Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Women Talk › Hysterectomy
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 13  Next »
11 to 20 of 127
User Details are only visible to members.
Years ago, I had a laparoscopic tubal ligation. That was when I was officially diagnosed with Stage 4 endometriosis. The doctor said it looked like a bomb had gone off inside my pelvic area. I had so many endo implants and adhesions stuck to and wrapped around everything, she was amazed I was crippled with pain every day. In the last 2 years, the doctor thinks I may have developed adenomyosis as well. (My uterus is enlarged and "mushy" and I have this permanent pot belly now.) The cramping and breakthrough bleeding is near constant now. (I am on continuous BC to help control the endo.) I take 800 mg ibuprofen just to get thru the day.

What makes it all even tougher is that I have a uterine deformity, so most docs don't want to do anything for me except a hyst. My current gyno has really stuck with me and while has pushed for a hyst starting years ago, she is patient and follows my lead. I am thankful for that.

But the near constant pain and bleeding is wearing me down.

Wailuku HI
Username hidden
(1887 posts)
When the wife had her hysterectomy done they used a bikini cut on her. Then they took everything out. Then came the radiation.

Lyons NY
Username hidden
(1762 posts)
I would have had them just remove the fibroid if possible, personally. Sometimes Drs do not want to do it that way because its easier for them just to remove stuff that is not meant to be removed. I have a friend from NY that had to go to 3 drs to find one that would just take out her huge fibroid, but she did and it has been great. She and I have had many many talks. Sadly there was no option for that for me.

hers foundation has some great information on some of the very real complications/side effects. I would highly recommend anyone considering the surgery to research. Hystersisters is another, but they are more sunshine and light in the main forum, but they also have some area's where these are discussed.

As for me, I'm currently looking at 2 different procedures that each cost about $2,500 each NOT covered by insurance. Joy. this is on top of the 1,500 we spent out of pocket last year with the Physical Therapist, she helped some what.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21085 posts)
My cervix and ovaries was left in. They took out the fallopian tubes and the uterus and a very large fibroid, out through my navel. I opted for the surgery, because the pressure from the fibroid on my other organs caused me to vomit almost every day, and my digestion was slowing down. Now I can bend at the waist without my guts feeling like they are going to come up my throat.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1872 posts)
Oh and if I had to do it over again (and had to have it done) I would have opted to have them open my c-section scar. Because I'm so active that actually would have healed better faster for me.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21085 posts)
mine was a laperscopic procedure. I know there are those that think that hyster is the best thing that ever happened to them, but my advise is to only have it done if you are literally going to die if you don't. If you do, I wouldn't have the cervix removed unless you really have to, the vagina is not meant to be closed on the top like a sock.

I had to have mine, I was going septic from a ruptured tube. I would gladly take back the horrible labor like pains that left me in fetal position to not have had the surgery.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21085 posts)
I've had both ways done. As a 34 year old, I was diagnosed and treated for endometriosis. I had the uterus removed vaginally in a LAVH (laparascopic assist vaginal hyster) with no complications and a quick recovery. About 9 years ago, I had problems with cysts and a very large one resulted in the surgicalremoval of my ovaries, tubes and appendix through a lower abdominal "bikini" incision, with no serious complications. {knocking on wood here}.

Good luck!

Mrs U

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(5060 posts)
If they are worried at all about cancer, they will want to go through the abdomen. Otherwise they can generally cut everything into pieces and pull it out through the vagina.

If they have to go through the abdomen, any decent surgeon will go through a bikini-line scar through the abdomen.

They couldn't give me any good odds about the vaginal route, so I had a plastic surgeon do the abdominal incision and give me a tummy tuck while they were at it. My female organs weighed two lbs and the extra skin and fat only weighed 1/2 lb but now I have a flat tummy!

I was not advisor that you requested but perhaps the information is not all bad. ; )

Irving TX
Username hidden
(849 posts)
Has anyone on here have a hyst where they went in vaginally? I am seriously considering a hyst due to my endometriosis and adenomyosis. However, my uterus is enlarged due to the adeno, so I am afraid they'll have to go in through the abdomen. I'm ok with them going thru my c-section scar if they have to. I just don't want them to have to make a new, vertical incision. :(

Wailuku HI
Username hidden
(1887 posts)
Thank you.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1872 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 13  Next »
11 to 20 of 127
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.