Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Women Talk › Hysterectomy
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
Created by: Rdy2play123 The original post for this thread was deleted.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 13  Next »
1 to 10 of 127
User Details are only visible to members.
Its not always just low sex drive. You have to take into account how many nerves they cut through as well...some regenerate, some don't in some women. About 40% of women who have a hyster have some sort of sexual dysfunction, it can be no sex drive, anorgasmia, pelvic floor tightening, lack of sensation, lack of lubrication, and many more.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21336 posts)
Wow, I am so surprised to see so many ladies have a low sex interest, drive following your hyster. I thought my wife was the only one that it happened too. Quess I need to back off and understand what she is and has gone through.

Lyons NY
Username hidden
(1846 posts)
BC pills have actually been a godsend for me. My estrogen was so high that I had near constant migraines...like 5 days out of 7. My androgens were so high that I had HORRIBLE, painful, ugly cystic acne and mega-oily skin. I got seriously depressed. Being 40 years old with a constant headache and acne worse than when I was a teen was really hard to deal with emotionally. Not to mention the cramping and bleeding that would happen whenever.

Going on spironolactone and BC pills turned my life around. My acne started going away within a week! My hormones leveled off and I could go a week without waking up in agony every with a headache.

The lack of libido side effect didn't start to kick in until the last 2 years which unfortunately also corresponds with my dad having a massive stroke and me being thrust into the role of caregiver. Related? Oh probably. Just can't feel sexy after bathing and toileting my dad and getting maybe 2 hours of sleep at night. Know what I mean?

Wailuku HI
Username hidden
(2049 posts)
I never have a problem with my sex drive while on ovacon 50mg. Was my pill of choice for about 10 years. No side effects to it at all. That low dose stuff they gave me later? Had to take 3 which made me feel ill :(

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21336 posts)
I would think anything would be better than taking all that birth control. A regular dose was miserable for me. I had no desire for sex - or people in general. I was totally flat emotionally. I wouldn't think that a hysterectomy could mess you up much more than the birth control pills and all the physical crap you are already going through.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(907 posts)
I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of this, PG. That is ROUGH. I've been thru bleeding episodes where I would be taking 3 BC pills a day to control bleeding, too. Made me feel AWFUL; woozy and nauseous and constant headaches.

I had asked about ablation years ago, but was told because of my uterine deformity, ablation was out of the question. I've been considering a hyst for years now. I was always holding out hope that menopause would come early for me, but it doesn't look like it.

I'm already having a hard time with my hormones now. I have virtually zero libido...which makes being involved in the lifestyle really "challenging". (I'd much rather binge-watch "Breaking Bad" than even think about having sex.) I've tried topical testosterone and it did nothing. I think my SHBG is just so high (because of the BC pills) that any and all T is quickly bound up. I'm trying Nettle tea, but it's probably pointless.

Wailuku HI
Username hidden
(2049 posts)
Not in pain anymore well at least not if I continue to do PT stuff. Just like Lily Von Shtupp, everything below the waist is kaput! Sexually frustrated because I still desire sex, but ain't nothing there so to speak.

It will be a long time before I get to try out the procedures I'd like to try, always seems to be other things to take up our money, like replacing our car that has 290,000 miles on it.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21336 posts)
I had the vaginal hysterectomy a little over a year ago and the HRT hadn't been great but health is and that's the main thing , cancer cells all gone. No sex drive at all to a healthy one for my fiancé, and night sweats finally gone for the most part. I hope soon you will be feeling better !!

Houston TX
Username hidden
(2709 posts)
Good luck with the new procedures, PG. Sorry you are in a lot of pain.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1873 posts)
I developed adenomyosis from my ablation (which I had because the only thing that would keep me from bleeding was 3 bc pills a day) closing my cervix with scar tissue. it totally made my uterus into a gross looking thing . The blood also traveled up a Fallopian tube and ruptured where I had my tubal, which then acted as hose to totally encase my ovary on that side and other things. It was pulling things so oddly that my back was bowing inspite of going to the chiro weekly.

Sadly sometimes there is no other options then hyster :(

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21336 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 13  Next »
1 to 10 of 127
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.