Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Women Talk Hysterectomy
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   41 to 50 of 95   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I just had the novasure ablation last Wed, my doctor recommended it, because she said a lot of insurance companies want to try this first before a hysterectomy. What a difference, went from bleeding 3 weeks out of 4 and cramps so bad they put me in a fetal position, to slight discharge for 1-2 weeks, no pain and I have energy. My doctor said body was not recovering from periods and I was borderline anemic. I go back on Tue for my release from her, but I feel great, and only 2 days off from work, and no cutting.

Shamokin PA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
Thanks, Greeneyes. That is great info! @lou124. I'm glad you had such a great outcome :)

I have an appointment this month with the gyno, so we'll see how big these darn fibroids are and what the game plan is.

Has anyone taken Lupron or Depo-Provera before their hysterectomy? I heard it shrinks them so you can have the robotic surgery, but I've been researching the side effects, and they are truly frightening!

-Mrs. Muir

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
I started a Yahoo Group in support of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy with almost 500 members. Many are in natural menopause but there are lots of us that are in surgical menopause.

I am one of those that is glad to have had the hysterectomy. What I regret is my doc not telling me about testosterone after he removed my ovaries. Ovaries are repsonsible for the production of estrogen and testosterone. I spent 16 years with no sex drive.

Many, many women in my group had hysterectomies and usually fall into 3 categories: happy, pissed and misdiagnosed.

There are so many whose lives are falling apart because of the surgeries and especially those with no ovaries. Women who experienced cervical orgasms no longer can if the cervix was removed. Nerves can be damaged which affect many things.

It's kind of a crap shoot as to what group any woman will fall in. What i do know, is the women that are doing great without using hormones is very rare.

My recommendation is to get 2-3 opinions. Message me and join my group if for no other reason to read the archives about all of this. There are other sites to read as well.

Here are the symptoms of low E and T when the ovaries are removed.

Symptoms of Low/No Estrogen: • Anxiety (inner restlessness, feeling panicky)

• Bladder problems (difficulty in urinating, increased need to urinate, bladder incontinence) • Bone loss • Depressive mood (feeling down, sad, on the verge of tears, lack of drive, mood swings.) • Dry Skin • Dryness of vagina (sensation of dryness or burning in the vagina, difficulty with sexual intercourse • Foggy thinking • Headaches / migraines • Heart discomfort (unusual awareness of heart beat, heart skipping, heart racing, tightness) • Hot flashes, sweating (episodes of sweating) • Irritability (feeling nervous, inner tension, feeling aggressive, I want to slap my husband silly) • Joint and muscular discomfort (pain in the joints, rheumatoid complaints) • Night Sweats • Physical and mental exhaustion (general decrease in performance, impaired memory, decrease in concentration, forgetfulness) • Sexual problems (change in sexual desire, in sexual activity and satisfaction) • Sleep problems (difficulty in falling asleep, difficulty in sleeping through the night, waking up early

Symptoms of Low/No Testosterone include: • Blunted motivation • Bone loss • Decreased libido • Decreased orgasmic response • Decreased sensitivity of breast and genital tissues • Depression • Diminished feeling of well being • Diminished sexual pleasure • Fatigue, prolonged • Fibromyalgia • General aches/pains • Heart palpitations • Incontinence • Loss or thinning of pubic hair • Low energy • Memory problems • Mental fuzziness • Muscle weakness • Thinning skin • Vaginal dryness

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
Ghost--I can honestly say my libido before my hysterectomy was nothing and I rarely had orgasms. It has been 19 years and my sex drive has increased every year and it takes nothing but the simple touch and here come the orgasms. I have not had discomfort or pain during sex and yes some positions feel amazing now. I believe it is like many things in the life everyone talks about the bad and no one talks about the good.. I always say it is the great surgery a woman can have.

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(1009 posts)
I am also interested in hearing from women who have had hysterectomies, as I am facing this decision because of HUGE fibroids, heavy bleeding, anemia, abdominal pain, etc. My only reservation is that I am afraid of a diminished libido and an inability to achieve orgasm afterwards, as well as pain during sex. We've all heard the horror stories. It would be great to hear some positive stories :)

East Fishkill NY
Username hidden
(3613 posts)
Ttrouble, welcome to the forums and heal well!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
I am 8-days post-op hysterectomy. Glad to see so many positive posts!

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(5 posts)
Scars make people interesting.

Green eyes, if you want to reply to a post, why not just copy/paste into your reply, then delete tht part? Maybe that's taking the long way around, but that would work for me. I tend to just write "duh" a lot when I can't remember what I'm posting to, or to whom.

My poor little right ovary is like the little engine that could: I think I can, I think I can...chug away little ovary, at least until it's time for you to retire for good. :(

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7570 posts)
"Nowhere else are there as fun people as well as so many douchebags to laugh at!"

Truer words......

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
Akron, Glad you checked that out. MDJunction is not a large site, but a pretty good and open-minded one.

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   41 to 50 of 95   End
TOPIC: Hysterectomy