, then I think you would do well. it's your decision to make, so please trust your gut feeling on what you choose to do with your body. Good luck. Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7271 posts)
I had cysts all over my uterus. Ablation wouldn't take care of most of them, so I dealt with the pain and long bleeds until finally I was bleeding continuously for 6 weeks.

So I had a partial hysterectomy in 2009. I am loving life now. No bleeding, no pain. Since I have my ovaries, my mood is the same as before. Sex is awesome too.

It was the best thing I ever did.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(99 posts)
I had a partial hysterectomy in 2007 due to severe endometriosis and adenomyosis. I was fortunate to have a doctor who was among the first to perform a laproscopic hysterectomy. Four tiny incisions, and only 3 weeks off work, it was the best thing I ever did! I have not experienced any changes in mood, sex drive, or ability to orgasm... Although I do still have my ovaries. Best of luck to you in finding a resolution! I know all too well about this kind of pain and no woman should have to endure it for long.

Apollo PA
Username hidden
(741 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   71 to 80 of 94   End
TOPIC: Hysterectomy