Fun, homemade Christmas gifts : Swingers Discussion 52596
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsWomen TalkFun, homemade Christmas gifts
TOPIC: Fun, homemade Christmas gifts
Created by: Lick_N_Nibbles The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
one year I made truffles, hard candy, and orange coconut brittle. the truffles were the messiest , but everyone loved it.

Delton MI
Username hidden
(4361 posts)
I am going to start making my crystal bead christmas trees that light soon...

equipemnt is crystal clear star beads.. safety pins..... wire..... small set of 25 multi color lights from dollar store

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
I found this book at a yard sale called 'simply made- 365 easy gifts and decorations you can make... i think its great, it has a project called 'beaded snowflakes' made from corsage pins thats turning out beautifully. We're makeing a set for a friend of ours for his first christmas in Texas. Also i always make Rum Truffles by the ton! This year im going to try some petite point lace for my niece but who knows how that'll go.......

Happy Holidays Alexis

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(4 posts)
This year we are giving his family DVD slideshows of all of their family pics set to music. I temporarily acquired his diseased mother's photo albums and have scanned them into the computer and used software that burns the whole slideshow to be viewed in their dvd players. Anyone interested in doing this, I can tell you it's so easy. There are two easy software programs(PixPlay or ProshowGold, the latter which I recommend) that work well. YOu don't even have to own a dvd burner. The program allows you to use your cd burners and cd/r's and converts them to be played in 94%(in VOD or VCD format) of dvd players. YOu drop in the pics, arrange them in whatever order you want, drop in the music(mp3 or wav) and you're done!

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
I don't have any pics of them yet....but maybe I should...Hmmmmmm

Concord CA
Username hidden
(1343 posts)
My favorite and consistant handmade gifts are personalized chocolates.

I make the chocolates from molds, then personalize the boxes and the tops of the candies. I use colored white chocolate to put their initials or sayings on each piece. Then use edible inks for putting little words of wisdom or initials on the bottoms of the paper candy cups. I also decorate the box with various designs for each individual.

They love it every year! And each one is personalized per recipient.

I'm a big time creative wrapper, so my gift wrapping always looks like a gift too! Some people have left their gifts wrapped just cause it looked so beautiful! I have even bought wooden boxes to wrap their gifts in, but decoupage'd the boxes with cutouts of things they like. One for a girl was covered in jewelry pieces, one covered in costmetics for another girl, wine tasting stuff for my bro, and fly-tying stuff for my dad.

So, its not just the purchased item that counts, the packaging is everything too!

Watch out Martha! Aint got nothing on me! LOL

Lancaster PA
Username hidden
(2416 posts)
I'm currently working on Yarn octopi...i personalise them with buttons based on the persons likes....for example I just finished a baseball themed one for my Father-in-law

Concord CA
Username hidden
(1343 posts)
I enjoy making all kinds of things and have given hand made gifts lots of times before. In the past I have made candles, done cross stitch and made painted wooden holiday signs(cut them out of the wood myself, sanded and did all the painting). The last few years I have been really big into beading...jewelry, ornament covers, home decor etc. All done with glass seed beads and/or other larger glass beads. I really enjoy it and everyone seems to enjoy their gifts.

~Denise~

Meadville PA
Username hidden
(76 posts)
Every year I make an ornemant for everyone in the family. Normally personalized with names. Although I have been having fun with bead ornaments...

I hate how commercial hoildays are I do shop for my kids everything else I create based on the individuals.

I enjoy doing glass etching... Its complicated process but alot of fun... I am making hand painted wine glasses for alot of people I know...

~ Yvonne

Bridgeport PA
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Fun, homemade Christmas gifts