Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Women Talk › Hysterectomy
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 13  Next »
21 to 30 of 130
User Details are only visible to members.
If they are worried at all about cancer, they will want to go through the abdomen. Otherwise they can generally cut everything into pieces and pull it out through the vagina.

If they have to go through the abdomen, any decent surgeon will go through a bikini-line scar through the abdomen.

They couldn't give me any good odds about the vaginal route, so I had a plastic surgeon do the abdominal incision and give me a tummy tuck while they were at it. My female organs weighed two lbs and the extra skin and fat only weighed 1/2 lb but now I have a flat tummy!

I was not advisor that you requested but perhaps the information is not all bad. ; )

Irving TX
Username hidden
(958 posts)
Has anyone on here have a hyst where they went in vaginally? I am seriously considering a hyst due to my endometriosis and adenomyosis. However, my uterus is enlarged due to the adeno, so I am afraid they'll have to go in through the abdomen. I'm ok with them going thru my c-section scar if they have to. I just don't want them to have to make a new, vertical incision. :(

Wailuku HI
Username hidden
(2094 posts)
Thank you.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1874 posts)
Best wishes for the best possible outcome from your Hyster.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21532 posts)
I had a hysterectomy due to a huge fibroid five weeks ago, and all went well. I got the all clear from the doctor today. The operation itself wasn't so bad, except for my reaction to the anesthesia had me throwing up for ten hours, despite Zofran. The pain was like Freddy Kruger reached in me and that was only bad for about a week and a half. I was in as an outpatient overnight- not sure how that all works, but I'm glad I was there for the overnight. What a relief not having that fibroid disrupting my insides.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1874 posts)
Never trust autocorrect.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(958 posts)
It totally changed. Totally.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21532 posts)
Yes, it feels different but I think it is from hormones. I often have a burning sensation. I'm still working on it a year and a half later. My friends said it was the best thing that ever happened to them do not everyone agrees.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(958 posts)
I was having minor spotting . Biopsy came back negative. Have scheduled surgery for Dec. 28th.I'm 99% sure this is the way to go. My biggest concern is does intercourse feel different after complete hysterectomy. I like the idea of no more concerns of cancer etc.. but I really like how i feel now and want to stay this way. Any one out there that has had this experience?

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(7 posts)
Hugs trooperandpirategirl . :(

Bradenton FL
Username hidden
(113 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 13  Next »
21 to 30 of 130
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.