Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Women Talk › Hysterectomy
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
Created by: Rdy2play123 The original post for this thread was deleted.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 11  Next »
1 to 10 of 105
User Details are only visible to members.
Never trust autocorrect.

Carrollton TX
Username hidden
(701 posts)
It totally changed. Totally.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20793 posts)
Yes, it feels different but I think it is from hormones. I often have a burning sensation. I'm still working on it a year and a half later. My friends said it was the best thing that ever happened to them do not everyone agrees.

Carrollton TX
Username hidden
(701 posts)
I was having minor spotting . Biopsy came back negative. Have scheduled surgery for Dec. 28th.I'm 99% sure this is the way to go. My biggest concern is does intercourse feel different after complete hysterectomy. I like the idea of no more concerns of cancer etc.. but I really like how i feel now and want to stay this way. Any one out there that has had this experience?

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(6 posts)
Hugs trooperandpirategirl . :(

Fort Myers FL
Username hidden
(86 posts)
I will also point out that most of the responses you will get here will be positive, most women will not stay in the lifestyle if the surgery goes badly for them. We are out of the lifestyle, I only hang around the fora because I have been posting here for years, and in all honesty there are many days I read it with tears in my eyes.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20793 posts)
I see the original post was deleted but I can see more or less what things are about from all the other replies....

Just to chime in.... I had to get my uterus removed, (retained everything else) due to a fibroid...sex was painful before its removal to say the least. after the recovery time and getting back into the swing of things..... I was like a new woman...sex was once again amazing and fun for me, something to enjoy again.

Any kind of operation is tough and as others noted not to be taken lightly. I Had to have it done, and though I agonized over the choice...for me it worked out. I am so glad I did it. And best of all orgasms and different types too.

berr

Fort Myers FL
Username hidden
(86 posts)
I noticed a big difference but not from the loss of the cervix. I think mine is more hormonal. My hormones were working full blast before they removed my ovaries. Hubby can't tell a difference.

The hormones didn't seem to make a huge difference. I upped the dosage three times. I've been without them for about three weeks are my warm spells and night sweats are the same if not less.

I do keep getting BV, a bacterial imbalance but I think it has to do with hormones.

I know women that taken it is stride but I found it really difficult. I also developed a blood clot in my leg and possibly a heart attack. It took about a year to resume normal activities.

I don't recommend taking a hysterectomy lightly but you do whatcha gotta do.

Carrollton TX
Username hidden
(701 posts)
huge changes after hysterectomy to sex life for me, and not for the better. I retained my cervix and one ovary, removal of uterus, fallopian tubes, one ovary. I have been to Physical Therapy for several months several times a week, and am currently looking into some very pricey, not covered by insurance things to possibly help. Strong libido, so that isn't an issue for me.

If you are not going to die if you do not have a hyster, I personally wouldn't recommend having one, others mileage will vary.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20793 posts)
Need some insight into after hysterectomy sex. I ve been on HRT for years (love it) and I"ll continue. Just wondering if you or your partner see a difference in intercourse..ie.. no cervix…etc. Also recovery time. Mine will be robotic surgery.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(6 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 11  Next »
1 to 10 of 105
TOPIC: Hysterectomy
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.