Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Women Talk › Hysterectomy
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 13  Next »
31 to 40 of 130
User Details are only visible to members.
I will also point out that most of the responses you will get here will be positive, most women will not stay in the lifestyle if the surgery goes badly for them. We are out of the lifestyle, I only hang around the fora because I have been posting here for years, and in all honesty there are many days I read it with tears in my eyes.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21526 posts)
I see the original post was deleted but I can see more or less what things are about from all the other replies....

Just to chime in.... I had to get my uterus removed, (retained everything else) due to a fibroid...sex was painful before its removal to say the least. after the recovery time and getting back into the swing of things..... I was like a new woman...sex was once again amazing and fun for me, something to enjoy again.

Any kind of operation is tough and as others noted not to be taken lightly. I Had to have it done, and though I agonized over the choice...for me it worked out. I am so glad I did it. And best of all orgasms and different types too.

berr

Bradenton FL
Username hidden
(113 posts)
I noticed a big difference but not from the loss of the cervix. I think mine is more hormonal. My hormones were working full blast before they removed my ovaries. Hubby can't tell a difference.

The hormones didn't seem to make a huge difference. I upped the dosage three times. I've been without them for about three weeks are my warm spells and night sweats are the same if not less.

I do keep getting BV, a bacterial imbalance but I think it has to do with hormones.

I know women that taken it is stride but I found it really difficult. I also developed a blood clot in my leg and possibly a heart attack. It took about a year to resume normal activities.

I don't recommend taking a hysterectomy lightly but you do whatcha gotta do.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(955 posts)
huge changes after hysterectomy to sex life for me, and not for the better. I retained my cervix and one ovary, removal of uterus, fallopian tubes, one ovary. I have been to Physical Therapy for several months several times a week, and am currently looking into some very pricey, not covered by insurance things to possibly help. Strong libido, so that isn't an issue for me.

If you are not going to die if you do not have a hyster, I personally wouldn't recommend having one, others mileage will vary.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21526 posts)
Need some insight into after hysterectomy sex. I ve been on HRT for years (love it) and I"ll continue. Just wondering if you or your partner see a difference in intercourse..ie.. no cervix…etc. Also recovery time. Mine will be robotic surgery.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(7 posts)
@greeneyes...amen

Louisa VA
Username hidden
(13 posts)
Bio identical hormones have helped me as I go thru peri menopause. Found a great Dr in my area. Feeling great, lost weight, sleep better!

Houston TX
Username hidden
(2725 posts)
Southern, A woman's choice to have a hysterectomy is very personal and she usually received lots of information. What is not freely given, are the many side effects from having one.

TAH-BSO which is what you will be having is basically the same as a man having his testicles and prostate removed. So you can imagine the symptoms of no estrogen and testosterone.

You will be slammed into surgical menopause pretty much immediately. I agree, get on the patch or some kind of hormone quickly. However, remember that estrogen does not work alone. We need Testosterone to be in balance with estrogen.

Imagine a car with the oil but no gas. No matter how long, how hard you push on the gas pedal (clit) or how much you wish the car would go, it won't. It has no gas (testosterone).

Please do NOT let your doctor try to convince you that you do not need testosterone. It's simply not true. So, I recommend getting Estrogen and Testosterone in the form of creams, gels, troches, sublinguals or pellets as soon as you are healed and are able.

Please email me if you want more information or want to join my bioidentical hormone yahoo group or FB group. You will find wonderful support from many women.

Good luck. Take care of yourself, let your family and friends pamper you and do for you. You are having major surgery that will take time to heal and you need plenty of rest and support.

Just remember, sex can be better than ever and you can feel better than ever after hysterectomy as long let yourself heal properly, take care of yourself and you give your body the hormones it needs.

Again, please don't hesitate to email me for information or support.

Greeneyes

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(178 posts)
Well I got to choose my partial hysterectomy years ago because of another physical problem in that area... It was the BEST thing I ever did... Not sure how things would be different if I had ovaries removed but I luved not having the PMS anymore... Not sure on the sex cuz did not have a good marriage then....

Elmira NY
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Some of your posts made me have tears (no Akron, not Hump's) in my eyes.

I'm also stealing the quote.

This is a good subject and a good way to weed out about love/sex/times of abstainance and times of reconnection. Thanks. i understand now why sometimes my husband is very gentle with his approaches; it's out of respect for whatever weird thing I'm going through, or have been through, not out of lack of desire for me. We talked about this extensively after my mom and one of my best friend's died. I kind of pulled away a bit, as he did also when his mom died. It's self protection: you don't want to think about also losing the very person who means the most to you, so you pull away a bit. We understood that with each other. The strange thing about that is that that's when I need sex/touch/desire the most but didn't, at the time, know how to express that. Now I do. And now I'm not afraid to.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7602 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 13  Next »
31 to 40 of 130
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.