Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Women Talk › HELP! PMS is kicking my ass!!
TOPIC: HELP!__PMS_is_kicking_my_ass!!
Created by: lost_j1
Original Starting post for this thread:
Hey ladies, I need either sympathy or advice lol...both I think. Do you know of any natural "remedies" for PMS? I believe that I have severe PMS, perhaps PMDD. I do NOT get suicidal like some poor ladies, I won't say that. But I get other symptoms to the extreme....a week long migraine that will NOT go away, extreme bloating (I can look at "normal" pics and pms pics and its like 2 different people...I'm completely exhausted (last night I literally fell asleep sitting up in front of the laptop), the whole 9 yards plus 2 more. I have PCOS so its not a surprise to me that my hormones are whacked. I am going to my OB who will most likely talk about bcp, but this sends my body into a tail spin (I am probably having endometrial ablation done because I cannot take the pill).......do you know of any homeopathic herbs that I can take to control this pms I am having? Any advice helps, at this point I'm only "normal" half a month at a time. Thank you in advance, Shelly

1 to 7 of 7
User Details are only visible to members.
lost... too funny..lol

Username hidden
(1624 posts)
Thank you for the advice Ring! Yeah I hate it. I just hate it! I get really weight manic during my PMS week and poor Jay just can't live with me hardly lol. When I can't get my jeans on right you just know something bad is going to happen lmao. Shell

Username hidden
(23989 posts)
Cayne gave you two wonderful herbs that work !!!

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
Look up a product called Natural Calm on google. It is a more biologically available form of magnesium than the oxides that are in most supplements. There is a LOT of research that has been done on magnesium and I just do not understand why it is not widely talked about. There are over 40 processes in our body that require it and we deplete it quite easily with our lifestyles. It also aids the uptake of calcium.

Fuquay Varina NC
Username hidden
(207 posts)
lost.. you sound similar to me when its that time of the month. I used to have tremendous back pain and cramps. Plus I could barely stay awake. There would be times I would just make it home and fall asleep on the couch. And waking up in the morning was such a struggle my hubby would have to literally drag me out of the bed. And not to mention the migraines!!!! a couple of days before my period. Well you get the picture. Anyway a friend told be to try magnesium. I take 400 mg a day and take b12 and Saint Johns wort about a couple of weeks before my period. Also, I stay awake from salt during that time. All can say is why didn't someone tell about mag. when I started my period. I am not as tired, the back pain is manageable and I am not so tired. Just recently I have been going to a chiropractor due to some back problems. I had went for a couple of treatments when I started my period and you will never guess. I had no back pain!!! Anyway I was reading up on chriop.. treatment during menstruation and there was research that indicated it could reduce cramps, back pain and some other things. hmmm Well I will have to see about that one maybe it was just a coincidence..

Username hidden
(1624 posts)
Make sure you are getting enough calcium and minerals in your diet (like magnesium and potassium) and I know some of my friends who get PMS take chaste berry and evening primrose oil supplements and that works for them.

For bloating.. make sure not to increase your salt or sugar intake during that time.

Hope you feel better!

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
Hey ladies, I need either sympathy or advice lol...both I think. Do you know of any natural "remedies" for PMS? I believe that I have severe PMS, perhaps PMDD. I do NOT get suicidal like some poor ladies, I won't say that. But I get other symptoms to the extreme....a week long migraine that will NOT go away, extreme bloating (I can look at "normal" pics and pms pics and its like 2 different people...I'm completely exhausted (last night I literally fell asleep sitting up in front of the laptop), the whole 9 yards plus 2 more. I have PCOS so its not a surprise to me that my hormones are whacked. I am going to my OB who will most likely talk about bcp, but this sends my body into a tail spin (I am probably having endometrial ablation done because I cannot take the pill).......do you know of any homeopathic herbs that I can take to control this pms I am having? Any advice helps, at this point I'm only "normal" half a month at a time. Thank you in advance, Shelly

Username hidden
(23989 posts)
1 to 7 of 7
TOPIC: HELP PMS is kicking my ass
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.