Hysterectomy : Swingers Discussion 2028451031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkHysterectomy
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   31 to 40 of 94   End
User Details are only visible to members.
They're all women.

White Hse Sta NJ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
Reading this is genuinely alarming!

Why do so many women have fibroid problems? what do all these women have in common?

Birth control pills? What?

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16805 posts)
There must be a limit to the length of a post. I had to keep deleting until I wouldn't get an error message. Here are more comments from women in my group.

WOMAN C: I have a fibroid. I had a Novasure ablation. The ablation sometimes get rid of fibroids. My GYN said that if I still had issues after the ablation he could go in with a scope and just remove the fibroid. I think they can also do the removal at the same time as the ablation. Your doc might be more willing to give you E if you had an ablation plus had the fibroid removed. Not all GYN do these procedures though. I would ask about them if I were you.

WOMAN D: The hysterectomy you mentioned would be tempting for me as well. It would be a hard decision. I was not offered one though so I did not have to decide. I had my ablation a year ago and I am so happy with my results.

WOMAN E: I agree whole heartedly with all that have replied in regards to not "jumping into" doing anything about that fibroid. You really need to decide how much pain (if it IS the fibroid causing it) you have and figure out if it would be worth it to you to have a hysterectomy. I have been to three different doc's over the past 7 or so years .. everyone of them has "recommended" hysterectomy because of my fibroids. (I have many .. ) My fibroids are not causing me any problems, so why do I need to have a hysterectomy? Just my opinion .. but if a hysterectomy should be suggested, really do your own homework before you decide. (Do not take what your doctor tells you as "gospel".)

WOMAN A: I agree with the above poster - even if your gyn recommends hysterectomy, that doesn't mean you have to go that route. Even ACOG says that 76% of hysterectomies don't meet their criteria. If the fibroid continues to cause problems, you could have a myomectomy to just remove the fibroid but it may be difficult to find a doctor who has the skill and/or will do it versus hysterectomy (which is easier and more profitable).

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
I've mentioned that I started a Yahoo group about BHRT hormones. We've had over 1400 posts this year so far and almost 3400 last year. I tried to copy some of the posts in my above email but kept getting an error message so it might have been too long. I'll try again.

Remember, I'm not against hysterectomy. I'm glad I had mine in spite of 16 years of aging and no libido. I believe we need to know both sides of an issue and try to be objective. These are just a few of the posts from women in my group.

WOMAN A: I developed a 9cm complex ovarian cystadenoma that caused one day of moderate pain. I was still having normal periods and not on any hormones (although I'd taken oral contraceptives off and on over the years). Despite a benign frozen section, my gyn removed both ovaries and my uterus. I wish I'd known more about the tactics used by many gyns and the high rate of unnecessary female organ removal. The loss of my parts caused me to lose over half my head and pubic hair (but not other body hair). Texture and color also changed overnight - head hair finer with gray at temples (had no gray before), pubic hair coarser and graying.

My veins became much more visible after my hyst too. But I think it was mostly due to the loss of skin collagen. My surgery was in the spring and when I pulled out all my summer shoes just shy of 2 months post-op, they were all loose! My pores are also more visible and my skin just looks old. The hair changes and loss also aged me overnight. I had rapid loss of muscle mass after my hyst.

I had a hysterectomy which was totally unwarranted. All my gyn should have removed was an ovarian cyst or one ovary. I regret it. Just as they can do lumpectomies for breast cancer or benign tumors, they can also remove JUST THE FIBROIDS (myomectomy is one procedure) leaving the uterus intact. But many gyns don't have these skills or recommend hysterectomy because it's easier and quicker (time is $$$) and oftentimes insurance reimbursement rates aren't any better for myomectomy.

According to ACOG, 70% of hysts are inappropriately recommended. So you could get many opinions and all may recommend hysterectomy.

There are anatomical / skeletal / physique changes in addition to hormonal / endocrine effects. The uterine ligaments that must be severed are the support structures for the pelvis. After hysterectomy, the spine will gradually compress and the rib cage will descend. This leads to a big belly, no waist, and back and hip pain. The descent of the bladder and bowel can cause problems too.

In regards to physical relationship - I had good libido and response before my hyst. Libido is pretty much non-existent and response is more miss than hit and much less intense. There's a video in Youtube called "female anatomy the functions of the female organs." Watch it.

Also, do a web search for "post hysterectomy syndrome." I have a nurse friend whose job is in quality assurance for a hospital. She said that 90% of female charts she reviews have hysterectomy in their medical history.

I can't put the link for myomectomy on Mayo clinic website. But search "myomectomy" and look at Mayo Clinics information.

WOMAN B: I am currently 54 and had a partial hyst. (kept one ovary) when I was 35 due to all the problems associated with fibroids. Was it medically necessary, no. Did I feel better, yes 100%.... At that time I had to have an abdominal hyst. So I do have a scar and the recovery was a few weeks. I don't want to make light of surgery, but for me it really did improve my quality of life.

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
I believe it's a decision that a woman and her doctor make when quality of life is diminished to the point that everyday living is difficult and the problems can't be fixed with medication or other non-surgical procedures. Every woman has her own level of comfort, pain and ability to deal with the problems, so there is no set rule. Of course, I'm not talking about cancer.

It's not a cure-all or easy fix. Having a total hysterectomy (TAH-BSO) is life altering, sometimes good and sometimes bad and sometimes both. Removing a woman's ovaries is like removing a man's testicles. A woman is thrown into menopause immediately.

I can't get this to post. I keep getting an error message. So, sorry if it's posted many times.

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(177 posts)
Not sure how they determine, but my doctor told me when she did the ablation, that she also found polups on my uterus, which she had to remove and they did 2 ultasounds and found out that the lining of my uterus was twice as thick as it was suppose to be, but she is confident that this took care of my problems. I don't know how to act going without bleeding or spotting now for 1 week. Lol. Thank you Kind, I like this pic to, but I love that black dress of yours.

Shamokin PA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
I'm reading all these posts and I'm blown away. How is it determined that a woman needs a hysterectomy? Is it when your periods become irregular?

Forgive my ignorance, I'm completely clueless on this topic.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16805 posts)
I tried everything! Pills to regulate did NOT work. They couldn't do the Novasure because my uterus was too small but didn't know until they tried, so then I had the balloon ablation which did NOT work! So I ended up having a hysterectomy anyway. I'm 2 1/2 weeks post-op and doing great so far. If anyone who has fibroids should not have ablations, do your research first, they can't get all the tissue and you will end up having a hysterectomy anyway. This happened to my best friend. She ended up in the ER in excruciating pain and bleeding a yr after her ablation. She had fibroids and should have had a hysterectomy from the start. Good luck to those making decisions :-)

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(5 posts)
I tried everything! Pills to regulate did NOT work. They couldn't do the Novasure because my uterus was too small but didn't know until they tried, so then I had the balloon ablation which did NOT work! So I ended up having a hysterectomy anyway. I'm 2 1/2 weeks post-op and doing great so far. If anyone who has fibroids should not have ablations, do your research first, they can't get all the tissue and you will end up having a hysterectomy anyway. This happened to my best friend. She ended up in the ER in excruciating pain and bleeding a yr after her ablation. She had fibroids and should have had a hysterectomy from the start. Good luck to those making decisions :-)

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(5 posts)
I just had the novasure ablation last Wed, my doctor recommended it, because she said a lot of insurance companies want to try this first before a hysterectomy. What a difference, went from bleeding 3 weeks out of 4 and cramps so bad they put me in a fetal position, to slight discharge for 1-2 weeks, no pain and I have energy. My doctor said body was not recovering from periods and I was borderline anemic. I go back on Tue for my release from her, but I feel great, and only 2 days off from work, and no cutting.

Shamokin PA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Start   31 to 40 of 94   End
TOPIC: Hysterectomy