Homemade Products : Swingers Discussion 168428
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkHomemade Products
TOPIC: Homemade Products
Created by: savandwin
Original Starting post for this thread:
Exfoliating Body Scrub

Tired of spending 10.00 or more on a good scrub ? This scrub both exfoliates and moisturizes and smells wonderful without interfering with your favorite perfume. It leaves me skin super soft and doesn't break the bank; I use it daily.

Using a tight sealing jar Start with about 3/4 cup Virgin Oil Oil add 1 TBS of dried crushed Thyme ( or favorite Herb) ...stir together . Add slowly 1 Cup Sugar ( Raw works best but Cane will do just fine) continue mixing until you have a very thick paste about the texture of cookie dough. Before closing jar cover with a thin layer of Olive Oil .........stir and use in the shower or tub. Caution tub may become slippery so be sure to rinse well to avoid an accident. Keep tightly sealed and away from pets............my kitties always want to lick the jar lol. If you prefer a more floral scent any type of fragrant oil can be substituted for the Thyme In a Nice Jar with a pretty Bow this makes a lovely gift as well. (Christmas is getting close UGHHHHH) Anyone else have a great homemade product they swear by for the body or household chores?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
I've never made a sugar scrub, but I should.

A friend of mine had a mix of olive oil and crushed aspirin for her face mask. It worked pretty well.

I'm partial to vinegar for most of my clever solutions.

It's amazing how useful Benzol Peroxide, olive oil, and vinegar are. Not together though.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(100 posts)
I do an extra virgin olive oil plus sugar scrub for feet, and I do my husband's feet with it. It's really nice afterwards. Rinse lightly.

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7302 posts)
Actually, Shell ~ as long as you're using a light oil, it would be good for your skin. Just like oily skin still needs moisturizer. Skin oil and oil that moisturizes are totally different. I can't remember off the top of my head what the lighter oils are, but most health food stores carry a good variety.

Just remembered two other great exfoliators ~ rice or some kinds of beans run thru a coffee grinder. I worked at the Body Shop and they sold ground adzuki beans that were to be mixed with water to make a scrub. FABULOUS stuff! They also sold a rice body scrub that was friggin' amazing. It was full of moisturizers (b/c the rice wouldn't break down) and had a plain, kinda earthy scent and wasn't very popular, but that stuff was incredible! I miss my coffee grinder for the sole reason that I can't whip that stuff up anymore.

I think that the best thing I ever made was a facial cleanser. Oatmeal, pineapple juice, rosewater, some basic, simple soap. My skin never looked better. I had to store it in the fridge, tho ~ and regularly douse the sink drain w/ Drano. The juice and oatmeal attracted bugs. I think that's why I gave up on it. :(

Jackson MS
Username hidden
(494 posts)
Sometimes ya just can't beat homemade products, cures and fix alls lol. I use to have a list of more than 50 uses for Peroxide sadly the only 2 I can remember and still use are pure Peroxide removes blood stains and gargling with 1 part Peroxide to 2 parts water several times a day stops Streph throat before it starts and has cured it where antibotics have failed.

I like the Baby Oil idea especially when I'm going for a more floral smell.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5389 posts)
Great ideas! My face is so oily though.....I use benzoyl peroxide cleanser and the St. Ives exhilherating scrub. Anything with oil would have me breaking out like crazy!!

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
I make something similar! Usually baby oil, rather than olive. I just don't like the smell of olive oil. I do use olive oil when I mix up a face scrub, tho.

I'll have to come back to this. Years and years ago, I used to make a lot of stuff ~ earthy, crunchy, hippy Sugar. LOL! After some trial and error, I came up w/ some really great stuff.

Jackson MS
Username hidden
(494 posts)
Exfoliating Body Scrub

Tired of spending 10.00 or more on a good scrub ? This scrub both exfoliates and moisturizes and smells wonderful without interfering with your favorite perfume. It leaves me skin super soft and doesn't break the bank; I use it daily.

Using a tight sealing jar Start with about 3/4 cup Virgin Oil Oil add 1 TBS of dried crushed Thyme ( or favorite Herb) ...stir together . Add slowly 1 Cup Sugar ( Raw works best but Cane will do just fine) continue mixing until you have a very thick paste about the texture of cookie dough. Before closing jar cover with a thin layer of Olive Oil .........stir and use in the shower or tub. Caution tub may become slippery so be sure to rinse well to avoid an accident. Keep tightly sealed and away from pets............my kitties always want to lick the jar lol. If you prefer a more floral scent any type of fragrant oil can be substituted for the Thyme In a Nice Jar with a pretty Bow this makes a lovely gift as well. (Christmas is getting close UGHHHHH) Anyone else have a great homemade product they swear by for the body or household chores?

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5389 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Homemade Products