Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Women Talk › Hair removal on the face
TOPIC: Hair_removal_on_the_face
Created by: LadyandtheWolf
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hey ladies can anyone recommend a gentle hair remover for the face?

I have this fine peach fuzz hair on my cheeks below my ears. There is not a lot and no one notices it but me. However it drives me crazy. My skin is pretty sensitive so I really need something gentle.

Dee

1 to 2 of 2
User Details are only visible to members.
I have the same thing, and usually I just leave it alone. Actually, having a bit of 'peach fuzz' can give you an 'airbrushed' look in photos. However, I have removed facial hair with some home made sugaring wax. There are no parabins or harsh chemicals. Here is what I do.

Take 2 cups of sugar , 1/2 cup lemon juice, and 1/2 cup water, and pour it all into a sauce pan. Turn your stove on high and, stirring constantly, wait until the mixture boils, then dial it back to just a simmer. Continue to simmer until you get a deep honey colored mixture. Remove from heat and let cool until its only warm and easy to handle on your skin.

From here, I use a chopstick to apply the sugaring wax, then use a small slip of cloth to use as a waxing strip. Pull against the grain of hair growth.

IMMEDIATELY after, I apply cocoa butter or vitamin E to the area I waxed, just because I have very sensitive skin. They do sell products that are meant to be soothing, but my skin doesn't tolerate harsh chemicals well, so I stick to the 'natural' stuff.

This wax is fantastic for pretty much any hair, and I've waxed hair only 1/8 to 1/16 of an inch long, AND I have used it on peach fuzz at the corners of my mouth. Its also an amazing eyebrow wax, or body wax, though I've found, as a bikini wax, it isn't so good at picking up short coarse hair, so the pubic hair needs to be about 1/4 of an inch long for optimum waxing. If you have coarse leg hair, I'm sure it would be the same. I just have peach fuzz on my legs, so I haven't been able to experiment.

I hope that helps

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
Hey ladies can anyone recommend a gentle hair remover for the face?

I have this fine peach fuzz hair on my cheeks below my ears. There is not a lot and no one notices it but me. However it drives me crazy. My skin is pretty sensitive so I really need something gentle.

Dee

Burleson TX
Username hidden
(3195 posts)
1 to 2 of 2
TOPIC: Hair removal on the face
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.